Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Driver number

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    278

    Driver number

    Hello boys, girls and Magikarp...

    If you were to race in the BTCC or run a team, what driver number or numbers would you choose?

    If it were available, I'd go for 48 otherwise 27 and 87, for simple reasons...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    268
    Number 11.

    No real reason other than its always been my number. No idea why

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    290
    Id run 23 as always been significant number for me 😊

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Arborfield, Berks.
    Posts
    160
    76. No reason other than it has always seemed very well balanced to me, very aesthetically pleasing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    56
    14. I like the number & also my birthday

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96
    Is the number 0 allowed?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Isle of Lewis
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
    Is the number 0 allowed?
    I was going to say 'don't be silly' but then I thought ... hmm. I then remembered Damon Hill in 93(?) racing for Williams with 0. So I suppose the answer is yes. Or is it because of a specific situation? I dunno but it has been used.

    P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

    James Hunt


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogami View Post
    Or is it because of a specific situation? I dunno but it has been used.
    2002 Matt Neal
    2003 Dan Eaves

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogami View Post
    I was going to say 'don't be silly' but then I thought ... hmm. I then remembered Damon Hill in 93(?) racing for Williams with 0. So I suppose the answer is yes. Or is it because of a specific situation? I dunno but it has been used.

    P
    Wasn't the number 0 used at that time as the world champion from the previous season didn't return to defend his title, so Williams (as the team that driver had been with) fielded cars 0 and 2 instead?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Isle of Lewis
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
    2002 Matt Neal
    2003 Dan Eaves
    I forgot those. I've also forgotten why. I hate this old age business ......

    P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

    James Hunt


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Isle of Lewis
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Wasn't the number 0 used at that time as the world champion from the previous season didn't return to defend his title, so Williams (as the team that driver had been with) fielded cars 0 and 2 instead?
    Ah, yes, them were the rules then in F1 ......

    P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

    James Hunt


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Wasn't the number 0 used at that time as the world champion from the previous season didn't return to defend his title, so Williams (as the team that driver had been with) fielded cars 0 and 2 instead?
    As far as I remember, the BTCC normally reserve 1-10 for those that finished in the top 10 the previous year, then it's open for everyone else, so I guess 0 could just have been chosen by anyone if they wanted it?

    For the record, I'd either run 33 (always been 'my number') or 21 (no real reason why...)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    497
    66 for obvious reasons
    96 the year Damon Hill one of my heros won his world title
    Good Old Sussex By The Sea

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    964
    3 - it was my number in football and it stuck around as my "lucky" number from there.
    David Leslie, Silverstone 1997: "This is David, Bintcliffe's done it again and the car's f***ed..."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_astra View Post
    Hello boys, girls and Magikarp...

    If you were to race in the BTCC or run a team, what driver number or numbers would you choose?

    If it were available, I'd go for 48 otherwise 27 and 87, for simple reasons...
    Are u kidding us with this question, are you bored or just simple? I'm amazed. And as for a number being aesthetically pleasing. Jesus. Between seasons think of something to do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •