Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018, Rumours, Announcements, Grid etc.

Arrow

Frank Wrathall to return To BTCC in a KIA Optima

Something which I feel bears a mention is, BMWs plan to move forward with the new generation of 1series on a FWD platform. Given this change in tact, could we see the f30 3series make an appearance?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/1-s...-gen-bmw-hatch

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    Handy/Speedworks - Hopefully join forces to build & run 2x Alfas for Tingram and Austin.
    https://twitter.com/ToyotaPR/status/914618032420515841 well this certainy suggests there won't be any Avensi
    Sick of censorship.

So if the rumours are true and we donít have BMR/888 on the grid, where does our newly crowned champion end up?

I hope not....

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    So if the rumours are true and we donít have BMR/888 on the grid, where does our newly crowned champion end up?
    I really hope that BMR stick around, I'd love to see 888 ditch the MG and do something different. But I have to say I wouldn't blame BMR if they decided to leave the series. It just seems to me that everyone has tried everything to stop them from winning (which I think makes Ash Suttons achievement all the more remarkable).

Perhaps the best thing would be BMR scaled back to 2 cars, and 888 to ditch the MG's and run the other 2 Scooby's unless/until another factory deal presents itself.

If BMR were to leave and Ash wanted to defend the title I reckon a swift Ash Sutton, in Andrew Jordan out at WSR would probably make the strongest line up the BTCC has ever seen. Faced with that I reckon half the field would probably not bother showing up!

Again this all just ideas in my head, no rumours here....

Perhaps the best thing would be BMR scaled back to 2 cars, and 888 to ditch the MG's and run the other 2 Scooby's unless/until another factory deal presents itself.
    A few years ago I think many, including me, would have agreed with that. However as has been said numerous times, 888 are not the team they once were. It's sad to say, but I think any new or returning manufacturers would be more likely to show an interest if approached by one of the other teams.

For me, their best shot would be to take over the running of 2 of the Subarus with a view to building themselves up to the dominant force they were. However, if they were to do that it would make it even clearer that they're basically an extention to the BMR garage.
    Sick of censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    TCR uk or WTCC

Quote Originally Posted by Fastexocet View Post
    TCR uk or WTCC
    Is there even going to be a WTCC in 2018 I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_astra View Post
    Is there even going to be a WTCC in 2018 I ask?
    It's definitely in trouble, I foresee it merging with TCR International.

I really hope that BMR stick around, I'd love to see 888 ditch the MG and do something different. But I have to say I wouldn't blame BMR if they decided to leave the series. It just seems to me that everyone has tried everything to stop them from winning (which I think makes Ash Suttons achievement all the more remarkable).

If BMR were to leave and Ash wanted to defend the title I reckon a swift Ash Sutton, in Andrew Jordan out at WSR would probably make the strongest line up the BTCC has ever seen. Faced with that I reckon half the field would probably not bother showing up!

Again this all just ideas in my head, no rumours here....
    With 888 contracted with MG until end of 2018 and Andrew Jordan contracted to WSR for a second season, I can't see any of the above happening

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    With 888 contracted with MG until end of 2018 and Andrew Jordan contracted to WSR for a second season, I can't see any of the above happening
    Neither can I....

Didn't Aiden Moffat test one of the BMR Subura's last year or this year. If so maybe he'll change to the Subura or perhaps give his TBL back to Morgan and join BMR to form a BMR Subura Laser tools racing team with Sutton.

Also I don't understand why Speedworks would want to change car. The car was the best FWD this year and I reckon Ingram would have a very good chance of winning the championship next year in it, especially if they can get a second car out with a decent driver. If they've got another Manufacturer interested, then I can understand but otherwise no.

Carl Faux departs BMR to join Aussie V8ís, big blow to BMR & BTCC!

Perhaps I read a little too much into it, but I don't remember seeing Plato in the picture BMR put on twitter mentioning Carl Faux moving on?
    Sick of censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by cxx666 View Post
    Perhaps I read a little too much into it, but I don't remember seeing Plato in the picture BMR put on twitter mentioning Carl Faux moving on?
    You have, JP & Carl have been friends for many years.
    JP Fan