Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Btcc or Tcr UK

Quote Originally Posted by Fastexocet View Post
    Certainly no threat to the BTCC at the moment.
    TCR isn't a threat to the BTCC, it doesn't want to be a threat to the BTCC, and isn't trying to be a threat to the BTCC.

Why is it people don't seem to be able to grasp that concept

Quote Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
    TCR isn't a threat to the BTCC, it doesn't want to be a threat to the BTCC, and isn't trying to be a threat to the BTCC.

Why is it people don't seem to be able to grasp that concept
    I don't understand? The WTCC got merged with the TCR series because entrants dropped out of the WTCC and because of lower costs, surely if it was a threat to that series it can be a threat to the BTCC?

Don't confuse TCR as a set of technical regulations with TCR UK as a series. There are many series around the world that use TCR regulations, but they aren't all the same.

WTCC merged with TCR International when the TC1 regulations proved to be an expensive blind alley. TCR International was already trying to be a high profile international series so although it's a step down for WTCC it's not a big step.

TCR UK is a different matter. It's not trying to be the country's premier touring car series. It's simple a lower-level club series which happens to use TCR regulation. Britcar has big grids and includes some TCR-spec cars, but is no threat to the BTCC, and more than Clio Cup or VW Cup is a thread. All aimed at a different driver market to BTCC.

I've caught up on this series today and have to say it's not that bad! grids aren't massive and at the start of the season some of the driving was a little sloppy but as the seasons progressed it's improved. With it being the first year it was never going to be 100% plain sailing but it could have been a lot worse. I hope it sticks around.