Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BTCC 2021 rumours/hearsay/wishlist

BTCC 2021 rumours/hearsay/wishlist

Hello everyone,

It is that time of year again, time for the off season.

We know that Jake Hill will be returning with MB Motorsport, Trade Price Cars.com are joining forces with Excelr8 for some more Hyundai's and Cicely Motorsport are announcing their 2021 car tomorrow.

What rumours or hearsay is there, any new drivers looking to move up?

Well Cicelys news of swapping from merc to BMW was a disappointment, was hoping for another brand to come on board.... I had heard Kia was gonna do a car ;-)

I reckon the Ciceley move to BMW is a good one, they could have gone to the expense of building a new car and go down a blind alley, or buy an off the shelf winner! the RWD cars do seem to have the edge but not a lot of C and D Segment cars are RWD these days so fair play to them.

Adam won the Ginettas if I recall so can deffo drive an RWD car, that 2nd seat will be very attractive and there's a chap who really knows that car who has sat out 2020....

Quote Originally Posted by Spanneredmonkey View Post
    Well Cicelys news of swapping from merc to BMW was a disappointment, was hoping for another brand to come on board.... I had heard Kia was gonna do a car ;-)
    Nope, it's definitely Dacia.

P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

James Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    I reckon the Ciceley move to BMW is a good one, they could have gone to the expense of building a new car and go down a blind alley, or buy an off the shelf winner! the RWD cars do seem to have the edge but not a lot of C and D Segment cars are RWD these days so fair play to them.

Adam won the Ginettas if I recall so can deffo drive an RWD car, that 2nd seat will be very attractive and there's a chap who really knows that car who has sat out 2020....
    I can see that second seat alongside Adam being a very popular one... who wouldn't want a proven race winning car prepared by a proven race winning squad with a potential champion as a team mate?

I thought the last part of the PMR report today (27th) was interesting:

Were talking to some incredibly skilled drivers about the second seat for next season, and are looking for someone to work alongside us and Jason [Plato] in the long-term to get some trophies under our belts."

So no Mat Jackson for PMR, then?

P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

James Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Ogami View Post
    I thought the last part of the PMR report today (27th) was interesting:

Were talking to some incredibly skilled drivers about the second seat for next season, and are looking for someone to work alongside us and Jason [Plato] in the long-term to get some trophies under our belts."

So no Mat Jackson for PMR, then?

P
    That's how I read that, which sucks as Mat's return was something I was looking forward to.

I still cant see Jason coming back.

Im worried for how BTCC 2021 is going to be like.

These COVID restrictions are going to last well into next year. I dont expect fans to be at the first rounds. Sponsorship will be hard to get. COVID restrictions are really having more of an effect than the virus and I think it will have quite an effect on the 2021 grid.

It will be interesting come March time to see where things are.

Btc?

Is there anything up at BTC Racing?

Josh Cook tweeted that he had enjoyed (past tense) his 2 years at the team? https://twitter.com/cooksport/status...44424462020608

Bert Taylor has tweeted that he is now working with Chris Smiley and put up a profile pic of a Hyundai? https://twitter.com/btcc_bert

Any clues?

Been announced today Bert has dropped out. Cant see any driver having the budget next year to do it properly.

Jack Goff announced at Team Hard in a Cupra. Not a massive surprise...

Is there any chance of a Toyata team with two cars?
    Would like that very mutch.

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

Team Hard is selling Toyatas (thought they wouldn't exist anymore) and one CC...
    And:
    Team Parker is selling their transporter - don't think they do it because they need a bigger one!?

Btw:
    Just read the news from exlr8 on TCT.
    The only question is:
    Do they really have Mansells F1 car in their garage?! Or where was that picture taken?

Hard & Laser Tools....

So what do we all think of that then?

I'm chuffed to see a 3rd Infiniti but I'm not sure about the Driver in the 3rd car... a car that quick needs a top line driver...

Otherwise I don't see any downsides at all...