Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018, Rumours, Announcements, Grid etc.

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    Speedworks and Tingram seem to work well together and they have made the Avensis pretty quick, there was a tweet (I think by Toyota UK) at the end of last year saying that the Avensis may not be back though. If that turns out to be true which car would they run? and would it be any good?

I was kinda hoping that Speedworks would procure the 2x Type R's that Norlin got but it was not to be. There are however, unoccupied Type R's at Norlin and Eurotech which I'm sure Tingram would do well in if Speedworks don't have a plan.
    This year, will be the last for the avensis

The RS Focus for Motorbase then. Hope it goes as well as it looks

Quote Originally Posted by kelle250 View Post
    The RS Focus for Motorbase then. Hope it goes as well as it looks
    I might be reading between the lines here but the "e-spares" logos are on the car, that logo and the company belongs to Martin Depper....

I might be reading between the lines here but the "e-spares" logos are on the car, that logo and the company belongs to Martin Depper....
    Jackson confirmed in the second car. Depper is obviously happy to remain on board as a sponsor, he knows it's good exposure even if he's not driving.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Cook back at PMR did not see that coming
    "if in doubt flat out" Colin McRae

http://www.touringcarregister.com/model/06/

7x NGTC Civics have been built in total
    There are currently 3 @ Eurotech and 2 @ Norlin
    1x has been scrapped (Jeff Smiths was scrapped after Oulton '17)

So 1x remains - sold to Matt Simpson but crashed in Practice pre-season - he then part ex'd it for the Dynamics Spare - Dynamics have since straightened it out and kept it as a spare shell.

Assuming that Norlin got the 2017 race cars piloted by Matt and Gordon then the one above must remain back at TDM unless someone else has procured it?
    Well one is parked in Birmingham at ASI at the moment, but given its in last year's TD livery it could always actually be one of the cars that Norlin will have.

This has actually got me thinking, I know Norlin as a company is from Northern Ireland but I presume they have an engineering base in England, anybody know where?

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_ST View Post
    Well one is parked in Birmingham at ASI at the moment, but given its in last year's TD livery it could always actually be one of the cars that Norlin will have.

This has actually got me thinking, I know Norlin as a company is from Northern Ireland but I presume they have an engineering base in England, anybody know where?
    To pick up your last point, yes Norlin as a company are based in Belfast. Although, they are the title sponsor if you will. They are a venture capitalist firm. The team however, is founded on Bert Taylor's BTC Racing, which are based in Chesire as fas as I know. I had the pleasure of meeting Chris Smiley and the team at a car show in Belfast. They were a good bunch of lads and they welcomed myself and my mate into the teams truck for a chat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_ST View Post
    Is that a race car or just their show car?

Quote Originally Posted by wvm View Post
    Is that a race car or just their show car?
    Matt’s race car is on display. Word is Dynamic’s are keeping it for back to back testing, but imagine it could find a new home at some point, if it’s not already got a destination set!

back in the Scooby, no surprises there.
    Couldn't get down to AI this year, please anybody there pick up any news re JP's plans for this year.
    JP Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Couldn't get down to AI this year, please anybody there pick up any news re JP's plans for this year.
    Word is he’ll re-sign with BMR, but that could be cosy as things aren’t great between him & Warren, but as Adrian Flux is JP’s sponsor they may insist he’s in the car! Maybe JP’s been promised one of the other Levorgs in place of his ‘shunt affected’ version that ruined his season?

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    Word is he’ll re-sign with BMR, but that could be cosy as things aren’t great between him & Warren
    What exactly happened between them? Is it a case of JP coming in thinking he's one man bigger than the team?
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    Word is he’ll re-sign with BMR, but that could be cosy as things aren’t great between him & Warren, but as Adrian Flux is JP’s sponsor they may insist he’s in the car! Maybe JP’s been promised one of the other Levorgs in place of his ‘shunt affected’ version that ruined his season?
    wasn't that sorted with a new diff at the back end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by dianeplumb View Post
    wasn't that sorted with a new diff at the back end of the season?
    They said it was better but not 100% cured. I reckon his car would need to be re-shelled to be 100%. I really hope that JP returns, and runs at the front of the pack. 2017 was a good season, but I missed JP having scrapping at the front.

I didn't. No great loss.