Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 News, updates & rumours

Quote Originally Posted by wvm View Post
    I believe the people behind the Vauxhall entry have two TBLs, without needing either of the ones you mention.
    PMR or BKR by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by wvm View Post
    I believe the people behind the Vauxhall entry have two TBLs, without needing either of the ones you mention.
    Well it pretty sure you and i know who is behind the Vauxhall deal.So you must be aware the to sell his two cars he has he will only get value if he sells with a TBL for each car.A little bit what AMD did last year to sell the focus,they got an extra TBL.You may think this is over complicated but it is simple a Manufacturer will get the TheTBLs firstly.

PS Do you know who is most likely to get the existing cars.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    PS Do you know who is most likely to get the existing cars.
    It wouldn't happen to be a team that last raced in the series in 2014?

On a separate note Tony Gillham has posted a message about collecting the 1st of next year's cars tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
    It wouldn't happen to be a team that last raced in the series in 2014?

On a separate note Tony Gillham has posted a message about collecting the 1st of next year's cars tomorrow
    No its a team who were out last year.I would take a guess that Gillam will more than likely be getting the insignia's or passats from warren scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    It's not a case of anybody being "ousted" from a Team, but a fact if you haven't got the budget then you don't get the seat. In like manner would you say Turkington was "ousted" from BMW, he didn't have the budget so he didn't get the drive

Unfortunately it's the way things are now .... no money, no drive.
    Yes i would have to agree Turkington was more likely poached with a good deal to help BMR.Which is all down to money as i think he would get a free drive or maybe even paid to drive.I have nothing to back this up it is only my opinion.

No its a team who were out last year.I would take a guess that Gillam will more than likely be getting the insignia's or passats from warren scott.
    New cars from what I've been told, but I'm sure we'll soon see.

Ollie Jackson announcing his plans for next year in the next few days. Staying at AmD I reckon!

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    Are 888 continuing with MG because they ran works Vauxhalls last time out? Sutton and Cook are a marketable couple of drivers for a manufacurer.

Quote Originally Posted by conradgheald View Post
    Are 888 continuing with MG because they ran works Vauxhalls last time out? Sutton and Cook are a marketable couple of drivers for a manufacurer.
    I think MG committed to 3 years when they signed up again last year! Could be Motorbase but thought they were looking at other cars!

Yes i would have to agree Turkington was more likely poached with a good deal to help BMR.Which is all down to money as i think he would get a free drive or maybe even paid to drive.I have nothing to back this up it is only my opinion.
    Very few drivers get paid to drive, and Turkington isn't one of them. It was just a case of BMR's budget being lower than BMW (CT's preferred option), nothing at all to do with "poaching to help".
    JP Fan

Looks like from the article on BTCC.net that James Cole will be staying at BMR (he intimated the same at the season finale), while it's not confirmed in the article it certainly seems he'll still be there.

Looks like from the article on BTCC.net that James Cole will be staying at BMR (he intimated the same at the season finale), while it's not confirmed in the article it certainly seems he'll still be there.
    I have heard that Jordan is going to announce next week which car he going to drive next year.

yes your correct

yes your correct

Interesting about AJ too.

Looks like Handy considering switching cars too but staying as a 1 car team!

Interesting about AJ too.

Looks like Handy considering switching cars too but staying as a 1 car team!
    I have not heard anything about handy but if they are changing they would be better have a same make car to share data.As for AJ its not Honda.

I have not heard anything about handy but if they are changing they would be better have a same make car to share data.As for AJ its not Honda.
    Yeah I wa surprised Handy were considering changing as they'd lose the ability to use Speedworks' data. My only thought was Austin might want them to go RWD, but that's this years progress down the drain.

AJ not in a Honda will cause a stir as most people seemed to automatically place him in one! Any news of who'll be running it?