Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019, Rumours, Hearsay, Announcements, Wishlists.......

2019, Rumours, Hearsay, Announcements, Wishlists.......

I was waiting for the someone else to start it but they didn't so here goes, here is the thread for all those things your second cousins, half brothers dog has said so they must be true....

Fire away folks!

as mat jacksons family have a ford dealership, a new team with a ford of some sort (mondeo or mk4focus) together with a bit of ford backing.

Can I be the first to mention Kia?

P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

James Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Ogami View Post

P
    Er, yes that honour is yours

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    Er, yes that honour is yours
    Jolly good. Then I shall. Kia.

On a more serious note, what odds on Rob Collard retiring and Ricky taking his seat for next season (I know Rob hasn't made a decision yet but I think it might be sensible to stop now).

P

James Hunt

Jolly good. Then I shall. Kia.

On a more serious note, what odds on Rob Collard retiring and Ricky taking his seat for next season (I know Rob hasn't made a decision yet but I think it might be sensible to stop now).

P
    WSR always get rid of Colin Turkington after he wins, if that happens we might see both Collards at WSR!

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    WSR always get rid of Colin Turkington after he wins, if that happens we might see both Collards at WSR!
    Which would be nice. Would they take the Jordans style and have 'Old Git' and 'Young Man' instead of their names on the window?

P

James Hunt

P
    On a similar note, can I be the first to say Volvo?

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_astra View Post
    On a similar note, can I be the first to say Volvo?
    Oh, if you have to .....

No-one's sneaked Dacia in yet, have they?

P

James Hunt

Oh, if you have to .....

No-one's sneaked Dacia in yet, have they?

P
    No, they haven't.

I heard from a mates uncles monkey that Renault are looking to join in 2019 with a trio of Meganes, driven by Matt Neal, Jason Plato and Rob Collard... Fireworks Racing will be the team name.

I heard they havent had scheduled enough visits to Thruxton next year, so will have Media Day there too!

Quote Originally Posted by Urinal2001 View Post
    I heard they havent had scheduled enough visits to Thruxton next year, so will have Media Day there too!
    Good idea, how about round 5 at brands?.. then we can have the start, middle AND end of the championship there?!

I hope Rob Collard returns. Something was massively lacking without him and that counts for the whole season to be honest, as he clearly wasn't his usual self this season. Ricky Collard could perhaps be in a third BMW instead of Jordan as it may be time for him to move on.

I also hope Plato gets a competitive drive that suits him. Still a top, top driver and something badly missing when he's not popping up in front of the cameras at least once a meeting!

And of course, hope Turkington actually gets to defend his title in a WSR BMW and Sutton gets a good RWD drive.

Would also like to see Rory Butcher get a better drive. I think he's quite steady and will continue to improve, so hope he gets a shot at a race win.
    Last edited by mbwoy84; 9th Oct 2018 at 05:12 PM.

How secure are BMR? The contract with Subaru was for three years which is now up. Let's not forget that the Rye House Rockets Speedway team went bust a couple of months ago, Warren Scott being co-promoter and owner there. I hear whispers of financial trouble at BMR too. If they don't return where will Ash Sutton go? He'll hardly be lacking in offers. The best driver in the Championship now IMO, his racecraft is just mega.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieboy View Post
    How secure are BMR? The contract with Subaru was for three years which is now up. Let's not forget that the Rye House Rockets Speedway team went bust a couple of months ago, Warren Scott being co-promoter and owner there. I hear whispers of financial trouble at BMR too. If they don't return where will Ash Sutton go? He'll hardly be lacking in offers. The best driver in the Championship now IMO, his racecraft is just mega.
    That for me is the biggest question, where Ash Sutton parks his behind in 2019. The guy is mega and I wouldn't be surprised to see him move onto something bigger and better (he's already had a test in a V8 Supercar).

If i was Subaru I'd leave, they're clearly not welcome here and I wouldn't blame them for bailing out.

I do think that BMR peaked too soon and if they didn't return I wouldn't be at all surprised.

As I said before Turkington usually gets sacked by WSR after winning the title and Ash would be an absolute no-brainer for a replacement if that were to happen.