Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Btcc or Tcr UK

Btcc or Tcr UK

Just wondering, why Tcr UK when there’s Btcc? Just want your opinions, will Btcc survive this Tcr-series?

TCR is no threat to BTCC. I can see it acting as a feeder series to BTCC, or taking away the brighest talent into Europe. Either way, plenty of room for both series to flourish.

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_astra View Post
    TCR is no threat to BTCC. I can see it acting as a feeder series to BTCC, or taking away the brighest talent into Europe. Either way, plenty of room for both series to flourish.
    6 months ago i'd have agreed with that statement whole-heartedly.

Now though, i'd be inclined to suggest TCR might be a little bit more of a threat than we might have first thought.

I dunno why, but this is the first BTCC season I can remember in a long long time I've found myself a little bit 'meh' about. Maybe that's just the loss of Shedden, and i'm sure come race 1 i'll still be chomping at the bit raring to go - but I just don't have the same buzz this year as I normally do.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    6 months ago i'd have agreed with that statement whole-heartedly.

Now though, i'd be inclined to suggest TCR might be a little bit more of a threat than we might have first thought.
    Really?
    They only have seven full season entries so far.

I think if it does really take off, the BTCC will just do what the WTCC did and adopt their regulations. At the moment though we're quite a long way from that as there aren't many entries.

Supporting Matt Neal over the years!

tcr uk is a glorified club series, no threat atm as they have little tv coverage, media exposure etc. plus alan gow will make sure it is no threat
    Knockhill marshal and proud
    opinions expressed are my own and not those of any organisations i am connected with

Not Yet....

TCR Uk is not a threat to the BTCC....

WTCR on the other hand is a big threat, I think if WTCR takes hold then it will start to trickle down and any "unique national series" will start to fade away as they will start to seem expensive. STCC is already a TCR based series, DTM, BTCC and V8SC will be the last casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    TCR Uk is not a threat to the BTCC....

WTCR on the other hand is a big threat, I think if WTCR takes hold then it will start to trickle down and any "unique national series" will start to fade away as they will start to seem expensive. STCC is already a TCR based series, DTM, BTCC and V8SC will be the last casualties.
    I don't think V8SC will every adopt those regulations V8 supercars are the best racing on the planet.
    I don't particularly like the TCR cars, the whole point of Touring cars are that they are meant to look like the road going version, TCR doesn't really do it for me, I'm very supprised so many countries are taking up the regulations, why aren't they taking up NGTC?

Thanks for your answers so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Reidy_fan View Post
    tcr uk is a glorified club series, no threat atm as they have little tv coverage, media exposure etc. plus alan gow will make sure it is no threat
    Gow

Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    I don't think V8SC will every adopt those regulations V8 supercars are the best racing on the planet.
    I don't particularly like the TCR cars, the whole point of Touring cars are that they are meant to look like the road going version, TCR doesn't really do it for me, I'm very supprised so many countries are taking up the regulations, why aren't they taking up NGTC?
    TCR cars cost half the amount to build.

Aiden moffat has just been confirmed for the tcr season in a laser tools alfa

Well at least that's one runner I'll recognise.

Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    V8SC may change regulations to allow other engine configurations in but i agree it would never adopt a worldwide regulation. I also agree that it provides the best racing on the planet!

Does this mean Aiden Moffat is doing both series? Or just TCR?