Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: 2019, Rumours, Hearsay, Announcements, Wishlists.......

Whilst this IS 2020 news, it didnt seem worth creating a new thread just yet.

Handy Motorsport released this photo recently, and confirmed that the intention is to run two cars next year. Also confirmed that this ISNT their display car, is the real deal. No word on who the second driver would be, paired with Rob Austin. Simon Belcher seems the obvious choice, but with how well he is doing in his jet-ski championship, it wouldnt suprise me at all if he wanted to carry on doing that. Bring on the speculation!

LINK TO PICTURE HERE

Edit: Apologies, but embedding a picture on this forum seems to involve some kind of black magic, and i cant get it to work. Ill gladly update it if someone know how to make it work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Urinal2001; 12th Jun 2019 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urinal2001 View Post
    Whilst this IS 2020 news, it didnt seem worth creating a new thread just yet.

Handy Motorsport released this photo recently, and confirmed that the intention is to run two cars next year. Also confirmed that this ISNT their display car, is the real deal. No word on who the second driver would be, paired with Rob Austin. Simon Belcher seems the obvious choice, but with how well he is doing in his jet-ski championship, it wouldnt suprise me at all if he wanted to carry on doing that. Bring on the speculation!

LINK TO PICTURE HERE

Edit: Apologies, but embedding a picture on this forum seems to involve some kind of black magic, and i cant get it to work. Ill gladly update it if someone know how to make it work.
    Ha ha!! More spin and bulls**t from the Austin fraternity!! No doubt he will be saying stuff like ‘we have a great baseline’ or ‘it’s the best BTCC car I’ve ever driven’ or ‘I feel we are in the hunt for podiums’ wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a photo shop job. Why would they carry on flogging that pile of rubbish any way?? A car that’s been in production since 2010 and sells around 5 a year in the UK.. they are a total joke. I’m happier for Austin not being on the grid with his ‘faux 1970’s’ image. If only he were really like Hunt or Sheene maybe we would actually care!

Quote Originally Posted by NeilDown View Post
    Ha ha!! More spin and bulls**t from the Austin fraternity!! No doubt he will be saying stuff like ‘we have a great baseline’ or ‘it’s the best BTCC car I’ve ever driven’ or ‘I feel we are in the hunt for podiums’ wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a photo shop job. Why would they carry on flogging that pile of rubbish any way?? A car that’s been in production since 2010 and sells around 5 a year in the UK.. they are a total joke. I’m happier for Austin not being on the grid with his ‘faux 1970’s’ image. If only he were really like Hunt or Sheene maybe we would actually care!
    He’s a race winner, unlike many on this years grid.

Jesus, Neil, you're a negative bloke today aren't you.

We'll see how it all winds up in the end. Ive no reason to doubt the two cars for 2020, there is literally a photo of them afterall, but yes there are a multitude of things that could stop the plans between then and now.

You can mock Austin as much as you like for talking up his chances more than is maybe realistic, its no skin off my nose, but its something that almost every driver on the grid does. I have no idea who you support, if anyone, but Im sure they do it too. Being a cheerleader for their team and sponsors is literally half of a drivers job.

Austin has achieved more than his results show....

He's a long way from being the best driver in the series but there are loads worse in this years grid.

We have Rob to thank for RWD Cars in the NGTC Era. It was all supposed to be FWD, when he wanted to build and race an Audi A4 I believe it was him who lobbied TOCA to get to run the A4 in an RWD Configuration. Whilst this car wasn't a huge success the BMW 1 Series, the Current 330i and the Levorg have all provided great entertainment (and controversy).

Running a Team and Driving must be tough but he did it! and managed to do both to a reasonable level, I'm not sure many drivers could do that!

I'd be happy to see him back in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    He's a long way from being the best driver in the series but there are loads worse in this years grid.

We have Rob to thank for RWD Cars in the NGTC Era. It was all supposed to be FWD, when he wanted to build and race an Audi A4 I believe it was him who lobbied TOCA to get to run the A4 in an RWD Configuration. Whilst this car wasn't a huge success the BMW 1 Series, the Current 330i and the Levorg have all provided great entertainment (and controversy).

Running a Team and Driving must be tough but he did it! and managed to do both to a reasonable level, I'm not sure many drivers could do that!

I'd be happy to see him back in 2020.
    Nah, no way. I’m very happy to see the back of him. Too much noise from him and little action to show for his row.
    Same can be said for Tordoff. Isn’t he doing a ‘wonderful’ job this year. I really am laughing out loud at his stunning effort this year, the year he said he’d be challenging for the championship. We saw his true colours last year and even more so this year. Overrated driver ehh is occasionally quick but only there through a total reliance on the Family chequebook. At least Chilton has a friendly smiling manner and talent to go with the Family money. Tordoff is miserable, aloof and has far too high an opinion of his ability. It’s great to see Butcher wiping the floor with him, really great. I hope after this year the JCT600 family tell him to quit it and they stop wasting their own money.