Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Off-season pics

good photos on here,(strange seeing that retro car!) cant wait til thruxton!!!!
    thompson fan no1
    turkington fan no1
    beer fan no2
    keep off-topic alive

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    Wrong there Mapster1989. If you look at the BMW it has Rainbow colours in the stripe! And it does include the colour red.

It is the WSR car that has only a Blue stripe!

And if you look even closer at the Airwaves BMW it has the 2009 WTCC spec bonnet and front-end of the later model BMW. Complete with bonnet vents...
    I meant that it looked as if they had just removed the livery and left the blue stripe from their 2009 livery. They have now obviously added their livery to what was a 'plain' car in testing.

EDIT: Just read kez's reply. Thanks for that.
    Last edited by mapster1989; 24th Mar 2010 at 07:22 PM.

Lightbulb Media Day pictures

Pictures from the Media Day yesterday . . . .

I have uploaded a few of mine to my website . . .

Click Me

BTCC test day at Brands Hatch 9th March

Here a are a few snaps from the day, enjoy

DSC_4696 by John Nunney, on Flickr

DSC_5120 by John Nunney, on Flickr

DSC_4637 by John Nunney, on Flickr

DSC_5114 by John Nunney, on Flickr

Few more here......
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnnun...th/5512648482/

nice pics!!

I have to say, every time i see Jacksons car its got more logos on it, and looks better for it!
    btccblueprints.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mondeo2 View Post
    Cheers Ben, no DSLR for me. I have a Panasonic FZ38 Bridge camera. Some of the versatility of a DSLR, just without the expense.
    If you want tips on your use of the DSLR, register on the forum I posted my photos. That's where I have learnt what I know (still learning though), they are a friendly bunch on the whole, some amatuers like me as well as pros.
    Can I ask what settings you use. I have got a FZ28 but have been having a few problems with getting sharp images lately, so wondered if some of my setting could make things better.

Cheers
    Ads

MG Magnette Next Year ??

Rumour mill in full swing ... MG Magnettes next year?

http://i52.tinypic.com/15z1t6q.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deetox; 23rd Jul 2011 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deetox View Post

Yes please! That would be a welcome addition to the BTCC grid.
    Idiots on here have forced me to go!

Quote Originally Posted by ads1 View Post
    Can I ask what settings you use. I have got a FZ28 but have been having a few problems with getting sharp images lately, so wondered if some of my setting could make things better.

Cheers
    Ads
    I usually have the camera set on M (manual) mode and adjust the camera focal length and speed from there on. With the graphics on the view finder, I always get settings to get me centrally on the scale that shows along the bottom. Then I prefocus on the area of track I want to take the finished shot, if you get a green dot appear after prefocus, you should have every chance of getting a clear crisp shot. Does the FZ28 have a multi focus option as well as single focus option. If so select that, it will produce different patterns of focal points meanin gyou can get more of a car in focus when panning especially if you are panning and taking a picture before the car becomes parallel with you. In such cases with a single focal point you may well get a sharp image on one area only such as front wing or door whilst the rest can look soft or blurred. With regard to actual settings this can change with level of light. When I got my first Panasonic (FZ5) I started off by putting the camera on panning mode in the scene selection. then using the settings displayed from that, I used those in Manual mode and experimented from there. If you put the camera into Shutter priority (S mode) this should take care of light levels for you and then you adjust the speed accordingly for the type of shot you require. 1/250 should give a good panning shot of car, but wheel motion and background blur will not be so good. 1/200 to 1/100 will give better wheel rotation blur and improved background blur. Improve on your technique and you could get side on panning shots at 1/50. For head on shots your looking at 1/500 or even 1/1000 this will take out any motion blur.

Quote Originally Posted by deetox View Post

Is that IF Motorsport, the team who tried to run the Punto Abarths in NGTC spec but didn't know they were too short?
    Pedro Pablo Calbimonte fan No. 1!