Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 793

Thread: 2017 News, updates & rumours

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by Eunos View Post
    So Tom Chilton has confirmed he will be remaining with Sebastien Loeb Racing in WTCC as well.

    Going to be a busy year of Racing for him.

    April
    1st-2nd: Brand Hatch Indy (BTCC)
    8th-9th: El Hassan, Morroco (WTCC)
    15th-16th: Donington Park (BTCC)
    29th-30th: Monza, Italy (WTCC)


    May
    6th-7th: Thruxton (BTCC)
    13th-14th: Hungaroring, Hungary (WTCC)
    20th-21st: Oulton Park (BTCC)
    26th-27th: Nurburgring Nordschleife, Germnay (WTCC)

    June
    10th-11th: Croft (BTCC)
    24th-25th: De Vila Real, Portugal (WTCC)

    July
    29th-30th: Snetterton (BTCC)

    August
    5th-6th: De Rio Hondo, Argentina (WTCC)
    12th-13th: Knockhill (BTCC)
    26th-27th: Rockingham (BTCC)

    September
    16th-17th: Silverstone (BTCC)

    October
    30th(Sept)-1st: Brands Hatch GP (BTCC)
    14th-15th: Shanghai, China (WTCC)
    28th-29th: Motegi, Japan (WTCC)

    November
    18th-19th: Macau (WTCC)

    December
    30th(Nov)-1st: Losali, Qatar (WTCC)

    -----------------------------------------------

    April and May are going to be very busy months for him, there will be only 1 weekend where he isn't racing during that time.

    The months of June and July aren't so bad. Though at the end of July, He will be racing in Snetterton one weekend, Travelling to Argentina the next then up to Scotland for Knockhill after that, that's going to be a busy 3 weeks.

    Though after Argentina he can pretty much focus on BTCC till the end of the season, then after Brands he has the rest of the long haul WTCC rounds.

    So the first half is pretty busy, but the 2nd half is a little more spread out.

    I'm sure he is more than capable of doing it but I still find it interesting to see what his year is looking like.


    Kind of impressive actually now both Series have avoided clashing at all this year, I think they gave up trying not to clash with Formula 1 weekends a long time ago.
    It could in reality benefit him. There aren't many weekends that he isn't behind the wheel, although both cars are massively different, he has not a lot of time to think about anything else, so he shouldn't really switch off!
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

    Controversial originality since 1990

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    714

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Eunos View Post
    So Tom Chilton has confirmed he will be remaining with Sebastien Loeb Racing in WTCC as well.

    Going to be a busy year of Racing for him.

    Good job he wanted to come back to Britain to spend more time with his family!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    103
    AmD Tuning - Audi S3 - O Jackson - TBC
    BMR Racing - Levorg GT - Scott - Plato - Turkington - Cole
    BTC Norlin Racing - Chevy Cruze - C Smiley - Newsham
    Ciceley Motorsport - A Class - A Morgan
    Eurotech Racing - Civic Type R - J Smith - M Depper
    Handy Motorsport - Avensis - Austin
    Laser Tools Racing - A Class - Moffatt
    Maximum Motorsport - Focus - S Lines
    Motorbase Performance - Focus - M Jackson - TBC - TBC
    Power Maxed Racing - Astra - Senna Proctor - Tom Chilton
    Simpson Racing - Civic Type R - M Simpson
    Speedworks Motorsport - Avensis - Tingram
    Team Dynamics Motorsport - Civic Type R - Shedden - Neal
    Team Hard Racing - VW CC's - Epps - Burns
    - TBC
    Team Parker Racing - Focus - TBC
    Triple Eight Race Engineering - MG6 GT - TBC - TBC
    WSR - 125i - A Jordan - TBC - TBC

    17 Confirmed - 15 to go

    2016 Drivers Unconfirmed or drivers who have hinted they might like to join:
    Colin Turkington
    Rob Collard
    Jack Goff
    Josh Cook
    Ashley Sutton
    Aron Smith
    Jake Hill
    Jeff Smith
    Hunter Abbott
    Daniel Lloyd
    Martin Depper
    Dan Welch
    James Cole
    Warren Scott
    Alex Martin
    Stewart Lines
    Kelvin Fletcher
    Michael Caine
    Tony Gilham
    Mark Howard

    Removed Lea Wood - Confirmed today to be pickup racing again.
    Removed Alex Martin from TPR
    Rob Austin confirmed - revealing at ASI
    Last edited by cjslator; 6th Jan 2017 at 10:33 PM.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    282

    Steel Seal

    I see that Halfords - Yuasa - "Steel Seal" - Honda have a new sponsor. Does this mean that they are no longer with PMR?

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    I see that Halfords - Yuasa - "Steel Seal" - Honda have a new sponsor. Does this mean that they are no longer with PMR?
    Steel Seal are part of Automative Brands who own PMR, so they aren't leaving PMR, just adding Dynamic's to increase their brand exposure!

  6. #366
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    Steel Seal are part of Automative Brands who own PMR, so they aren't leaving PMR, just adding Dynamic's to increase their brand exposure!
    Possibly wanting to have their logo on more than just their own cars, presumably to free up space for some sort of Vauxhall branding on their Astras?
    Sick of censorship.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    I see that Halfords - Yuasa - "Steel Seal" - Honda have a new sponsor. Does this mean that they are no longer with PMR?
    At least they will be on a winning car now....

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by cjslator View Post
    AmD Tuning - Audi S3 - O Jackson - TBC
    BMR Racing - Levorg GT - Scott - Plato - Turkington - Cole
    BTC Norlin Racing - Chevy Cruze - C Smiley - Newsham
    Ciceley Motorsport - A Class - A Morgan
    Eurotech Racing - Civic Type R - J Smith - M Depper
    Handy Motorsport - Avensis - Austin
    Laser Tools Racing - A Class - Moffatt
    Maximum Motorsport - Focus - S Lines
    Motorbase Performance - Focus - M Jackson - TBC - TBC
    Power Maxed Racing - Astra - Senna Proctor - Tom Chilton
    Simpson Racing - Civic Type R - M Simpson
    Speedworks Motorsport - Avensis - Tingram
    Team Dynamics Motorsport - Civic Type R - Shedden - Neal
    Team Hard Racing - VW CC's - Epps - Burns
    - TBC
    Team Parker Racing - Focus - TBC
    Triple Eight Race Engineering - MG6 GT - TBC - TBC
    WSR - 125i - A Jordan - TBC - TBC

    17 Confirmed - 15 to go

    2016 Drivers Unconfirmed or drivers who have hinted they might like to join:
    Colin Turkington
    Rob Collard
    Jack Goff
    Josh Cook
    Ashley Sutton
    Aron Smith
    Jake Hill
    Jeff Smith
    Hunter Abbott
    Daniel Lloyd
    Martin Depper
    Dan Welch
    James Cole
    Warren Scott
    Alex Martin
    Stewart Lines
    Kelvin Fletcher
    Michael Caine
    Tony Gilham
    Mark Howard

    Removed Lea Wood - Confirmed today to be pickup racing again.
    Removed Alex Martin from TPR
    Rob Austin confirmed - revealing at ASI

    When at Knockhill last year I heard from a reliable source that James Cole would be staying with BMR for 2017.
    Also would love to see Collard join JP and James.
    JP Fan

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    26
    Rumours that Rob Collard will be back at Motorbase, with Turkington back to WSR. If true big shame, as Collard has done a good job for BMW, and is a Brand Ambassador for them.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66

    Keen to hear your thoughts on this one please....

    Quote Originally Posted by oldnail View Post
    Rumours that Rob Collard will be back at Motorbase, with Turkington back to WSR. If true big shame, as Collard has done a good job for BMW, and is a Brand Ambassador for them.
    Happy New BTCC Year folks!

    Not long till AUTOSPORT International (Jake will be on the Dunlop BTCC stand on Thursday and Friday I think) and then suddenly we'll be at BTCC Media Day and then Brands...can't wait!

    Firstly a big, big 'Thank you' to everyone for the kind words of support for Jake in 2016 and lovely comments re the job and the team did....really is hugely appreciated - do come and say 'hello' if you are at any races this year...

    Anyway, got some interesting developments and all will be revealed soon.

    Main reason I wanted to ask all of your opinions on Driver Merchandise - a bit of market research if you will......

    There's a possibility we may have someone who will put together some merchandise for Jake this season.

    Initial ideas are;

    T-Shirts (adults and kids - possibly a kind of cartoon version for kids)
    Hoodies....(again adults and kids)
    Cap
    Beanie
    Stickers (of the car and a #JH24 logo)
    Mug
    Sports Drink's bottle (copy of Jake's design)

    Maybe also putting together a #JH24 'Driver's Club' - to have access to coaching and/or passenger laps with Jake ...NOT a fan club as has done before....

    Thoughts on these ideas...

    Would be sold both at the circuit and on line....

    What do you reckon is the going rate price-wise....Making them a bit different, nice quality and of course at a sensible price...

    Thanks all!

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by simonmhill View Post
    Happy New BTCC Year folks!

    Not long till AUTOSPORT International (Jake will be on the Dunlop BTCC stand on Thursday and Friday I think) and then suddenly we'll be at BTCC Media Day and then Brands...can't wait!

    Firstly a big, big 'Thank you' to everyone for the kind words of support for Jake in 2016 and lovely comments re the job and the team did....really is hugely appreciated - do come and say 'hello' if you are at any races this year...

    Anyway, got some interesting developments and all will be revealed soon.

    Main reason I wanted to ask all of your opinions on Driver Merchandise - a bit of market research if you will......

    There's a possibility we may have someone who will put together some merchandise for Jake this season.

    Initial ideas are;

    T-Shirts (adults and kids - possibly a kind of cartoon version for kids)
    Hoodies....(again adults and kids)
    Cap
    Beanie
    Stickers (of the car and a #JH24 logo)
    Mug
    Sports Drink's bottle (copy of Jake's design)

    Maybe also putting together a #JH24 'Driver's Club' - to have access to coaching and/or passenger laps with Jake ...NOT a fan club as has done before....

    Thoughts on these ideas...

    Would be sold both at the circuit and on line....

    What do you reckon is the going rate price-wise....Making them a bit different, nice quality and of course at a sensible price...

    Thanks all!
    Happy New Year Simon,

    Firstly I can't help but being very excited to hear all looks good for Jake being on the grid again this year! 😊

    I would be very interested in merchandise for Jake & the chance for hot laps too via a fan club. Price wise it's difficult as I know so many fans with varying budgets (bit like drivers I suppose).

    Looking forward to hearing who Jake's racing for in 2017, best of luck.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Eunos View Post
    So Tom Chilton has confirmed he will be remaining with Sebastien Loeb Racing in WTCC as well.

    Going to be a busy year of Racing for him.

    April
    1st-2nd: Brand Hatch Indy (BTCC)
    8th-9th: El Hassan, Morroco (WTCC)
    15th-16th: Donington Park (BTCC)
    29th-30th: Monza, Italy (WTCC)


    May
    6th-7th: Thruxton (BTCC)
    13th-14th: Hungaroring, Hungary (WTCC)
    20th-21st: Oulton Park (BTCC)
    26th-27th: Nurburgring Nordschleife, Germnay (WTCC)

    June
    10th-11th: Croft (BTCC)
    24th-25th: De Vila Real, Portugal (WTCC)

    July
    29th-30th: Snetterton (BTCC)

    August
    5th-6th: De Rio Hondo, Argentina (WTCC)
    12th-13th: Knockhill (BTCC)
    26th-27th: Rockingham (BTCC)

    September
    16th-17th: Silverstone (BTCC)

    October
    30th(Sept)-1st: Brands Hatch GP (BTCC)
    14th-15th: Shanghai, China (WTCC)
    28th-29th: Motegi, Japan (WTCC)

    November
    18th-19th: Macau (WTCC)

    December
    30th(Nov)-1st: Losali, Qatar (WTCC)

    -----------------------------------------------

    April and May are going to be very busy months for him, there will be only 1 weekend where he isn't racing during that time.

    The months of June and July aren't so bad. Though at the end of July, He will be racing in Snetterton one weekend, Travelling to Argentina the next then up to Scotland for Knockhill after that, that's going to be a busy 3 weeks.

    Though after Argentina he can pretty much focus on BTCC till the end of the season, then after Brands he has the rest of the long haul WTCC rounds.

    So the first half is pretty busy, but the 2nd half is a little more spread out.

    I'm sure he is more than capable of doing it but I still find it interesting to see what his year is looking like.


    Kind of impressive actually now both Series have avoided clashing at all this year, I think they gave up trying not to clash with Formula 1 weekends a long time ago.
    Yeh I'm wonder if he's gona get chance to do his hot wheels experiences his GTR still aswell that was side business for him or will he stop it?

  13. #373
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by cjslator View Post
    AmD Tuning - Audi S3 - O Jackson - TBC
    BMR Racing - Levorg GT - Scott - Plato - Turkington - Cole
    BTC Norlin Racing - Chevy Cruze - C Smiley - Newsham
    Ciceley Motorsport - A Class - A Morgan
    Eurotech Racing - Civic Type R - J Smith - M Depper
    Handy Motorsport - Avensis - Austin
    Laser Tools Racing - A Class - Moffatt
    Maximum Motorsport - Focus - S Lines
    Motorbase Performance - Focus - M Jackson - TBC - TBC
    Power Maxed Racing - Astra - Senna Proctor - Tom Chilton
    Simpson Racing - Civic Type R - M Simpson
    Speedworks Motorsport - Avensis - Tingram
    Team Dynamics Motorsport - Civic Type R - Shedden - Neal
    Team Hard Racing - VW CC's - Epps - Burns
    - TBC
    Team Parker Racing - Focus - TBC
    Triple Eight Race Engineering - MG6 GT - TBC - TBC
    WSR - 125i - A Jordan - TBC - TBC

    17 Confirmed - 15 to go

    2016 Drivers Unconfirmed or drivers who have hinted they might like to join:
    Colin Turkington
    Rob Collard
    Jack Goff
    Josh Cook
    Ashley Sutton
    Aron Smith
    Jake Hill
    Jeff Smith
    Hunter Abbott
    Daniel Lloyd
    Martin Depper
    Dan Welch
    James Cole
    Warren Scott
    Alex Martin
    Stewart Lines
    Kelvin Fletcher
    Michael Caine
    Tony Gilham
    Mark Howard

    Removed Lea Wood - Confirmed today to be pickup racing again.
    Removed Alex Martin from TPR
    Rob Austin confirmed - revealing at ASI
    Alex Martins stepped down to Porsches and no Dan Welch he's back 2018

  14. #374
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by simonmhill View Post
    Happy New BTCC Year folks!

    Not long till AUTOSPORT International (Jake will be on the Dunlop BTCC stand on Thursday and Friday I think) and then suddenly we'll be at BTCC Media Day and then Brands...can't wait!

    Firstly a big, big 'Thank you' to everyone for the kind words of support for Jake in 2016 and lovely comments re the job and the team did....really is hugely appreciated - do come and say 'hello' if you are at any races this year...

    Anyway, got some interesting developments and all will be revealed soon.

    Main reason I wanted to ask all of your opinions on Driver Merchandise - a bit of market research if you will......

    There's a possibility we may have someone who will put together some merchandise for Jake this season.

    Initial ideas are;

    T-Shirts (adults and kids - possibly a kind of cartoon version for kids)
    Hoodies....(again adults and kids)
    Cap
    Beanie
    Stickers (of the car and a #JH24 logo)
    Mug
    Sports Drink's bottle (copy of Jake's design)

    Maybe also putting together a #JH24 'Driver's Club' - to have access to coaching and/or passenger laps with Jake ...NOT a fan club as has done before....

    Thoughts on these ideas...

    Would be sold both at the circuit and on line....

    What do you reckon is the going rate price-wise....Making them a bit different, nice quality and of course at a sensible price...

    Thanks all!
    Sounds like a great idea Si,should have a look at team hards pricing or dreads for idea both reasonabley priced merchandise

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikk1 View Post
    Alex Martins stepped down to Porsches and no Dan Welch he's back 2018
    It says above that AM has been removed. I recall reading that DW wanted to race if a deal was available.

    I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •