Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: premeditated not heat of the moment

In response to the initial thread title, Matt Neal is entitled to express his opinions be it heat of the moment or premeditated. But not in the public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by k3fus View Post
    You really are sanctimonious aren’t you? Hill didn’t make the move on Neal alone, Neal slowed in front of him, but it’s convenient to ignore that as his biggest fan.

As for mentioning Kieth O’dor. He hit the barrier because he lost his place on a badly designed street track (that is too dangerous to use now) and had his own accident, Biela hit him unsighted from another car some time after he came to a halt (it was argued if Biela had not taken enough heed of the flags). If O’dor’s car was driven from the other side he’d have survived that accident.

So nothing like yesterday’s accident at all.
    AT LAST!!! I win - see report from Touring Car Times:

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...t-oulton-park/

He references the apparently ‘irrelevant’ O’dor accident and the Ian Taylor accident at Spa (which I doubt you’ll have any knowledge of) and makes similar points that I have done. You are so very wrong. This proves it.

Best wishes from sanctimonious old me.

You’re welcome.

So suitably equipped with my tin hat on I thought I'd wade into the fray! I don't believe that Hills actions were premeditated and deliberate, however,what he did could have caused a horrenedous accident, and watching the pack hurtle headlong into a dust and smoke cloud made me very uncomfortable, and I believe that a punishment was the right course of action. I do feel that had the boot been on the other foot, people would have been calling for the same if not worse punishment, and I do feel that the "it's Matt Neal so it doesn't matter" brigade are becoming a little wearisome. If Hill had done that to Sutton, Chilton et al no one would have batted an eyelid at the penalty.
    As for Matts response, yes he had fourteen laps to"calm down" but he was in the heat of a race, he had just had the living crap scared out of him when he was spun infront of the pack, and to add insult to injury he had his chance at a shot of victory wiped out by an ill judged move, so the likelyhood of him being calm once out of the car was pretty much nil!

Quote Originally Posted by NeilDown View Post
    AT LAST!!! I win - see report from Touring Car Times:

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...t-oulton-park/

He references the apparently ‘irrelevant’ O’dor accident and the Ian Taylor accident at Spa (which I doubt you’ll have any knowledge of) and makes similar points that I have done. You are so very wrong. This proves it.

Best wishes from sanctimonious old me.

You’re welcome.
    The incidents are not the same, that’s a fact. You’d defend Neal to the point of falling on your own sword which this time is exactly what you have done.

Silly old you hey, hope the pain is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by k3fus View Post
    The incidents are not the same, that’s a fact. You’d defend Neal to the point of falling on your own sword which this time is exactly what you have done.

Silly old you hey, hope the pain is worth it.
    I love the pain big boy, give me more pain while you are dishing it out. Probably wearing your Jake Hill no.1 Dann T shirt while I writer this you saddo..

At least there is something happening on the forum right now

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

Quote Originally Posted by klaus View Post

At least there is something happening on the forum right now
    This is true, but ..... is it not the sort of stuff that drives people away or makes them loathe to make a comment. Pity, really.

P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

James Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Ogami View Post
    This is true, but ..... is it not the sort of stuff that drives people away or makes them loathe to make a comment. Pity, really.

P
    It certainly doesnt help, but the far bigger problem is that forum signups are broken. Check out the 'newest member' at bottom of main page... joined March 2016. Thats how long people havent been able to join for. I keep bringing it up in the 'forum problems' section, because there is no way to contact admins as that is broken also!

Quote Originally Posted by Urinal2001 View Post
    It certainly doesnt help, but the far bigger problem is that forum signups are broken. Check out the 'newest member' at bottom of main page... joined March 2016. Thats how long people havent been able to join for. I keep bringing it up in the 'forum problems' section, because there is no way to contact admins as that is broken also!
    Sigh. .... I really think they don't care about this site anymore. Priority is with social(?) media now.

P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

James Hunt