Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019, Rumours, Hearsay, Announcements, Wishlists.......

So turkington doesnt get sacked by WSR. Totally wrong

Every time they havent had the funding to run him. Turkington doesnt bring a budget like collard and jordan and like past WSR drivers. Hence why his return to WSR was sealed when they became a works BMW team with X protect backing. WSRs first choice was to have him in the car.

As for BMR i think they have financial issues. And if plato leaves they will have no money at all.

Rumour is that WSR may be switching to the new 3 series if BMW maintain there backing. Which is up in the air

Quote Originally Posted by Swedishshuffle View Post

Every time they havent had the funding to run him. Turkington doesnt bring a budget like collard and jordan and like past WSR drivers. Hence why his return to WSR was sealed when they became a works BMW team with X protect backing. WSRs first choice was to have him in the car.

As for BMR i think they have financial issues. And if plato leaves they will have no money at all.

Rumour is that WSR may be switching to the new 3 series if BMW maintain there backing. Which is up in the air

At last - a factual post
    JP Fan

My wishlist...
    1. Eurotech becomes the Jordan's family team again, would love to see Andrew fighting for the championship again. He's got the talent, just needs the stability and to feel like no.1 in the team.
    2. we have a few worldwide stars return to the series, none so far have faired that well in this difficult to get to grips with ngtc era.
    3. Going forward in to 2020 the calendar and race formats are completely shook up, if you'd like an example of how this can be done successfully see supercars Australia (v8sc)
    4. Turkington gets chance to defend his title in a wsr BMW, surely that's not too much to ask?
    5. Plato either retires or gets back in a decent fwd car, he's been an empty seat for too long.
    6. Speedworks and Tom ingram have the inclination and budget to try to go one better, there would be no more deserving a champ in btcc history.

Read this morning that Turkington seems set to go WTCR with a firm offer on the table for him. Andy Priaulx is also set to join him in World Touring Cars with the rumour mill stating his contract is already signed. So with uncertainty at BMR and a plum rear wheel drive BMW going spare (as long as BMW continue with their backing of WSR) will Ash Sutton swap Japanese for German?

Did anybody catch the.DTM this weekend on telly
    Ricky Collard was on the commentary and did a brilliant job

You can't blame Turks for looking at WTCR. I mean if the line up reported so far turns out to be true that's quite a grid I counted (probably wrong 9 champions on the grid??) and if he goes's it's a loss to the BTCC. That being said there is a lot of fresh blood coming to the BTCC which is really interesting to watch. Tingram still has unfinished business, you have an open seat at WSR if Turks goes presumably that would be taken by Ricky to join his dad. I have mixed feelings about that but Ricky has defiantly shown his worth during his rounds. Goff is looking for a drive, Jordan is rumored to be moving.. as is Plato, it goes on.. looootsss of announcements yet i'm sure for the up coming season!

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...ashley-sutton/

Oh Dear, rumours of Turkington leaving the series, Sutton having another go at TCR as well... Let's hope this isn't the start of a talent exodus from the BTCC.

Now this is total speculation.... but....

Could WSR look to do a new 3 series for WTCR? with Colin and perhaps a young british driver who is reasonably good in an RWD car?

not sure rwd is permitted in tcr.

however there is a 2 series/1series saloon in the chinese market that is FWD...........would e=be a direct competitor to the a3 saloon by audi sport

not sure rwd is permitted in tcr.

however there is a 2 series/1series saloon in the chinese market that is FWD...........would e=be a direct competitor to the a3 saloon by audi sport
    You're right, just checked the TCR Tech Regs, you'd think they'd revise it to get a manufacturer like BMW interested though? apparently the next gen 1&2 series cars are going to be FWD in the european market.

Has anybody been following the WTCR this year?
    What's the racing been like?

Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    Has anybody been following the WTCR this year?
    What's the racing been like?
    The racing has been good, I've watched a few rounds and it's not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    The racing has been good, I've watched a few rounds and it's not bad at all.
    What channel is the racing on? Is it available on Sky or do you have to watch online?

Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    What channel is the racing on? Is it available on Sky or do you have to watch online?
    Eurosport- it carried over the TV deal that WTCC had.

Cool

Ok so after this morning's news who else is expecting Jake Hill in an Audi, two AMD Honda's and fewer cars at Team Hard?