Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 491

Thread: 2017 News, updates & rumours

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    We could make it easy on Neildown.We could forget the charity pledge as it would be too difficult to moniter and just have a simple agrrement that the loser of the debate has to change hid nickname on this forum to something silly like Neil Taylor-Down it seems to be all the rage just ask Aron Smith.
    Or he could just change his name KneelDown?
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

    Controversial originality since 1990

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    Iam in no doubt your wish will come true and AJ will not be in a Honda.It would be wrong for me to speculate where he will be but the big question is will it be Goff or Tordoff who makes way for him.
    Would love to see Tordoff with JP, James Cole and Scott at BMR.
    JP Fan

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Would love to see Tordoff with JP, James Cole and Scott at BMR.
    Idont know if they got on together at 888 do you have any idea if it was good or bad relationship.I dont think Tordoff would like to be in a team again where JP was top dog.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    208
    Word of another new car announcement tomorrow! Don't have any info on this myself so looking forward to a possible surprise.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    52
    AJ has said on twitter that he has put pen to paper and there will be an announcement Tuesday at 4pm.
    For all I know this could just be his Christmas card list

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony502 View Post
    AJ has said on twitter that he has put pen to paper and there will be an announcement Tuesday at 4pm.
    For all I know this could just be his Christmas card list
    It ends in W..........

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, Glasgow
    Posts
    517
    Realistically i wonder if we could see AJ in a WSR BMW or his own 3 series or something. May make sense if tordoff leaves WSR and the series therefore taking GARDX and JCT600 with him.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Biggs View Post
    It ends in W..........
    Wheelbarrow ?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    52
    Purely for comedic value I thought VW with team hard as the already have a driver signed!!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedishshuffle View Post
    Realistically i wonder if we could see AJ in a WSR BMW or his own 3 series or something. May make sense if tordoff leaves WSR and the series therefore taking GARDX and JCT600 with him.
    What about Goff At power maxed in the factory team as jordan will in his BMW

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    Well it pretty sure you and i know who is behind the Vauxhall deal.So you must be aware the to sell his two cars he has he will only get value if he sells with a TBL for each car.

    PS Do you know who is most likely to get the existing cars.
    Except those cars are among the oldest models on the grid, so I'm not convinced there would be much of a market for them.
    There is much more demand for TBLs now than there was at the start of the season, so I'm sure this person will have been advised by Alan Gow not to sell the ones he has.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by wvm View Post
    Except those cars are among the oldest models on the grid, so I'm not convinced there would be much of a market for them.
    There is much more demand for TBLs now than there was at the start of the season, so I'm sure this person will have been advised by Alan Gow not to sell the ones he has.
    If you have two of the oldest models which have already been upgraded to the new RML running gear to sell with two TBLs.And you are going to get two manufacturer TBLs because you are bringing in a manufacturer for free.I think its called have your cake and eat it.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    208
    So with Will Burns taking one of Team HARD's seats, who do we think will lose out between Hill, Epps & Caine?

    I think Burn's will be a great addition to the field, another up and coming talent. I would like to think a front running team would pick Hill up, he obviously caught the team bosses attention, just such a shame he has only a limited (although hard worked for) budget.

    Thinking out load (I should of leant not to by now), but I'd PMR do sell or loan their cars and TBL's and pick up the two 'loan' TBL's, could we see Chris Smiley or Rob Smith in a self run Chevy? They both tested the cars recently, probably adding 2 & 2 and getting 42...............................

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    So with Will Burns taking one of Team HARD's seats, who do we think will lose out between Hill, Epps & Caine?

    I think Burn's will be a great addition to the field, another up and coming talent. I would like to think a front running team would pick Hill up, he obviously caught the team bosses attention, just such a shame he has only a limited (although hard worked for) budget.

    Thinking out load (I should of leant not to by now), but I'd PMR do sell or loan their cars and TBL's and pick up the two 'loan' TBL's, could we see Chris Smiley or Rob Smith in a self run Chevy? They both tested the cars recently, probably adding 2 & 2 and getting 42...............................
    Here we go are you strapped in firstly i don't know burns so no comment.

    As for hill, he is a young kid who was very impressive and i hope we see him back out.

    As for Epps he did not do bad either but he did comment that he wanted someone to sponsor the under side of his bonnet.Sounds li9ke a dig at team hardship.

    Now caine,the rumor is that gillam stole his carry over good tyres at Knockhill and sold them to a vw driver pretending that they were new.So no more trust.

    SMILEY and another have bought the chevys and TBLs so 42 is close

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    Here we go are you strapped in firstly i don't know burns so no comment.

    As for hill, he is a young kid who was very impressive and i hope we see him back out.

    As for Epps he did not do bad either but he did comment that he wanted someone to sponsor the under side of his bonnet.Sounds li9ke a dig at team hardship.

    Now caine,the rumor is that gillam stole his carry over good tyres at Knockhill and sold them to a vw driver pretending that they were new.So no more trust.

    SMILEY and another have bought the chevys and TBLs so 42 is close
    so my math was actually better than I'd thought, which is very rare! Interesting about Caine (doubt he'll be with HARD then), Epp's was definitely getting frustrated over sponsorship towards the end of last year. Hill fingers crossed they can raise the cash to be back.

    The 'other' driver who's purchased a Chevy & TBL, is that a current BTCC driver or a new face on the grid? I hear Smiley was much nearer a competitive pace when he tested the Chevy! Could it be BTC have purchased a car back off them?
    Last edited by Elec-Tech; 12th Nov 2016 at 11:59 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •