View Poll Results: Round 1 Thruxton - Are you coming along?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Both Days

22 33.85%
  • Yes - Qualifying Day Only

0 0%
  • Yes - Race Day Only

20 30.77%
  • Nope - Watching it on the TV

21 32.31%
  • Nope - I'm doing something else

2 3.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BTCC - Round 1 - Thruxton, Hampshire (Races 1,2 & 3)

Quote Originally Posted by kezbabybabe View Post
    Cat: When you do, I'll give you somewhere to stay.
    That's very kind. A second option of somewhere to stay. I don't think I'd ever be stuck though, my aunt's in Basingstoke!

lukeozade0405 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by teenymac View Post
    That's very kind. A second option of somewhere to stay. I don't think I'd ever be stuck though, my aunt's in Basingstoke!
    Go Basingstoke always nice to hear people are from my town.

Quote Originally Posted by teenymac View Post
    Oh yeah I forget about that...
    [Past] Fans Trophy Co-Organiser
    Winners: 2008: Mat Jackson; 2009: Paul O'Neill; 2010: Shaun Hollamby; 2011: Frank Wrathall; 2012: Dave Newsham

http://www.btcc.net/pdf/ci_12.pdf

Timetable is released for the weekend.

4 races on Saturday is cool, though shame both long Porsche races are on the Sunday. Also Race 3 last thing on Sunday will cause some mayhem getting out the car park.

Quote Originally Posted by simon1220 View Post
    Also Race 3 last thing on Sunday will cause some mayhem getting out the car park.
    Not if you wait. ;-)
    [Past] Fans Trophy Co-Organiser
    Winners: 2008: Mat Jackson; 2009: Paul O'Neill; 2010: Shaun Hollamby; 2011: Frank Wrathall; 2012: Dave Newsham

Quote Originally Posted by simon1220 View Post
    http://www.btcc.net/pdf/ci_12.pdf

Timetable is released for the weekend.

4 races on Saturday is cool, though shame both long Porsche races are on the Sunday. Also Race 3 last thing on Sunday will cause some mayhem getting out the car park.
    Yawn!! Althugh it gives you time have a walk in the paddock and the stands around the circuit!!

I like it!
    I see my weekend nicely split up with a bit of testing, bit of visiting, then qualifying, more natter then racing.
    Followed by pitlane, yacking, racing,yacking,racing ending up with some yacking..... smashing.
    I love it when TCars last - no one has vanished by the time I get over to the paddock
    Got the Championship champagne in 2012 with Huffy - what a star. Who is going to be a champion in 2013?

Starting the weekend on Friday.
    Can't believe the prices though. Is it just me or are the tickets getting a bit expensive? Don't think I would bother if I had to pay at the gate.
    I dont wanna go to work, on me bike, in the rain. (Baron Knights)

lukeozade0405 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Starting the weekend on Friday.
    Can't believe the prices though. Is it just me or are the tickets getting a bit expensive? Don't think I would bother if I had to pay at the gate.
    Following Motor sport has always been an expensive hobby but when you compare it to F1, you get so much more for your buck with Btcc.

..........here, there and everywhere............
    Hoping to make it (both days if I do), but my plans are a bit up in the air at the moment.

Glad to see amdessex on the list of attendees for both days
    "Art is whatever you can get away with" - Andy Warhol

I'll be there on race day, hope to meet up with some of you again!

Me,Jue & littlelegs will be there Sunday only,was going to do both days but got something on the saturday night ...can't be in 2 places at once !!!!......25 days ..YIPPPEEEE it's been a long winter !!!!
    J.P FAN NO ? ,Marshall fan 11, RML AIRWAVES BMW, Andy Neate

Quote Originally Posted by lukeozade0405 View Post
    Following Motor sport has always been an expensive hobby but when you compare it to F1, you get so much more for your buck with Btcc.

Oh I agree. Just ticket prices seem to have leapt ahead of inflation. Just hope Thruxton don't get too greedy and kill off the crowds. Camping has gone up too from last year. Especially as it is the least serviced site of those that do provide camping.
    I dont wanna go to work, on me bike, in the rain. (Baron Knights)

Hello Everyone

I have decided to start posting again, following the winter break, as the new Season is just around the corner.

Can't believe the New Season is only 3 weeks away, I am really excited about it, seems ages since we were driving away from that unforgettable day at Brands Hatch back in October. That was possibly the greatest Touring Car event I have been to, the whole day was amazing.

But 2010 is here now, Looking forward to seeing new names, Drivers in different teams, and the golden oldies, assuming Plato and Neal are there.

As far as Thruxton goes, Will be there Both Days, Race Day is my Birthday, So Dad has got weekend tickets for me and Him as a present

Travelling down from Norwich on the Saturday Morning, will be at the track for the afternoon. Staying in a nearby Premier INN for the Saturday Night, Then got The GrandStand seats for the whole day on the Sunday, Really looking forward to it

See you all there

lukeozade0405 Guest
    Guys, quick question....

It's been a while since I been to Thruxton and just wondering how the grandstand seat allocation works, On my tickets it just gives me a letter and seats numbers. Does that mean you just get what you're given and find out what stand you're in when you get to the circuit?

I only ask cause When I went to Brands in October you got to pick which stand.

Cheers for the responses.

Ah yeah also if some of you are very familiar with Thrux do you know what stand X is ?