Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Speedworks graduate to BTCC

maybe develop one? If toyota wanted to enter, they wouldnt have to worry about the car, so engine development would be a smaller hurdle than if they were to be starting from scratch, the NGTC engine only was in that car as it was a TOCA prototype
    CTCRC Pre 93 touring car championship
    Sheraton - 66 BMW E30 325I
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/APS-Ra...53611811361909 like us on facebook!
    `

Theres no conformation that they have bought the toca avensis anyway is there??

wont toca want to keep it into next season to continue development etc???

maybe thats why they are happy to look at a two car program as if they are building or buying one if money allows why not two??
    JP Fan Club - Member No.12

[

There is confirmation that they aren't buying the TOCA car if you read the front page story as it says GPR are building them a new one.

im not sure that toyota would be fussed about using someone elses engines. manufactures just want the coverage and the public would see a toyota badge and that is it! just look at what DTM have done with standard engines? (correct me if im wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by felix27 View Post
    im not sure that toyota would be fussed about using someone elses engines. manufactures just want the coverage and the public would see a toyota badge and that is it! just look at what DTM have done with standard engines? (correct me if im wrong)
    As far as I'm aware after reading up on DTM engine regs., the manufacturers build their own engines. If the TOCA engine was a newly developed custom built engine from scratch, probably manufacturers wouldn't mind using it, but as far as I'm aware the TOCA engine is based on a Vauxhall engine.

Great looking livery on the btcc homepage for the Avensis. Sure will stand out on the grid next year. Looking forward to next season already.

The Avensis Livery?

Do you think that it is supposed to be silver or an artists attempt at trying to make white look more dramatic?

I really hope it will be silver, its an under-used racing colour.
    “One can’t be angry when one looks at a penguin”

I like the livery, makes it look mean and stands out.

I hope it is silver - white is just boring and too many cars had white this year.

Honestly, The concept art is abit meh. But i will reserve full judgement till i see the real deal.

the livery actually looks very similar to the '95 and '96 Ford Mondeos

2012 BTCC Predictions Champion!!