Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: BTCC 2021 rumours/hearsay/wishlist

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    356

    BTCC 2021 rumours/hearsay/wishlist

    Hello everyone,

    It is that time of year again, time for the off season.

    We know that Jake Hill will be returning with MB Motorsport, Trade Price Cars.com are joining forces with Excelr8 for some more Hyundai's and Cicely Motorsport are announcing their 2021 car tomorrow.

    What rumours or hearsay is there, any new drivers looking to move up?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    RAF Odiham
    Posts
    154
    Well Cicelys news of swapping from merc to BMW was a disappointment, was hoping for another brand to come on board.... I had heard Kia was gonna do a car ;-)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    559
    I reckon the Ciceley move to BMW is a good one, they could have gone to the expense of building a new car and go down a blind alley, or buy an off the shelf winner! the RWD cars do seem to have the edge but not a lot of C and D Segment cars are RWD these days so fair play to them.

    Adam won the Ginettas if I recall so can deffo drive an RWD car, that 2nd seat will be very attractive and there's a chap who really knows that car who has sat out 2020....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Isle of Lewis
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanneredmonkey View Post
    Well Cicelys news of swapping from merc to BMW was a disappointment, was hoping for another brand to come on board.... I had heard Kia was gonna do a car ;-)
    Nope, it's definitely Dacia.

    P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

    James Hunt


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    I reckon the Ciceley move to BMW is a good one, they could have gone to the expense of building a new car and go down a blind alley, or buy an off the shelf winner! the RWD cars do seem to have the edge but not a lot of C and D Segment cars are RWD these days so fair play to them.

    Adam won the Ginettas if I recall so can deffo drive an RWD car, that 2nd seat will be very attractive and there's a chap who really knows that car who has sat out 2020....
    I can see that second seat alongside Adam being a very popular one... who wouldn't want a proven race winning car prepared by a proven race winning squad with a potential champion as a team mate?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Isle of Lewis
    Posts
    793
    I thought the last part of the PMR report today (27th) was interesting:

    Were talking to some incredibly skilled drivers about the second seat for next season, and are looking for someone to work alongside us and Jason [Plato] in the long-term to get some trophies under our belts."


    So no Mat Jackson for PMR, then?

    P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

    James Hunt


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogami View Post
    I thought the last part of the PMR report today (27th) was interesting:

    Were talking to some incredibly skilled drivers about the second seat for next season, and are looking for someone to work alongside us and Jason [Plato] in the long-term to get some trophies under our belts."


    So no Mat Jackson for PMR, then?

    P
    That's how I read that, which sucks as Mat's return was something I was looking forward to.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    141
    I still cant see Jason coming back.

    Im worried for how BTCC 2021 is going to be like.

    These COVID restrictions are going to last well into next year. I dont expect fans to be at the first rounds. Sponsorship will be hard to get. COVID restrictions are really having more of an effect than the virus and I think it will have quite an effect on the 2021 grid.

    It will be interesting come March time to see where things are.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    559

    Btc?

    Is there anything up at BTC Racing?

    Josh Cook tweeted that he had enjoyed (past tense) his 2 years at the team? https://twitter.com/cooksport/status...44424462020608

    Bert Taylor has tweeted that he is now working with Chris Smiley and put up a profile pic of a Hyundai? https://twitter.com/btcc_bert

    Any clues?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    141
    Been announced today Bert has dropped out. Cant see any driver having the budget next year to do it properly.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    356
    Jack Goff announced at Team Hard in a Cupra. Not a massive surprise...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    968
    Is there any chance of a Toyata team with two cars?
    Would like that very mutch.


    BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    968
    Team Hard is selling Toyatas (thought they wouldn't exist anymore) and one CC...
    And:
    Team Parker is selling their transporter - don't think they do it because they need a bigger one!?


    BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    968
    Btw:
    Just read the news from exlr8 on TCT.
    The only question is:
    Do they really have Mansells F1 car in their garage?! Or where was that picture taken?


    BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    559

    Hard & Laser Tools....

    So what do we all think of that then?

    I'm chuffed to see a 3rd Infiniti but I'm not sure about the Driver in the 3rd car... a car that quick needs a top line driver...

    Otherwise I don't see any downsides at all...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •