Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: BTCC 2020 Rumours/Hearsay/Dreams

What would be your basis for doubting it? Apart from the middle bit which is just my thoughts and a possibility, it’s all completely true and is also the only logical reason they had to switch to another car.

They haven’t put together a deal to bring a driver like Sutton to the team within the space of a few weeks or even a few months...

Quote Originally Posted by mbwoy84 View Post
    What would be your basis for doubting it? Apart from the middle bit which is just my thoughts and a possibility, itís all completely true and is also the only logical reason they had to switch to another car.

They havenít put together a deal to bring a driver like Sutton to the team within the space of a few weeks or even a few months...
    Perhaps we could prefix posts with IMO or IMHO if it is thoughts or opinions? I also suspect the writing has been on the wall for the Subaru all season.

Quote Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
    These are two new cars, the shells are currently at Willie Poole Motorsport being built.
    Cool, I suppose the two existing shells could be updated later and kept as spares. It's just a pity that Infiniti isn't around as a brand anymore but I suppose it was inevitable. Lexii have never really sold well in the UK and Infiniti cars were never that pretty (us Europeans do like a car to be pretty don't we).

Can't wait to see them hit the track.

AMD Tuning have confirmed that none of Tordoff, Butcher or Bushell will return for Ď20 but that they have all parted on good terms.

Apart from the middle bit which is just my thoughts and a possibility, itís all completely true
    But none of it is true.

If you cannot post the truth, then (as has been helpfully suggested above) mark it as supposition. It's no use posting bollox, because there's enough knowledgeable people on here who will always call you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieboy View Post
    AMD Tuning have confirmed that none of Tordoff, Butcher or Bushell will return for Ď20 but that they have all parted on good terms.
    I saw that too,

• Tordoff I do hope to see him racing again.
    • Butcher - this was his year and he raised his game more than anyone in the field, I hope it's a move forwards wherever he ends up.
    • Bushell - would be good to see him behind the wheel again.

I'm sure the old Civic will still be quick in the right hands, would have been good to see Jack Goff back in it, crossing all my fingers and toes to see Jake Hill in one of them.

Laser Tools Racing only switched to the Infiniti because they knew Sutton would be here next season. The second half of last season with Moffat in the Infiniti was a bit of a dry run/test/head start for Moffat and the team. I would even go as far as to say that Sutton had agreed to join Laser Tools Racing as far back as Winter 2018 as it would have been known that BMR weren't returning with the Subaru in 2020. That last bit is just my thoughts on when this plan was first made out, but you can be certain Sutton was definitely part of the plan before they made the switch to Infiniti and before he tested the car himself.
    Sutton was never a part of the plan.Why do you quote when you have no knowledge.Moffat bought the Infinitis as track cars for knockhill.Half way this season Aiden Moffat decided that he was not enjoying being in the Merc anymore and decided to upgrade the infiniti.This much has been said by the Moffat's.

So BTC Racing are expanding to a 3 car team...

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieboy View Post
    Does this mean, Blundell is staying?

Too bad that the confirmation of the tbls happened - don't get me wrong:
    Great to see 30 cars confirmed

I just wanted to be a bit stupid and say that team es racing may have bought the sabarus and will be back.
    But hey - I now said it anyway

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    Sutton was never a part of the plan.Why do you quote when you have no knowledge.Moffat bought the Infinitis as track cars for knockhill.Half way this season Aiden Moffat decided that he was not enjoying being in the Merc anymore and decided to upgrade the infiniti.This much has been said by the Moffat's.
    What gets ďsaidĒ and what is the reality of the situation are very often two completely different things in professional motorsport or any sport...

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_astra View Post
    So BTC Racing are expanding to a 3 car team...
    Might not be three cars of the same manufacturer from what Iím lead to believe though... (thatís from a second hand source before anyone complains...)

What gets ďsaidĒ and what is the reality of the situation are very often two completely different things in professional motorsport or any sport...
    Why do you keep digging? You're talking bollox and you've been called out by more than one forum member. Just give it a rest, you must have some homework to do?

Beemer for Boardley

As rumoured Carl Boardley stays with HARD but driving a BMW 125i! a pretty good move methinks! Goff did a season in them so could mentor him (if he needs any).