Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Round 1 : brands hatch indy

Quote Originally Posted by mbwoy84 View Post

Another season in and Cammish is still useless.
    He may not be up to the mark compared to the rest of the field but compared to the average driver these guys are on a different planet …… do you think you could do better
    TMK 67
    Sometimes Right Sometimes Wrong Always Certain

Quote Originally Posted by The Mustard Kid View Post
    He may not be up to the mark compared to the rest of the field but compared to the average driver these guys are on a different planet …… do you think you could do better
    I Always cringe when I see the 'do you think you could do better' argument.

If he could do better then either he hasn't been spotted yet as a talent or he hasn't got the sponsor money to compete so no, I don't think he thinks he can do better...… BUT

As a fan of the BTCC he is entitled to comment and have his own opinion, I don't see a suggestion that he thinks he could do better in that quote just that he thought Cammish is useless.

That being said, I totally agree with you there are far worse in the field and Useless is a bit of a stretch considering the amount of 'Gentelmen' drivers we'll call them there are in the field. In the case of some of them I could do better, if someone would give me a run out or sponsorship I'd happily go out there and prove it.

Anybody???????

Worth a go innit?
    Awesome Dude....

Well, I still disagree about the penalty for TC but what an honest guy he is. How many others of the old school would put their hands up and say "I was wrong"? I do hope he doesn't prove the old adage of 'nice guys finish last'.

As for Dan Cammish I don't think he's useless, more a case of a disappointment. I mean, he's won the Carrera cup twice and Formula Ford twice so he's reasonably skilled peddler so what's the issue? Is he still acclimatising? If so, he's taken a wee bit longer that I would expect of someone with his skills. If we take Ash Sutton as a benchmark (switching from FW drive to RW) then, as far as I'm concerned, something is amiss with Cammish's skillset.

P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

James Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Ogami View Post
    Well, I still disagree about the penalty for TC but what an honest guy he is. How many others of the old school would put their hands up and say "I was wrong"? I do hope he doesn't prove the old adage of 'nice guys finish last'.

As for Dan Cammish I don't think he's useless, more a case of a disappointment. I mean, he's won the Carrera cup twice and Formula Ford twice so he's reasonably skilled peddler so what's the issue? Is he still acclimatising? If so, he's taken a wee bit longer that I would expect of someone with his skills. If we take Ash Sutton as a benchmark (switching from FW drive to RW) then, as far as I'm concerned, something is amiss with Cammish's skillset.

P
    Yes. Something seems amiss with Dan Cammish . It's difficult making comparisons , Josh and Ash were team mates when driving the long in the tooth MG's and still did very well. . I think it's fair to say that they are both exceptionally talented and have the killer instinct ingrained no matter what the conditions.

Dan may need to take a bit longer to get going . A couple of podiums would build his confidence but he needs to make something happen and fairly soon.

Think Plato got a little exited with his weather helped 2nd position in qualifying.

Even with his penalty for one of the most basic rules going (poor when he is one of the most experienced on the grid) he wasn’t really anywhere on Sunday.

Meanwhile the BMR Subaru was at the front all weekend...

Very entertaining three races. Glad I was able to watch them today - thanks to the guy who put them on YouTube that fast

Good to see, that the 3series and the Corolla are up to speed.
    And I'm not a JP-fan, but I really like, that he seems to be back again (at least in qualifying).
    Like I said: Entertaining races and a good mix of drivers and cars at the front.

Have to say I thought, it would be carnage in Paddock hill because of the new guys an the rain... Glad that there wasn't. Really good discipline Happy, I have to admit that

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

Got to say I was very impressed with the general driving standards. I think quite rightly it came under the spotlight, but generally the racing seemed clean

TC has admitted his pen was fair as on-board showed he nudged Neal, that forced him wide and allowed TC up the inside. Just hope the stewards are consistent during the season now

Quote Originally Posted by klaus View Post
    Very entertaining three races. Glad I was able to watch them today - thanks to the guy who put them on YouTube that fast

Good to see, that the 3series and the Corolla are up to speed.
    And I'm not a JP-fan, but I really like, that he seems to be back again (at least in qualifying).
    Like I said: Entertaining races and a good mix of drivers and cars at the front.

Have to say I thought, it would be carnage in Paddock hill because of the new guys an the rain... Glad that there wasn't. Really good discipline Happy, I have to admit that

Quote Originally Posted by prm666 View Post
    Huge slice of luck for the brave folks on slicks as the weather could've gone either way.
    Not really. The rain, which wasn't particularly heavy in the first place, had stopped and there was no sign of any worse weather approaching, and if that changed in 15 minutes time, well it doesn't matter because the race only takes 21.

Hill and Moffat were lucky, but not for your reason. They were lucky that nobody ahead of them on the grid bar Josh Cook had learnt from what they had done in identical conditions, at the same circuit, one year earlier.

Brands Hatch is a short circuit. With 30 cars in a race it will dry quickly. If it starts raining again halfway through the race, those on wets won't come back - their tyres will already be destroyed by then. Unless it is raining heavily with five minutes until the formation lap, you start the race on slicks or you are nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogami View Post
    P

far more balanced argument...………….

did best in testing at Thruxton yesterday ……… agree that is not racing but he wasn't useless
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TMK 67
    Sometimes Right Sometimes Wrong Always Certain

Quote Originally Posted by The Mustard Kid View Post
    far more balanced argument...………….

did best in testing at Thruxton yesterday ……… agree that is not racing but he wasn't useless
    It's an interesting one isn't it, he's obviously extremely talented. He absolutely dominated the Carrera cup at formula ford but it's taking him way longer than I thought he'd need to get to grips with NGTC cars and touring car elbows out racing.