Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Andy Neate confirmed at WSR

Andy Neate confirmed at WSR

Andy Neate will return to the British Touring Car Championship this year after being announced as the first driver for the WSR BMW squad.

Quote Originally Posted by gover14 View Post
    Andy Neate will return to the British Touring Car Championship this year after being announced as the first driver for the WSR BMW squad.
    Can I ask where this has been announced? Just check WSR's website and the last news was about RAC continuing to sponsor but not as the title sponsor.

Just read this myself. I am sure there are going to be quite a few of us on here rooting for him this year, in his motorsport comeback after the injuries he sustained a little over 12 months ago.

Good luck Andy.
    Supporting Jason Plato, Mat Jackson / Steven Kane, AMD along with Motorbase & Stephen Jelley in the PCCGB. Jake Hill for 2010 Ginetta Junior Champ

Fair play to him, well deserved and I hope he can bag a few wins. Am sure the long months he was recovering seem to be worth it for him now.
    Racing in the 2015 Hyundai Coupe Cup, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dan-Bl...59555947473855

This is probably the best piece of news the 2010 BTCC season will get - its great to see Andy join the grid, and I'm sure he'll do a fantastic job for WSR and for his family and those who supported him during his period of recovery.

Welcome back Andy
    Idiots on here have forced me to go!

Wow Andy must be over the moon, and one tough cookie Great to have him on board

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer View Post
    Can I ask where this has been announced? Just check WSR's website and the last news was about RAC continuing to sponsor but not as the title sponsor.
    The front page of the site you've posted on...

Good luck to Andy, hope things go well for him.
    Last edited by Marc W; 22nd Feb 2010 at 05:31 PM.

pressure must be on turks and jelley now to find a budget maybe we,ll see a 3 car entry from the surrey crew

Great news to see he's in for 2010 in the champion car! Now hopefully we'll see Turks and Jelley back for 2010 as well. What a line-up that would be at WSR!!! And then there's also the Alex MacDowall news as well...could we be on for a 4 car superteam or is that too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Conor14 View Post
    Great news to see he's in for 2010 in the champion car! Now hopefully we'll see Turks and Jelley back for 2010 as well. What a line-up that would be at WSR!!! And then there's also the Alex MacDowall news as well...could we be on for a 4 car superteam or is that too much to ask?
    Slow down Nelly, Getting way to ahead of yourself

Although it would be Cool

Anyway it's great to see that Neate has Finally made the big time, Specially after a Potentially Life Threatening Incident, Hope he is up for the challenge

2012 BTCC Predictions Champion!!

cant see wsr buying a 4th beemer but having the 3 they already have racing each weekend would be awesome

Great news

Will be great to see Andy round the hill in a beemer
    Message for all you racers out there

PLEASE KEEP IT ON THE BLACK STUFF

Looking forward to seeing andy get some race wins this year. I know i'll be supporting him, local hero!

Just read the news nice 1 ...go for it Andy !!!!
    J.P FAN NO ? ,Marshall fan 11, RML AIRWAVES BMW, Andy Neate

great news, really wish andy all the best, as one that followed the threads in the days after the accident to see him making it home again was amazing back racing in BTCC is hellfire

suffice to say I dont think he will have to buy many drinks all year as folk will be lining up to buy him a beer. Know there is a pint and a dram on the bar at knockhill for him
    Knockhill marshal and proud
    opinions expressed are my own and not those of any organisations i am connected with