Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018, Rumours, Announcements, Grid etc.

Sutton has no deal for 2018 (yet)

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...-btcc-success/

Quoted below...

While the relief and the emotions of that final-day encounter at Brands Hatch will live long in the memory, there are immediate tasks facing Sutton that have taken more priority in his life than reflection. He has yet to nail down his deal to return to the category in 2018 and that is uppermost in his mind.

“Winning the title is a platform, a stage, but it is not the end of the journey – if anything it is just the beginning,” says the Bishop’s Stortford man. “As much as you want to enjoy it, you have to look forwards. I hope I can have something tied up around the time of the Autosport International Show in early January. I really don’t want it to drag on any longer than that and we are working hard.”

So BTC Norlin won the deal to purchase the Civic’s off Dynamic’s, good move 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    So BTC Norlin won the deal to purchase the Civic’s off Dynamic’s, good move 😊
    says they will be toca powered, so dynamics keeping the v.techs for new type r builds??

Quote Originally Posted by dianeplumb View Post
    says they will be toca powered, so dynamics keeping the v.techs for new type r builds??
    Looks like it! The Chevy’s not being sold on for racing in the UK either, so that’s another set of NGTC machines ‘retired’.

Looks like it! The Chevy’s not being sold on for racing in the UK either, so that’s another set of NGTC machines ‘retired’.
    It would have been ineligible soon anyway, it becomes ineligible 5 years after it is withdrawn from sale in the UK, we haven't been able to buy one for a couple of years.

Honda seems to be the car in demand at the moment, regardless of what's under the bonnet.

werent those chevys mongrel cars, one stockton built, the other ex andy neate and aiden moffat. both were originally gprm parts fitted but they did get RML bits. Had a few big hits too. Keep the engines and running gear and use them on the civics, at least the civic shells will be straight
    Knockhill marshal and proud
    opinions expressed are my own and not those of any organisations i am connected with

Michael Caine completes the Team Hard 2018 Driver Line up.

Excuse my ignorance but what are Dynamics running in 2018 if Norlin have bought their existing shells? New TYPE-R?

Quote Originally Posted by kelle250 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but what are Dynamics running in 2018 if Norlin have bought their existing shells? New TYPE-R?
    Looks that way, no announcement as yet but it probably won't be long. I hope the BTCC version is a looker because the road car is hideous

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...-btcc-success/

Quoted below...

While the relief and the emotions of that final-day encounter at Brands Hatch will live long in the memory, there are immediate tasks facing Sutton that have taken more priority in his life than reflection. He has yet to nail down his deal to return to the category in 2018 and that is uppermost in his mind.

“Winning the title is a platform, a stage, but it is not the end of the journey – if anything it is just the beginning,” says the Bishop’s Stortford man. “As much as you want to enjoy it, you have to look forwards. I hope I can have something tied up around the time of the Autosport International Show in early January. I really don’t want it to drag on any longer than that and we are working hard.”
    Which kind of flies in the face of Subaru already stating he'll be back next year to defend his title...

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/20...tcc-title.html

Basically the very last paragraph of this link
    @psq43 , rather obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
    Which kind of flies in the face of Subaru already stating he'll be back next year to defend his title...

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/20...tcc-title.html

Basically the very last paragraph of this link
    I sincerely hope that the first story is the right one. I want to see him back in the Scooby

Looks like the MG’s have found a new home at AmD, to be run alongside the Audi’s!

Looks like the MG’s have found a new home at AmD, to be run alongside the Audi’s!
    Got a Source?

Check out Shaun Hollamby’s tweets, there have been a number of other indicators elsewhere. Looks like Lee Mowle former 888 director and owner of the cars, has placed them with AmD.