Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BTCC 2020 Rumours/Hearsay/Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim View Post
    At the end of the day, the TOCA engine is designed to be an affordable solution providing a cost effective way to get an engine in the car as opposed to developing your own, or getting someone else to develop it for you. The latter option will always cost more, but at the same time will also mean it will ultimately be better. The TOCA engine has been great in helping smaller teams to develop their own cars without, or with minimal, manufacturer support. But if you want to win, like most things in motorsport, you need to build your own.
    This is what I am getting at in general, your analogy is spot on in that the title will nearly always go to the biggest budget. I thought the NGTC regs were developed to introduce a cost cap and therefore level the playing field. Barring AJ Winning (in effectively a works car) Itís been works cars winning.

I agree, too - the TOCA engine is not first choice, if you want to be champion.
    But I think, it's not that bad, because :

-Plato had a chance of winning in the MG in 13 and 14.
    -In 15, it was very close (Plato in a VW)
    -in 17 and 18 Ingram was in reach of the title

... And they all had the TOCA engine.
    I think, own development of an engine is better and like you mentioned:
    No TOCA engined car won the championship and that somehow speaks for itself.
    But there has been opportunities and potential and maybe, with a bit more luck, there could have been a MG, VW or Toyota wining.

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

Goff signed up....

So Goff is going to be in the Hard CC in 2020!

While it's great to see him signed up I was kinda hoping he would move back up the grid. He's one of the best drivers in the series, he should really be in one of the best cars.

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    He's one of the best drivers in the series
    No he isn't. He's nowhere near.

He's a decent mid-field driver, nothing more and this was the only seat he had a chance of next season, so fair play for getting it sewn up early.

Quote Originally Posted by klaus View Post
    I agree, too - the TOCA engine is not first choice, if you want to be champion.
    But I think, it's not that bad, because :

-Plato had a chance of winning in the MG in 13 and 14.
    -In 15, it was very close (Plato in a VW)
    -in 17 and 18 Ingram was in reach of the title

... And they all had the TOCA engine.
    I think, own development of an engine is better and like you mentioned:
    No TOCA engined car won the championship and that somehow speaks for itself.
    But there has been opportunities and potential and maybe, with a bit more luck, there could have been a MG, VW or Toyota wining.
    To be fair to Plato and Ingram, they both overachieved in the cases to mention. Iím not knocking the TOCA engine at all, but I donít ever think it will be stronger than NBE or Mountune engines. Even luck will not overcome Honda or BMW.

2020 Qualifying Snetterton

Any thoughts on the trial? I think it should work well with the top ten having plenty of space to fight for pole

Hyundai

Now we can say it without ridicule, the annual Hyundai rumour finally comes true!

Now we can say it without ridicule, the annual Hyundai rumour finally comes true!
    Ah, we can go back to 2013 for that with dear old Eunos statement of ...

Goodbye Kia Rumour

Hello Hyundai one

Get the Kia one going again? Or shall I be totally outlandish and say Dacia for Powermax? If only the Jag mock-up from a couple of years ago would come true.

P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

James Hunt

Wow, excellent news and always nice to see a new car being developed. I wonder who will be driving them?
    I imagine they will be TOCA powered? Fair play to EXCELR8, thatís a big investment and I hope it goes well for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattg13 View Post
    Wow, excellent news and always nice to see a new car being developed. I wonder who will be driving them?
    I imagine they will be TOCA powered? Fair play to EXCELR8, thatís a big investment and I hope it goes well for the team.
    Could this be a project for a certain Mr M. Jackson I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_astra View Post
    Could this be a project for a certain Mr M. Jackson I wonder?
    Interesting thought, Does Mr M Jackson wish to return to the BTCC? Has he been doing any racing since?

Id like to see Mat in the second HMS Alfa tbh, but as you say, i dont even know if he has any BTCC intentions full stop.

Whoever winds up in the Hyundai however, i hope its pace matches up to its looks, as that is one stunning car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattg13 View Post
    I just hope they get some decent drivers.
    Maybe Tarquini and Farfus, after Hyundai pulls out of WTCR?
    Just kidding!

So the MGs won't be on the grid, I assume.
    ... A few years ago, there was talk of a support series with NGTC cars. Is that something that could happen? There are some cars you could use, but I guess running them would be too expensive?!

Quote Originally Posted by klaus View Post
    I just hope they get some decent drivers.
    Maybe Tarquini and Farfus, after Hyundai pulls out of WTCR?
    Just kidding!

So the MGs won't be on the grid, I assume.
    ... A few years ago, there was talk of a support series with NGTC cars. Is that something that could happen? There are some cars you could use, but I guess running them would be too expensive?!
    they are being cannibalised to build the hyundais

Of course - yes... Didn't think about that...

Just searched on racecarsdirect.com :

BMR are selling their transporter!?
    https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/De...er-with-living

And Jordan the hospitality!?
    https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/De...spitality-unit

And Moffat is selling the Mercedes with tbl - I thought, they would run two cars next year... How much tbls does he have?