Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TCR Balance of Performance (Bop)

TCR Balance of Performance (Bop)

It will be interesting to see how this works with the TCR series.

Alan Gow said TCR wasn't even on his radar - very naive if true.

I love the BTCC and am a big fan but the boost situation year after year is wearing me down. It really could be the undoing of the BTCC.

At Rockingham we had Plato saying he was too slow in a straight line yet he was 3rd. Shedden said he is slow in a straight line and was no where. Neal said he was slow in a straight line. Rob Austin said he was slow. Mat Jackson said he was slow. And that's just on tv - everyone then moans on social media after the weekend. It's fast becoming the British Moan Championship.

Not that I know much about things like boost, but, it would seem that different cars take ballast in different ways, and at different tracks.

At the moment, it appears that the Subaru's manage it better than most. How you can judge how much boost to add or take away from a car must be very difficult to do in a fair way.

I agree that the boost issue is starting to becoming tiring though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this works with the TCR series.

Alan Gow said TCR wasn't even on his radar - very naive if true.

Nave or complacent? The btcc has been king of the castle in terms of saloon car racing in the uk for many years. Some have tried to set up other series, but all have fallen by the wayside. NOW, there is a serious challenger emerging, and to be frank, it will be interesting to see what, if any, action the btcc takes to stave it off. There is no doubt that tcr is big in Europe and around the globe, and if it cracks the uk market, then it could end up being the series of choice for teams looking at serious touring cars in this country. Mr. Gows mantra of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" could come under serious threat in the near future.

Part of the problem for me is that by trying to keep things so equal you create more problems than you solve. I think set the boost level at the start of the season, and off you go. Everyone knows where they stand. Some engines will perform better than others (as ever was)
    Celebrating 20 years of btcc watching

TCR UK Confirmed for next year.
    Should be interesting.I wonder if we'll see any of the "lower order" BTCC drivers having a crack, given that TCR doesn't clash with any BTCC weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastexocet View Post
    TCR UK Confirmed for next year.
    Should be interesting.I wonder if we'll see any of the "lower order" BTCC drivers having a crack, given that TCR doesn't clash with any BTCC weekends.
    pretty interesting article about it here...https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...sh-motorsport/

Knockhill in May woohoo. and maybe we can visit Croft in September too.

I'm planning on giving TCR UK a go up at Castle Combe next year. Gotta see what it is like though.

The new Motorbase VW's look great!

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...ks-volkswagen/

Oh dear -winter is coming - TCR and WTCC to merge!

Has a 2018 calendar been issued yet? be interesting to see if we get a UK Round.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwaii View Post
    Has a 2018 calendar been issued yet? be interesting to see if we get a UK Round.
    https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...l-season-2018/

Calendar issued, no UK round as yet but there is a space for one.

WTCR So Far.....

Yvan Muller, Thed Bjork, Gabriele Tarquini, Tiago Monteiro, Gordon Shedden, Jean Karl Varney, Rob Huff, Norbert Micheliz, Esteban Guerrieri,

That's at least 9 of the 26 drivers proper superstars, it's going to be great methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    Yvan Muller, Thed Bjork, Gabriele Tarquini, Tiago Monteiro, Gordon Shedden, Jean Karl Varney, Rob Huff, Norbert Micheliz, Esteban Guerrieri,

That's at least 9 of the 26 drivers proper superstars, it's going to be great methinks.
    Agreed that is quite a line up, I will look forward to Marrakech.