Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More Shenanigens to keep Turkington at the top

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Its absolutely bonkers that the same people who are planting the 'the championship is rigged to go to the last race every year' conspiracy theories, are the same people who seem to be spouting the 'its clear that Gow / BTCC / TOCA / FIA / NASA / God himself are anti-Sutton/ingram and pro turkington'.

You cant have it both ways guys - if the championship is so rigged to go down to the last race each year, why was it that Gow sent out his anti-Suttgram oversized ride height rollers to foil that very plan?

Make your minds up which conspiracy it's going to be this year please, cos right now, your arguments are all over the place.
    Also, ticket revenue goes to the circuits not to Gow or TOCA, so he doesn't have any financial interest in whether the title race is already over.

Quote Originally Posted by wvm View Post
    Also, ticket revenue goes to the circuits not to Gow or TOCA, so he doesn't have any financial interest in whether the title race is already over.
    Are you for real?!? The CEO of toca doesn't care whether the championship is exciting and goes to the wire? Alan gow himself has admitted to using artificial means to keep the racing "entertaining", he stated no one wanted to see the same two teams fighting for wins (like f1) so toca makes sure that doesn't happen.
    There haven't been 14 different winners this year because the NGTC regs are completely even, it's because toca meddle in the balance of performance CONSTANTLY to artificially create drama.. this isn't a conspiracy theory.. It's an admitted fact!

Smile

Because the team has to have the opportunity to appeal, and they aren't going to hold up the podium ceremony until all of that process is complete.

The team probably isn't to blame. There will be several reasons these cars failed the ride height checks:

1. The race was cut short, so the cars were carrying more fuel than they would have been expecting at the end of the race.

2. Because of the red flag, drivers were shown straight into the pit lane. There was no slow down lap for them to pick up gravel or other debris on their tyres.

If other cars had been checked, I'd expect more to have failed, as this won't have been exclusive to these two cars.

I imagine so. There really is no agenda within TOCA, the BTCC is one of the best-regulated championships in the world, and your conspiracy theories are getting pretty tiresome.
    I know that the British people generally crave disappointment , but when considering the above, the penalty was brutal.

Still feel we could have a surprise . Much easier chasing in sport than trying to protect a lead . Post interviews with Ash and Tom not only showed them in good light but
    very positive. Silverstone not the greatest track for miracles but qualifying will be key as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Ah the conspiracy theorists out in force again I see.

Getting a bit tiresome now.

The failing of the ride height check was there for all to see live on television.

What are folk actually suggesting here? That they somehow managed to swap out the 'normal' sized roller for a bigger 'anti-sutton' sized one so that it wouldnt fit under his car?!

Come on now people. His car failed ride height. Simple as that.
    Well said! There are so many ridiculous things said on this forum!! If itís such a conspiracy towards WSR/TD then how come Sutton took the title last year then?? He of BMR Subaru!!! Utter nonsense. Fact is WSR and Turkington especially know how to put in consistent if not always exciting drives. I concur that if it were not for bad luck then Tom Ingram would be deservedly way out infryont this year. He is now the best driver in the series. In a works Car, he would be frightening at times..heís a very loyal guy to Speedworks but imagine him in the Scooby or Honda once itís fully sorted.. Mat Jackson will also be back next year in a top drive and super quick too!

Quote Originally Posted by prm666 View Post
    Are you for real?!? The CEO of toca doesn't care whether the championship is exciting and goes to the wire? Alan gow himself has admitted to using artificial means to keep the racing "entertaining", he stated no one wanted to see the same two teams fighting for wins (like f1) so toca makes sure that doesn't happen.
    There haven't been 14 different winners this year because the NGTC regs are completely even, it's because toca meddle in the balance of performance CONSTANTLY to artificially create drama.. this isn't a conspiracy theory.. It's an admitted fact!
    I didn't say he didn't care, I said he had no financial interest in the championship going to the wire.
    MSV will pay the same sanctioning fee regardless of whether the title is already decided before the final round.

I didn't say he didn't care, I said he had no financial interest in the championship going to the wire.
    MSV will pay the same sanctioning fee regardless of whether the title is already decided before the final round.
    And you think caring and financial interest are not inextricably linked for the CEO of a company?
    Of course there is a financial interest in the championship being hyped up as a "to the wire" thing... the more excitement, the more it's talked about, the wider influence, the greater value of advertising.

Someone has pointed out to me your ridiculous assertions, so I thought I should clarify some things.

Sorry to dispel the "facts" that you state, but we haven't made any changes whatsoever to any car or performed any 'performance balancing' since before the season started (save for the miniscule correction to the Subaru engine prior to Croft). We haven't altered (or 'meddled', to use your term) one thing on any car all year.

If you can show me where it's an "admitted fact" that we have constantly meddled in the balance of performance throughout this year, then I would really enjoy reading that piece of pure fiction. Or, to be fair, perhaps you are just confusing the normal success ballast with 'performance balancing'?

So let me make it clear one more time; all the teams are running their cars to the exact same regulations and specifications as they have done all year. No cars have had any changes to their power, weight, aero.... or anything else for that matter that would affect their performance.

And I can assure you that, at this high level, if a team (particularly one that is fighting for the championship title) thought that we had 'meddled' with one of their competitors and had secretly given them some extra performance then they - quite rightly - would lodge an official protest against that competitor so quickly that it would make your eyes bleed.

Maybe the veil of the conspiracy theory makes it difficult for you to comprehend that the NGTC regulations we have in the BTCC are fantastic and working perfectly - which is why we have the incredible closeness of the grid and the 14 winners so far.

I'm sure there must be better conspiracy theories that you can get behind. Perhaps they didn't actually land on the moon....?
    But thank you for your interest in the BTCC and have a nice day.

I didn't support any conspiracy theory. My point was that there IS no conspiracy and that it was no secret TOCA and yourself tinker with the racing to create a closer racing series, a fact I have heard you talk about in an ITV interview.
    Yes Mr.Gow i'm talking about the the soft tyre option, success ballast, different boost levels for different cars, rwd 1st gear altering and race 3 reverse grids as ADMITTED reasoning to artificially create more excitement than simply letting the best car with the best driver win (hamilton/vettel for instance)
    The fact you chose to pick up on my post rather than the theorists who claim that the ride height penalties last weekend were a stitch up or the other posters claiming there is now a WSR bias is a bit baffling but maybe it was because I mentioned something you had said in an interview previously.
    Is my statement incorrect? does toca NOT artificially create excitement above and beyond the sort of performance balancing seen in other successful series?
    Last edited by prm666; 31st Aug 2018 at 07:01 PM.

Is my statement incorrect? does toca NOT artificially create excitement above and beyond the sort of performance balancing seen in other successful series?

There isnít a major motorsport series in the world that doesnít utilise various ways of providing closer racing and/or making the cars more competitive or equal with each other. By comparison ours is far more simplistic than the much more elaborate and expansive technical exercises, used by many others championships, to create that same effect.

My point was that you inferred we constantly meddle with the technical Ďbalance of performanceí throughout the season to keep the cars close. We simply donít. The regulations and specifications are set each year and the cars donít deviate from those.

Thank you for watching the BTCC and I trust you continue to enjoy it for many years to come.

Thank you for your swift reply, and for answering my question reasonably. I hope I have clarified my "balance of performance" comment more accurately to avoid any confusion.
    Last edited by prm666; 31st Aug 2018 at 08:01 PM.

I doubt you find the head of F1 taking the time to address posts on an F1 Forum.

Massive respect to you Alan for taking the time to do so not to mention the work that you and your team do to keep the BTCC a ****** exciting race series to watch.