Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018, Rumours, Announcements, Grid etc.

Any thoughts on Shaun Hollamby's tweet about having met with Aiden Moffat?
    Sick of censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by cxx666 View Post
    Any thoughts on Shaun Hollamby's tweet about having met with Aiden Moffat?

He's trying for some reflected glory from Aiden. The meeting was not BTCC related.

Does matt simpson leaving the dynamics stable leave a free space for someone like Rob huff or Chilton, fairly certain TD will build new civics from what i have head. However they would need to find a TBL

Good Call

Quote Originally Posted by Swedishshuffle View Post
    Does matt simpson leaving the dynamics stable leave a free space for someone like Rob huff or Chilton, fairly certain TD will build new civics from what i have head. However they would need to find a TBL
    For the past few years there have been rumours that Matt Neal is going to hang up his helmet, I hope not but if he was going to then Huff or Chilton would be a worthy replacement and it looked like Rob really enjoyed his weekend in the BTCC this year. Tom Chilton has been at Dynamics before and according to an article on TCT he is going to focus on winning the BTCC this year.

But I hope the team can get an additional TBL, I reckon a serious year as a three car team is the only way back to the top for Dynamics.

always thought tingram was the natural replacement for matt neal, dont forget huffy, chilton etc are all mid 30's now as is flash. Tingram is still pretty young albeit with a older head on his shoulders
    Knockhill marshal and proud
    opinions expressed are my own and not those of any organisations i am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
    He's trying for some reflected glory from Aiden. The meeting was not BTCC related.
    I did wonder if it was about business away from the BTCC circus and they posted it purely to see what rumours it might start.
    Sick of censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by cxx666 View Post
    I did wonder if it was about business away from the BTCC circus and they posted it purely to see what rumours it might start.
    Probably took his car in for a tune up!!

Doesnt seem to answer the TBL question tho. Matt Simpson had his own and moves with it I guess. So where did HARD get 1 from I still wonder.
    Would be very glad to see fresh blood in at TD. A good pairing, but you have to think how good is the car, with no change in driver lineup, we dont have any real comparisons.
    I could imagine Huffy or Tingram going to TD and being faster if im honest.
    Presuming new civic would mean Honda back on board. Im never convinced by a black car...

Quote Originally Posted by piesjohn13 View Post
    Doesnt seem to answer the TBL question tho. Matt Simpson had his own and moves with it I guess. So where did HARD get 1 from I still wonder.
    Would be very glad to see fresh blood in at TD. A good pairing, but you have to think how good is the car, with no change in driver lineup, we dont have any real comparisons.
    Presuming new civic would mean Honda back on board. Im never convinced by a black car...
    I can't see much Honda backing unless its a dealer help setup like the HMS Alfa Romeo deal. I think they are haemorrhaging to much money in other forms of motor sport.

Really? when you look at the level of financial commitment in those other categories, my feeling is that a couple of shells and a small level of factory support is all that is needed to be deemed as a works effort, it is so insignificant to the global picture.
    In my eyes I see several different models of manufacturer support all deemed to qualify it seems for a manufacturer team
    1) dealer support (Alfa/Handy or PMR/Vauxhall for example)
    2) factory support (local) - This is where I see Honda/TD or BMW UK with WSR or BMR/Subaru
    3) Manufacturer backing (official works) - Last one fully integrated was probably 888 VRR?
    4) Manufacturer involvement (eg Honda producing a dedicated engine in F1)
    5) Full manufacturer team - they take over the whole team - Like Mercedes F1

Since the demise of 888/VXR ... I havent seen any outfits that are outside of those 2 lower levels. So it seems insignificant compared to other major international motorsports.
    I would hope that a new civic type R would be common-sense to promote in this way... in fact it will likely cost less than 1 TV advert for their UK marketing budget. Just my feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by piesjohn13 View Post
    Tony Gilham was quoted as saying his 4th TBL was the Welch one! So either Motorbase are dropping to 2 cars or have acquired one from elsewhere!

I could see Warren Scott more likely to do a deal with Bartrum than his wannabe mate Mr Gilham!

My biggest question is what do Speedworks have planned. Possible new car and or expansion? Could well pivot on what is happening at BMR/888!

Quote Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
    Probably took his car in for a tune up!!
    I know that AmD are very good, but good enough to warrant driving from Scotland to Essex?

Quote Originally Posted by wvm View Post
    I know that AmD are very good, but good enough to warrant driving from Scotland to Essex?
    Going by the dodgy floppy hair and pink trainers, I think he might be having ideas of moving to Essex permanantly
    Sick of censorship.

Tom ingram would also be a great replacement. I did think that also

Quote Originally Posted by wvm View Post
    Love it! I guess it depends which car its on...
    I drove 150mile to have premier tuning do my honda ... but its not 400 miles.