Page 2617 of 2618 FirstFirst ... 1617 2117 2517 2567 2607 2615 2616 2617 2618 LastLast
Results 39,241 to 39,255 of 39265

Thread: off topic? enter here......

Quote Originally Posted by cxx666 View Post
    I raced in my bus against a colleague going from the depot to the start of the route at work the other week if that counts.

Wait no, I didn't do that at all, that would have been highly unprofessional.
    We used to do that when I did some overtime on the delivery vans at Tesco (Other supermarkets are available). We used to see how long the route is and how long it should take, and pick the closest ones and have a little race.
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Controversial originality since 1990

Anybody heading to the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend?
    Im from the City of Chichester, the place really comes alive for the festival of speed!
    Below is a really good artical about the benefits of the event to the Sussex economy
    http://www.chichester.co.uk/news/loc...nomy-1-6818817
    #SussexSpeed
    Supporting Sussex's very own Jolyon Palmer in F1
    Good Old Sussex By The Sea

Vauxhall back in the BTCC could not be happier

Quote Originally Posted by pagey318 View Post
    We could talk about any motor racing we have done ourselves in the past...
    ...ends with karting.
    And having a look how fast I can go on the motorway. It's sobering when you're driving over 130 mph (and you feel like you're going so fast, because it's the best my car can do) and a Brabus_Mercedes (or sth. like that) passes you like you were driving 50 or so.
    Of course that's not racing, but it's fun with cars

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

Ive done some banger racing and stock car racing, with a bit of karting too... Plan is to do my ARDs license next year but we shall see!

As for driving that fast in my car... No hope. A) it wouldn't go that fast and B) In the UK we cant do those speeds, legally anyway!
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Ive done some banger racing and stock car racing, with a bit of karting too... Plan is to do my ARDs license next year but we shall see!

As for driving that fast in my car... No hope. A) it wouldn't go that fast and B) In the UK we cant do those speeds, legally anyway!
    What car do you drive? I owned an Astra F and it went a bit over 115 mph on the clock... with only 71 HP.
    I'd like to do a national-A-license. Just to have done it ...not that cheap. Have to see if I can afford it. But what I will afford this or next year is driving around the Nordschleife. Cheaper than the license if you don't wreck your car.

Quote Originally Posted by klaus View Post
    What car do you drive? I owned an Astra F and it went a bit over 115 mph on the clock... with only 71 HP.
    I'd like to do a national-A-license. Just to have done it ...not that cheap. Have to see if I can afford it. But what I will afford this or next year is driving around the Nordschleife. Cheaper than the license if you don't wreck your car.
    Current car is a Renault Captur, one of the first on British roads it was! Not now, theyre ****** everywhere! Its the 1.5 (1.6 really) diesel version, pretty nippy if you take Eco mode off... I am upgrading soon though, I have persuaded the missus to get a Ford Focus ST... But I had to compromise, she wants a big car, I want a fast car... So we are getting the estate version. Fine by me, I think they are lovely cars!
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Current car is a Renault Captur, one of the first on British roads it was! Not now, theyre ****** everywhere! Its the 1.5 (1.6 really) diesel version, pretty nippy if you take Eco mode off... I am upgrading soon though, I have persuaded the missus to get a Ford Focus ST... But I had to compromise, she wants a big car, I want a fast car... So we are getting the estate version. Fine by me, I think they are lovely cars!
    You hardly see a Capture here. Had to google it

Sounds like a good compromise. Congratulationsd
    On the first fllor in the house I live is a Ford-dealer. He has some Focuses I see evryday when I smoke a cigarette at the window. Good looking cars.

Have to admit that I'd like to own an estate myself. Insignia or sth. like that. Just the best cars for the daily live (except you live in a city).
    I now own an old A4 with the smallest available engine (1.6, 101 HP) which passed the TÜV (I think it's MOT in the UK) today. So I hope to drive it another two years.

You hardly see a Capture here. Had to google it

Sounds like a good compromise. Congratulationsd
    On the first fllor in the house I live is a Ford-dealer. He has some Focuses I see evryday when I smoke a cigarette at the window. Good looking cars.

Have to admit that I'd like to own an estate myself. Insignia or sth. like that. Just the best cars for the daily live (except you live in a city).
    I now own an old A4 with the smallest available engine (1.6, 101 HP) which passed the TÜV (I think it's MOT in the UK) today. So I hope to drive it another two years.
    My brother works for Ford so I get good deals on new cars. The missus wants a pick up truck if we are getting something big, but I cant seem to find a good deal on one, maybe now that we are both earning a respectable wage we can think about getting one! She would also like an RV...

I want a classic car on the road too, but that will take some work as I am limited for space at the moment as living with her parents!
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

My brother works for Ford so I get good deals on new cars. The missus wants a pick up truck if we are getting something big, but I cant seem to find a good deal on one, maybe now that we are both earning a respectable wage we can think about getting one! She would also like an RV...

I want a classic car on the road too, but that will take some work as I am limited for space at the moment as living with her parents!
    ...good deals are always good
    Pick ups trucks are not my cup of tea. I was never really interested in them or those new SUVs.

But classic cars are great. I also would like to own one. I will change the city where I work this autumn and I'm looking for a good flat with a garage. I'm not a mechanic, and only can do a few things on cars, so I hope to find a good car, where you don't have to put a lot effort in. I would like to have an old Opel, like a Commodore, Monza or a Senator. But the prefered car would be an Opel coupe, like the Manta (B) or the Calibra (OK... not a classic, but in a few years...).
    A few years ago I nearly bought a Monza, because a friend of mine and his girlfriend had rented a farm with a barn (with a hydraulic lift in it). He knew a lot more about cars... but then they broke up: No farm, no barn, no lift.
    An old American car would be very cool, but they are too expensive to buy and I think it's a bit of a problem with spares here.
    What classic car(s) would you like?

...good deals are always good
    Pick ups trucks are not my cup of tea. I was never really interested in them or those new SUVs.

But classic cars are great. I also would like to own one. I will change the city where I work this autumn and I'm looking for a good flat with a garage. I'm not a mechanic, and only can do a few things on cars, so I hope to find a good car, where you don't have to put a lot effort in. I would like to have an old Opel, like a Commodore, Monza or a Senator. But the prefered car would be an Opel coupe, like the Manta (B) or the Calibra (OK... not a classic, but in a few years...).
    A few years ago I nearly bought a Monza, because a friend of mine and his girlfriend had rented a farm with a barn (with a hydraulic lift in it). He knew a lot more about cars... but then they broke up: No farm, no barn, no lift.
    An old American car would be very cool, but they are too expensive to buy and I think it's a bit of a problem with spares here.
    What classic car(s) would you like?
    No shortage of classic yank motors over here! Many of them get raced in banger racing each week so spares are always around!

I wouldn't mind a classic yank, but my tipple would be an old ford, Granada Mk1/2, especially the Mk1 coupe, Capri of any Mk, or an old Jag, Mk2/10, XJ6 Series 1/2/3, standard or coupe, XJ12 in any spec, Daimler variants accepted!
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

We could talk about any motor racing we have done ourselves in the past...
    One Castle Combe FFord race back in October 2009, came stone dead last of all finishers on a sodden track. Earlier that year I did a Ginetta G20 try-out day at Donny, then managed to do an open pit day at Silverstone South (before the current modifications so the Ireland chicane was still being used) with tuition from Tom Ferrier in another G20.

Been largely quiet since then, due to lack of budget/uni studies/getting married but, as you can see from my Tw@tter handle, I still clutch to those days like straws. Waiting to get a decent paid job so I can put some money aside to do some club racing - tried out an Mk.1 MX5 race car at a track day up at Combe last year and it was a quality piece of kit, so might well look into that or MR2s.

EDIT: Apologies for the slight thread hijack!
    Last edited by F50Kid; 13th Jul 2015 at 09:00 PM.
    David Leslie, Silverstone 1997: "This is David, Bintcliffe's done it again and the car's f***ed..."

No shortage of classic yank motors over here! Many of them get raced in banger racing each week so spares are always around!

I wouldn't mind a classic yank, but my tipple would be an old ford, Granada Mk1/2, especially the Mk1 coupe, Capri of any Mk, or an old Jag, Mk2/10, XJ6 Series 1/2/3, standard or coupe, XJ12 in any spec, Daimler variants accepted!
    The Granada Mk1 coupe really is a good looking car. A Capri, too. Just read an article about the 2600RS in a magazin - what a car.
    The Jaguars would be a bit more expensive than the Fords, wouldn't they?
    Just had a look and can say, that the Opel Monza is the Vauxhall Royale coupe in the UK. Saw a cabrio from Keinath in a story about cabrios (surprise ) but as there were only made a few it's way too expensive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by F50Kid View Post

...I think it's not possible to hijack the "off topic-thread".

...BTW: Was that you in a yellow G20 in your old avatar pic?

Quote Originally Posted by F50Kid View Post
    One Castle Combe FFord race back in October 2009, came stone dead last of all finishers on a sodden track. Earlier that year I did a Ginetta G20 try-out day at Donny, then managed to do an open pit day at Silverstone South (before the current modifications so the Ireland chicane was still being used) with tuition from Tom Ferrier in another G20.

Been largely quiet since then, due to lack of budget/uni studies/getting married but, as you can see from my Tw@tter handle, I still clutch to those days like straws. Waiting to get a decent paid job so I can put some money aside to do some club racing - tried out an Mk.1 MX5 race car at a track day up at Combe last year and it was a quality piece of kit, so might well look into that or MR2s.

Id love to have a go, I did look into doing an arrive and drive in mx5 championship, and I was saving up to do my license and then book that whilst I was living up north, but then I was pretty much made redundant so I had to put it on hold. Now I am doing a 2l national saloon stock car race at kings lynn to raise money for our racing charity (shameless plug there, all donations accepted!) which I am a bit nervous about as its a totally new experience to me, and if you've never seen them, they are brutal. I would definitely recommend having a look at youtube for them!
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

An' to go off topic again, thinking of a new laptop, daughter and son in law are Mac users and are pushing that way, me, always pc/windows user, pros and cons people and equipment suggestions please.

Let the contest begin.