Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: S2000, BTC and Ngtc 1/43 Btcc models

Thats quite a collection there CKM

Quote Originally Posted by CKM View Post
    I used this when I first started collecting but it is a little out of date now and doesn't include kits. Alternatively you can look at the link below which show my collection including codes, I have all the models (but not all manufacturers eg I have a Racing Replicas not a Minichamps etc) that have been released commercially

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2837212...7607220392687/
    You actually converted a Racing Replicas, Kelvin Burt no.32 Mondeo to make a Rob Gravett version. Are you mad? The Burt versions are mega rare and very rarely surface. I've seen them go for £75-80 on ebay. You'd have done better to convert a Rouse model, you can pick them up for less than a tenner most auctions.

I only collect the Mondeo's I probably have at least 6 of each of the Minichamps Radisich and Rouse cars plus a few duplicates of Radisich's TCWC models. I have a few of the plain white Mondeo test car, as well as all the Racing Replicas Mondeos, including duplicates of some. Several of Mansells 93 Toca shoot out model in both Minichamps and Racing Replicas. Plus at least 2 of each of the Pro-mod Cox, Neal and Kaye cars.
    Then I also have the Minichamps Mondeos from European series.
    If I see cars going cheap enough on ebay, I can't resist buying another one.

I used this when I first started collecting but it is a little out of date now and doesn't include kits. Alternatively you can look at the link below which show my collection including codes, I have all the models (but not all manufacturers eg I have a Racing Replicas not a Minichamps etc) that have been released commercially

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2837212...7607220392687/
    Simply stunning collection there! Lovely to flick through and admire all the super tourers

Dam it, just got out bid on a well known site for a Carl Breeze 2004 alpha romeo

[QUOTE=Mondeo2;183687]You actually converted a Racing Replicas, Kelvin Burt no.32 Mondeo to make a Rob Gravett version. Are you mad? The Burt versions are mega rare and very rarely surface. I've seen them go for £75-80 on ebay. You'd have done better to convert a Rouse model, you can pick them up for less than a tenner most auctions.
    QUOTE]

Not really as it was a damaged model and I got it before I realised it was that rare! If you look closely you can see that some of the sunstrip is missing, also when I got it so were the wing mirrors and the Burt name was missing on the back window and part of one of the side windows and a big scratch on the front number (It looked like it must have come loose in teh box at some point). Also it has to be the Burt car to convert as the Rouse and Radisich cars have the wrong colour sunstrips.
    This was my first conversion and I got the numbers/name from some left over decals from a couple of kits. Not the best conversion but it will do.
    Currently got a project on the go that you might be interested in, I'm trying to make the Gravett Rock it Cargo Mondeo from 1995, the model is painted up but I've run our of money to get the decals made. Hopefully one day!

[QUOTE=CKM;183720]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondeo2 View Post
    You actually converted a Racing Replicas, Kelvin Burt no.32 Mondeo to make a Rob Gravett version. Are you mad? The Burt versions are mega rare and very rarely surface. I've seen them go for £75-80 on ebay. You'd have done better to convert a Rouse model, you can pick them up for less than a tenner most auctions.
    QUOTE]

Not really as it was a damaged model and I got it before I realised it was that rare! If you look closely you can see that some of the sunstrip is missing, also when I got it so were the wing mirrors and the Burt name was missing on the back window and part of one of the side windows and a big scratch on the front number (It looked like it must have come loose in teh box at some point). Also it has to be the Burt car to convert as the Rouse and Radisich cars have the wrong colour sunstrips.
    This was my first conversion and I got the numbers/name from some left over decals from a couple of kits. Not the best conversion but it will do.
    Currently got a project on the go that you might be interested in, I'm trying to make the Gravett Rock it Cargo Mondeo from 1995, the model is painted up but I've run our of money to get the decals made. Hopefully one day!
    In the case of the Burt car, I'll let you off. Would be interested to see the Gravett Rock it Cargo Mondeo when you have it done. Where or who do you get to make your decals?

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2624 View Post
    Dam it, just got out bid on a well known site for a Carl Breeze 2004 alpha romeo
    i have been wanting that one for a while aswell its annoying there very rare

[QUOTE=Mondeo2;183728]

In the case of the Burt car, I'll let you off. Would be interested to see the Gravett Rock it Cargo Mondeo when you have it done. Where or who do you get to make your decals?
    A friend I know but can't give any further info than that.

i know this is not to do with BTCC but it saves me making another thread...
    anybody know of any UK websites that sell 1/43 scale Aussie V8 models?

Quote Originally Posted by bradc3 View Post
    i know this is not to do with BTCC but it saves me making another thread...
    anybody know of any UK websites that sell 1/43 scale Aussie V8 models?
    It might sound silly, but you will get them cheaper if you buy them direct from Australia.
    NOW 49.84!!

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    It might sound silly, but you will get them cheaper if you buy them direct from Australia.
    I've often seen some on ebay but the shipping costs from Australia make them very expensive.

Thats what I was thinking mondeo
    And sometimes these website dont ship to UK

Quote Originally Posted by Mondeo2 View Post
    I've often seen some on ebay but the shipping costs from Australia make them very expensive.
    It depends how much you want the models?

Actually, I buy all my new models direct from the Manufacturer NOT e-bay!
    NOW 49.84!!

Quote Originally Posted by bradc3 View Post
    Thats what I was thinking mondeo
    And sometimes these website dont ship to UK
    Have you asked them directly? I have a couple of times with BTCC models that I was struggling to get here and they were happy to ablige. They just didn't want to do it as a matter of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    It depends how much you want the models?

Actually, I buy all my new models direct from the Manufacturer NOT e-bay!
    I agree, I have found that a lot of feebay users rack up the postage costs as it's a good way to get some of the listing fees back. From Aus you should really pay any more than A$ 15.00 for postage.

Is this the guy that makes models for himself?

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...els/?start=all