Page 2616 of 2618 FirstFirst ... 1616 2116 2516 2566 2606 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 LastLast
Results 39,226 to 39,240 of 39265

Thread: off topic? enter here......

Now there is a boost for decency and good taste
    @psq43 , rather obviously.

What amazes me are the number of people who are doing the whole "reinstate Clarkson" thing - I'm sorry, but he was at work, an allegation has been made that he punched someone and he has been suspended. Its pretty much standard when it comes to that kinda thing! What I don't fully understand is why Top Gear has been cancelled - why couldn't they let Hammond and May carry on without him and poke some irreverent fun at the situation?

..........here, there and everywhere............
    Quote Originally Posted by MGMattL View Post
    What amazes me are the number of people who are doing the whole "reinstate Clarkson" thing - I'm sorry, but he was at work, an allegation has been made that he punched someone and he has been suspended. Its pretty much standard when it comes to that kinda thing! What I don't fully understand is why Top Gear has been cancelled - why couldn't they let Hammond and May carry on without him and poke some irreverent fun at the situation?
    I couldn't agree more.
    "Art is whatever you can get away with" - Andy Warhol

What I don't fully understand is why Top Gear has been cancelled - why couldn't they let Hammond and May carry on without him and poke some irreverent fun at the situation?
    Because May and Hammond wouldn't have agreed to that. It will be in their contracts somewhere that they only present the show when all three are available, to cover situations like this, so they aren't forced to present it (i.e. to prevent breach of contract) when they want to be showing support for their colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by ManorBARC View Post
    Because May and Hammond wouldn't have agreed to that. It will be in their contracts somewhere that they only present the show when all three are available, to cover situations like this, so they aren't forced to present it (i.e. to prevent breach of contract) when they want to be showing support for their colleague.
    True, could be the case

How the **** does it take so loooong to hold an investigation? Get the two involved in the office next day, ask the relevant question" did you hit him and why?" Sort punishment if required and get on with life, job done.
    Probably negotiations for payments for doing the job are holding it all up, twats.

Quote Originally Posted by mj 446 View Post
    How the **** does it take so loooong to hold an investigation? Get the two involved in the office next day, ask the relevant question" did you hit him and why?" Sort punishment if required and get on with life, job done.
    Probably negotiations for payments for doing the job are holding it all up, twats.
    You need to have worked in/with the holy trinity of B's (BT, BBC, British Gas, British Airways, BAA) when they were nationalised to understand that they are more interest in politicking than getting on with the job at everyone else expense. The only long term loser here is going to be the BBC because they didn't think.

S

Quiet on here, isn't it

Quiet on here, isn't it
    Yes it is.
    Well, we could argue about the football championship in Canada... I was watching Thailand vs. Germany, and I think there were some men in the team from Thailand

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

Yeah, we could, but seeing as I don't follow football in any way, shape or form (even any England matches in any World Cup / Euros / so on, so it would be pretty one sided TBH

We could talk about any motor racing we have done ourselves in the past...
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Controversial originality since 1990

Quote Originally Posted by pagey318 View Post
    Does that include banger racing?

P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

James Hunt

It must do as that's where I was going with this! Lol. Im a keen banger racer and doing my first meeting in a 2l national Saloon Stock car, which I am proper excited about!
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Controversial originality since 1990

Quote Originally Posted by pagey318 View Post
    I raced in my bus against a colleague going from the depot to the start of the route at work the other week if that counts.

Wait no, I didn't do that at all, that would have been highly unprofessional.
    Sick of censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by cxx666 View Post
    I raced in my bus against a colleague going from the depot to the start of the route at work the other week if that counts.

Wait no, I didn't do that at all, that would have been highly unprofessional.
    Bet that did your Drive Green score no end of good
    @psq43 , rather obviously.