Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: What now for Plato?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    71

    What now for Plato?

    Despite the optimistic press releases before Snetterton it was a bit of a dismal weekend.

    So...what should he do now?

    Go back to fwd? Retire? Try another series? What do you think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    near knockhill.!
    Posts
    401
    We need to hear if any problems with his present chassis have been found and cured, possibly test times of him in a different rear wheel drive chassis, and times from, from, say Sutton testing his car to identify the problem, is Plato or Subaru. Then he and we would better know the cause/cure.?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    737
    It was a dismal weekend due to circumstance not from lack of pace. He qualified in the top ten and was pushing for a podium place before he was pushed down the order and damaged his car.
    It could have been the first weekend where he really featured, he had the car for it but not the luck

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by mj 446 View Post
    We need to hear if any problems with his present chassis have been found and cured, possibly test times of him in a different rear wheel drive chassis, and times from, from, say Sutton testing his car to identify the problem, is Plato or Subaru. Then he and we would better know the cause/cure.?
    They did that in a recent test before Snetterton - Sutton drove Platos car and visa versa.

    They also changed his front subframe over the Snetterton weekend.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    They did that in a recent test before Snetterton - Sutton drove Platos car and visa versa.

    They also changed his front subframe over the Snetterton weekend.

    At Snett the cars were set up identically but reacted totally different in the hands of both drivers.
    JP Fan

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    At Snett the cars were set up identically but reacted totally different in the hands of both drivers.
    Sorry guys, half asleep, my mistake .... the Test was at Donington not Snett
    JP Fan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    236
    Whatever they did to the car with regards to changing the subframe, it certainly seemed to make for a notable improvement.

    First time this year Plato's looked like have any sort of pace at all.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Whatever they did to the car with regards to changing the subframe, it certainly seemed to make for a notable improvement.

    First time this year Plato's looked like have any sort of pace at all.
    I was looking forward to seeing what Plato could do in that second race.

    Still a little puzzled as to why Jordan wasn't penalised for the move he made in pushing Plato off the track. When the camera pictures from the Wilson corner are shown you can clearly see Jordan turn left to push Plato off the track. If anything at that point on the circuit you'd turn slightly to the right to move over to the right hand side ready for Palmers.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    292

    What Now? Pole Position it seems....

    .... Excellent work there JP, keep them coming.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,378
    Pole.......:'(
    Sick of censorship.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    292

    That was more like it

    Looks like we have the old JP back

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    Looks like we have the old JP back
    It's seems they HAVE found what was causing the DIFFerance in handling! I'll get m' coat.....................

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    It's seems they HAVE found what was causing the DIFFerance in handling! I'll get m' coat.....................
    As mentioned on TV , he's been a good boy during his bad times with the suburu . Daft when he gave a post win interview yesterday though. I suppose we can give him that after all the frustration .

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffolk_boy View Post
    As mentioned on TV , he's been a good boy during his bad times with the suburu . Daft when he gave a post win interview yesterday though. I suppose we can give him that after all the frustration .
    I dont agree. He may have been quiet while not performing well... but to swear on live TV, it seemed intentionally (many other choices) and to follow with a 2 finger salute... in front of a family audience. I would think Ok if that was someone else. But the profile he has, and his media background... he should know VERY much better than that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    It's seems they HAVE found what was causing the DIFFerance in handling! I'll get m' coat.....................
    Haha, yes I figured it out too. When his Ego is too far back, he doesnt do well. But when he brings it forward, he finds his pace. Unfortunately, that generates noise tho.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •