Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vauxhall deal

Quote Originally Posted by mj 446 View Post
    Oh I remember them, wasn't it Gerry Birrell who peddled one or both with some success.
    Need to go check on that.
    Marshall not Birrell.

Marshall of course, Birrell was a racing driver too single seaters was his forte, needing my dinner memory sugar levels low.

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post

I just hope they manage to get an experienced hand in the other car.
    Looks like they've managed it

Chilton is a good coup....

I know a few people are disappointed not to see Dave Newsham in the team but Chilton is a good shout and quite a scalp for the team to get. I just hope he can adapt to the NGTC Cars quickly and do a good job. The team deserve a bit of success and here's hoping they see it in 2017.

Surprised no one has brought this up yet....

It would seem in relation to recent GM events this could potentially be a short lived return to the btcc for ' vauxhall '......?? Might soon be a return by Peugeot!
    2016, year of the Goff...

Quote Originally Posted by speedy king View Post
    It would seem in relation to recent GM events this could potentially be a short lived return to the btcc for ' vauxhall '......?? Might soon be a return by Peugeot!
    Peugeot were interested in a potential project this year, so who knows what might happen..............

Well, could be, yes.
    But I would wait to see what happens. A few years back, it seemed like GM would sell Opel(-Vauxhall) to Magna... but they didn't. I know it could be useful for GM to sell it, but it's their whole European market...

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

Negotiations for the sale could take a long time, might not be '17 but in time for season'18?

Quote Originally Posted by mj 446 View Post
    Negotiations for the sale could take a long time, might not be '17 but in time for season'18?
    Negotiations could falter altogether. With a sale figure of 1.6bn and a Vauxhall workers pension fund deficit of 1bn and low productivity demand in the UK plants, it's not looking that healthy for the UK/Vauxhall side of the sale.

Well, we've seen the livery now.... and I must say it's a very un-works looking car to me... the only sight of anything Vauxhall logo wise is the Vauxhall trade group.... and that's very small.. no VAUXHALL or ASTRA to be seen.

To be lined up in the photo with the other factory outfits it looks rather like an impersonation who can't believe its luck sat on the side!
    2016, year of the Goff...

Well, we've seen the livery now.... and I must say it's a very un-works looking car to me... the only sight of anything Vauxhall logo wise is the Vauxhall trade group.... and that's very small.. no VAUXHALL or ASTRA to be seen.

To be lined up in the photo with the other factory outfits it looks rather like an impersonation who can't believe its luck sat on the side!
    Give the 'factory' or 'manufacturer' idea a big miss.

It's pennies and paperwork and that's it.
    @psq43 , rather obviously.

Reading an article about the PMR & Vauxhall deal, it gives me hope that if the results come in that it would become more of a "works" deal in time, or at least have more of the Vauxhall branding that we'd expect from a manufacturer team.

Seems to be a case of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" at the moment, with PMR getting support from Vauxhall in exchange for putting them in touch with potential customers. If the results on track are good, they have more leverage to ask for a bit more cash from Vauxhall towards running the team, which would of course result in more of their logos appearing. For me, it certainly helped clear up a few questions I had after seeing the announcment of their return, as well as the lack of branding on the cars. I thought the wording of the return was a bit unusual, so I've got a better understanding of how the setup works.

In a way I'm glad they're doing it like this, I was a huge Vauxhall fan in their 888 days, and would hate to see someone bring back the name only to not do it justice. I think this gives them a bit of an incentive to do well, and to show respect to Vauxhall's history and add to it.
    Sick of censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by cxx666 View Post
    Seems to be a case of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" at the moment, with PMR getting support from Vauxhall in exchange for putting them in touch with potential customers.
    It's not about potential customers, Power Maxed (or rather the parent company, Automotive Brands), are the customer.

Automotive Brands supply lots of motor factors and run a big fleet of small vans. They agree to buy and run Vauxhall vans for a period of time, which gives Vauxhall a huge guaranteed sale, and in return Vauxhall provide some support to the race team.

I see Vauxhall are ending the football sponsorship with the home nations - millions a year seemingly and wonder how many cars were sold from it?! Anyway they're moving to model specific marketing so that may bode well for the BTCC (although the blurb I read mentioned a daft crossover and an Insignia estate type thing)

Quote Originally Posted by hawickrfc View Post
    I see Vauxhall are ending the football sponsorship with the home nations - millions a year seemingly and wonder how many cars were sold from it?!
    Not enough to make a profit. Vauxhall/Opel haven't turned a profit since before 2000.