Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2018, Rumours, Announcements, Grid etc.

Matt Neal all but confirms the new FK8 shape civic will be in the btcc next year in an interview with modern classic magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Swedishshuffle View Post
    Matt Neal all but confirms the new FK8 shape civic will be in the btcc next year in an interview with modern classic magazine
    Let's hope it looks good as a race car....

Ollie Jackson and Sam Smelt confirmed at AMD.

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...i-btcc-attack/

Edit: And in relation to posts previous to mine, a close read of the linked article shows a careful use of language that doesnt *necessarily* confirm this is the whole lineup, or that they are only running Audis.
    Last edited by Urinal2001; 8th Jan 2018 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urinal2001 View Post
    Ollie Jackson and Sam Smelt confirmed at AMD.

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...i-btcc-attack/

Edit: And in relation to posts previous to mine, a close read of the linked article shows a careful use of language that doesnt *necessarily* confirm this is the whole lineup, or that they are only running Audis.
    If they are indeed running MGs, there must be something in it for them - either that, or the MGs are being run under the AMD banner. I can't imagine one team wanting to run 2 different makes of car, especially an ageing model, without some incentive.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

I agree with ATF. You would be looking for cars and engineers to be at lowest cost. However lets presume that the MGs came with a contract of having a small budget from MG. Surely 888 could then loan the TBL, chassis and engineers to a team like AMD. They fulfill the contract and no-one is breaking a deal. Success is more about who is driving and who is engineering those cars.

So Smiley to BTC Norlin and Goff back with Eurotech... no major surprises?

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_astra View Post
    So Smiley to BTC Norlin and Goff back with Eurotech... no major surprises?
    now let's get Tingram in there

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    now let's get Tingram in there
    Tingram will be staying out at Speedworks, as will Turks & Collard at WSR! Sutton wonít be going anywhere from BMR either & things are starting to take shape there too

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    Tingram will be staying out at Speedworks, as will Turks & Collard at WSR! Sutton wonít be going anywhere from BMR either & things are starting to take shape there too
    Speedworks and Tingram seem to work well together and they have made the Avensis pretty quick, there was a tweet (I think by Toyota UK) at the end of last year saying that the Avensis may not be back though. If that turns out to be true which car would they run? and would it be any good?

I was kinda hoping that Speedworks would procure the 2x Type R's that Norlin got but it was not to be. There are however, unoccupied Type R's at Norlin and Eurotech which I'm sure Tingram would do well in if Speedworks don't have a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    Speedworks and Tingram seem to work well together and they have made the Avensis pretty quick, there was a tweet (I think by Toyota UK) at the end of last year saying that the Avensis may not be back though. If that turns out to be true which car would they run? and would it be any good?

I was kinda hoping that Speedworks would procure the 2x Type R's that Norlin got but it was not to be. There are however, unoccupied Type R's at Norlin and Eurotech which I'm sure Tingram would do well in if Speedworks don't have a plan.
    Speedworks were considering their options car wise! Note that Norlin havenít got all the Civicís from Dynamicís and BMR might not be back with all 4 Subaruís, so there are quick alternative cars out there! All will be revealed shortly.

Speedworks were considering their options car wise! Note that Norlin havenít got all the Civicís from Dynamicís and BMR might not be back with all 4 Subaruís, so there are quick alternative cars out there! All will be revealed shortly.
    I remember when Simon Belcher entered the series it was with support from Speedworks, I was kind of hoping that they might get their heads together again and knock up 2 Alfa's so Tingram can have one too.

I have seen a couple of FB posts from Simon showing pics of progress on the Alfa that refer to it as 'the first car', but I'm trying not to read too much into that.

Note that Norlin havenít got all the Civicís from Dynamicís
    Where did they come from then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Biggs View Post
    Where did they come from then?
    http://www.touringcarregister.com/model/06/

7x NGTC Civics have been built in total
    There are currently 3 @ Eurotech and 2 @ Norlin
    1x has been scrapped (Jeff Smiths was scrapped after Oulton '17)

So 1x remains - sold to Matt Simpson but crashed in Practice pre-season - he then part ex'd it for the Dynamics Spare - Dynamics have since straightened it out and kept it as a spare shell.

Assuming that Norlin got the 2017 race cars piloted by Matt and Gordon then the one above must remain back at TDM unless someone else has procured it?

Sutton confirmed

back in the Scooby, no surprises there.