Thread: Someone isn't happy...

Someone isn't happy...

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    Hmm. I'll agree that, at times, the driving standards were pretty poor but not the worse I've ever seen. Having said that, the punishments at Donington seemed to be a lot lighter than Brands. Different stewards?

P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

James Hunt

Very interesting read. I know Jordan is a bit of a moaner but you can't blame him sometimes. I too was embarrassed by the lack of professionalism all round at Donny, right from the worst qualifying session I've ever seen, the bullyboy driving tactics, horrendous safety car delays and terrifying avoidable crashes.

The BTCC was once my favourite racing series but in recent years it's dropped to number 3 or 4. (And before anyone whines and says "don't watch it then" it's still very much worth watching but could be so much better)

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post

Thanks for the link . Interesting.................

Jordan is a pacey driver no doubt about that but I really do feel that it is time for him to leave the BTCC and find another
    format that he is comfortable with. BTCC just isn't his bag despite winning the championship a few year's ago.

Maybe he should try a full season of the world rallycross championship? Although he's been bashed about a fair bit during his guest appearances there too if I remember rightly
    Last edited by prm666; 3rd May 2019 at 08:58 PM.

He’s right, too many paid for drives by people who’s budget far exceeds their talent being taken on by cash dependent teams with cars that are not competitive.

Gow rumbles on about full grids, but the content simply is not premier any more. Beyond the top 10-15 it’s an rich boys banger race, one that sadly affects the best from time to time.

The BTCC is only the “top national tin top” race series because there is no other.

Quote Originally Posted by k3fus View Post
    He’s right, too many paid for drives by people who’s budget far exceeds their talent being taken on by cash dependent teams with cars that are not competitive.

Gow rumbles on about full grids, but the content simply is not premier any more
    I don't get why the BTCC isn't a cash rich series. It has a monopoly on live TV coverage.
    Take supercars Australia for example (v8sc). It's in a country with less people than the UK but the production values, scale and finances involved are just epic. It rivals F1, has big money sponsors, night races, endurance races, multiple street circuits, quality drivers, and frequently changes the formula to stop things from getting stale...
    I genuinely don't understand how the BTCC has become so amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogami View Post
    Hmm. I'll agree that, at times, the driving standards were pretty poor but not the worse I've ever seen. Having said that, the punishments at Donington seemed to be a lot lighter than Brands. Different stewards?

P
    I agree:
    Not the best driving standards, but it was worse a few years ago.
    To the Jordan incident:
    Glad he is OK, but I just think, accidents like this can happen at the old hairpin when all the cars arrive there in the first lap. It has ruined his weekend and I can understand his anger.

Quote Originally Posted by k3fus View Post

Gow rumbles on about full grids, but the content simply is not premier any more. Beyond the top 10-15 it’s an rich boys banger race, one that sadly affects the best from time to time.

The BTCC is only the “top national tin top” race series because there is no other.
    Have to agree there, too: At least half of the field is filled with good racers. And the others are still way better, than I would be… Some teams are just too dependent on money from the drivers. Blundell brought hp and that is the first big international firm in years (if I remember correctly).

And when you take a look at the "works"-teams: BMW is the only one, who can afford to advertise sth. from their own company on the cars…

But:
    I still like the BTCC and I enjoy watching it

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

Quote Originally Posted by prm666 View Post
    I don't get why the BTCC isn't a cash rich series. It has a monopoly on live TV coverage.
    Take supercars Australia for example (v8sc). It's in a country with less people than the UK but the production values, scale and finances involved are just epic. It rivals F1, has big money sponsors, night races, endurance races, multiple street circuits, quality drivers, and frequently changes the formula to stop things from getting stale...
    I genuinely don't understand how the BTCC has become so amateur.
    That is a good question and I was asking this to myself…

Maybe the V8SC are watched in parts of Asia and so have more audience?

...just a thought.

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !