Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What now for Plato?

What now for Plato?

Despite the optimistic press releases before Snetterton it was a bit of a dismal weekend.

So...what should he do now?

Go back to fwd? Retire? Try another series? What do you think?

We need to hear if any problems with his present chassis have been found and cured, possibly test times of him in a different rear wheel drive chassis, and times from, from, say Sutton testing his car to identify the problem, is Plato or Subaru. Then he and we would better know the cause/cure.?

It was a dismal weekend due to circumstance not from lack of pace. He qualified in the top ten and was pushing for a podium place before he was pushed down the order and damaged his car.
    It could have been the first weekend where he really featured, he had the car for it but not the luck

Quote Originally Posted by mj 446 View Post
    We need to hear if any problems with his present chassis have been found and cured, possibly test times of him in a different rear wheel drive chassis, and times from, from, say Sutton testing his car to identify the problem, is Plato or Subaru. Then he and we would better know the cause/cure.?
    They did that in a recent test before Snetterton - Sutton drove Platos car and visa versa.

They also changed his front subframe over the Snetterton weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    They did that in a recent test before Snetterton - Sutton drove Platos car and visa versa.

They also changed his front subframe over the Snetterton weekend.

At Snett the cars were set up identically but reacted totally different in the hands of both drivers.
    JP Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    At Snett the cars were set up identically but reacted totally different in the hands of both drivers.
    Sorry guys, half asleep, my mistake .... the Test was at Donington not Snett
    JP Fan

Whatever they did to the car with regards to changing the subframe, it certainly seemed to make for a notable improvement.

First time this year Plato's looked like have any sort of pace at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Whatever they did to the car with regards to changing the subframe, it certainly seemed to make for a notable improvement.

First time this year Plato's looked like have any sort of pace at all.
    I was looking forward to seeing what Plato could do in that second race.

Still a little puzzled as to why Jordan wasn't penalised for the move he made in pushing Plato off the track. When the camera pictures from the Wilson corner are shown you can clearly see Jordan turn left to push Plato off the track. If anything at that point on the circuit you'd turn slightly to the right to move over to the right hand side ready for Palmers.

What Now? Pole Position it seems....

.... Excellent work there JP, keep them coming.

Pole.......:'(
    Sick of censorship.

That was more like it

Looks like we have the old JP back

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    Looks like we have the old JP back
    It's seems they HAVE found what was causing the DIFFerance in handling! I'll get m' coat.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    It's seems they HAVE found what was causing the DIFFerance in handling! I'll get m' coat.....................
    As mentioned on TV , he's been a good boy during his bad times with the suburu . Daft when he gave a post win interview yesterday though. I suppose we can give him that after all the frustration .

Quote Originally Posted by Suffolk_boy View Post
    As mentioned on TV , he's been a good boy during his bad times with the suburu . Daft when he gave a post win interview yesterday though. I suppose we can give him that after all the frustration .
    I dont agree. He may have been quiet while not performing well... but to swear on live TV, it seemed intentionally (many other choices) and to follow with a 2 finger salute... in front of a family audience. I would think Ok if that was someone else. But the profile he has, and his media background... he should know VERY much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    Haha, yes I figured it out too. When his Ego is too far back, he doesnt do well. But when he brings it forward, he finds his pace. Unfortunately, that generates noise tho.