Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 News, updates & rumours

2017 News, updates & rumours

Time for a new thread then (old one locked down, nice work to those involved).

Headline grabbing stuff to start with. Mark Howard is planning on coming back next year!?!? Let's hope he gets plenty of winter testing done.

Don't think Laser Tools & BKR will be so keen in running Subaru's next year, now they've had their adavantage pegged back!

I can't find anything on the Subarus being pegged back. Where can I find this?

Cheers
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Controversial originality since 1990

Quote Originally Posted by pagey318 View Post

Cheers
    Motorsport News, apparently all the other teams voted to bring in a performance balancing measure. Obviously BMR aren't happy but accept it's part of being in the BTCC.

Let's keep it civil this time.....

Let's be nice to one another, we all love the BTCC but motorsport fans have always been a bit more grown up than fans of other sports (usually involving balls and feet).

- Favourites are OK but there is no need to personally attack drivers or each other.
    - Opinions are like arses, everyone has one and everyone has a right to it, and a right to have it respected.

So on to Rumours (this one has no basis in fact at all, but it would be interesting). Moff and AJ to join forces in a Pirtek/Laser Tools team running Scooby Doos from BMR.

I can't see AJ in a scooby, or any RWD. With all his rallycross experience his biggest advantage is his reflex reactions to an on the edge FWD (obviously that's just my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbeard View Post
    I can't see AJ in a scooby, or any RWD. With all his rallycross experience his biggest advantage is his reflex reactions to an on the edge FWD (obviously that's just my opinion)
    But AJ's motor racing experience doesn't just come from BTCC and fwd rallycross, he has experience of 4wd rallycross and plenty of rwd racing too. He is pretty much an all rounder.

We did it this way last year

Team Dynamics Civic - Shedden & Neal Possibly a 3rd car?
    Eurotech Civic Depper and J Smith
    BMR Levorg Plato Turkington Scott - ????
    WSR 125i Collard Tordoff - ????
    Motorbase Focus M Jackson - ????
    PMR Cruze? - Abbott Newsham
    888 - MG? - Cook and Sutton
    Wix A Class? Morgan
    Laser A Class? Moffatt
    BKR CC? or Scooby A Smith M Howard
    AMD S3? O Jackson
    Team HARD (3x)Car and (3x)Drivers TBC?
    Handy Avensis Austin?

Honda - I'd be shocked and stunned to see a change (I know Matt Neal's retirement has been mooted but I hope not) - I'd also like to see them run the 3rd car but with a better driver this time.

BMR - Scott will remain - Cole didn't impress and to be fair he never has, BMR could get a better driver for that seat.

WSR - Would love to see Collard and Tordoff again - Goff didn't impress this year, but in 2015 he was great but probably deserves a 2nd pop at it.

Motorbase - will Jackson be there again, and who will be in the other one?

PMR - Abbott was driving well towards the end of the season, I'd like to see Newsham back in.

Wix and Laser - will the A Class get another run out? or will this partnership dissolve?

BKR - will they or won't they get 2 Scooby's? will Aron Smith stick around or finally get a top drive (like a 3rd Honda? - fingers crossed)

HARD - what are their new car plans? Who will drive?

888 - Given the trouble that MG Uk are in I would not be surprised to see their support disappear, that would be a shame as they were the surprise of the season and I'd like to see more of Cook and Sutton.

What will AJ, Pirtek and Red Bull do?

Motorbase; I'd personally like to see someone like Dan Cammish or Ant Whorton-Eales in the second car (budget permitting) - IF Mat is there, ideal driver to learn off plus would be quick enough to challenge him and assist a title push...

Quote Originally Posted by pagey318 View Post

Cheers
    What !!!!!!!! They couldn't get any slower in a straight line, they've got the biggest peg on them already !!!!!
    JP Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    What !!!!!!!! They couldn't get any slower in a straight line, they've got the biggest peg on them already !!!!!
    It's not going to be straight line speed, the pegging back is in relation to the centre of gravity with the boxer engine. TOCA haven't said what method would be used yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    It's not going to be straight line speed, the pegging back is in relation to the centre of gravity with the boxer engine. TOCA haven't said what method would be used yet.
    How is it that Motorsport News have this news, yet none of the other motorsport media outlets even mention it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mondeo2 View Post
    How is it that Motorsport News have this news, yet none of the other motorsport media outlets even mention it?
    It seems to be more rumour than news, otherwise I would of thought websites like TCT would also report it.

Quote Originally Posted by btcc1721 View Post
    It seems to be more rumour than news, otherwise I would of thought websites like TCT would also report it.
    The Article in MN read like fact otherwise I would of said 'it is rumoured' not ever known MN to be wrong, normally they are often the first to break stories.

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post
    We did it this way last year

Team Dynamics Civic - Shedden & Neal Possibly a 3rd car?
    Eurotech Civic Depper and J Smith
    BMR Levorg Plato Turkington Scott - ????
    WSR 125i Collard Tordoff - ????
    Motorbase Focus M Jackson - ????
    PMR Cruze? - Abbott Newsham
    888 - MG? - Cook and Sutton
    Wix A Class? Morgan
    Laser A Class? Moffatt
    BKR CC? or Scooby A Smith M Howard
    AMD S3? O Jackson
    Team HARD (3x)Car and (3x)Drivers TBC?
    Handy Avensis Austin?

Honda - I'd be shocked and stunned to see a change (I know Matt Neal's retirement has been mooted but I hope not) - I'd also like to see them run the 3rd car but with a better driver this time.

BMR - Scott will remain - Cole didn't impress and to be fair he never has, BMR could get a better driver for that seat.

WSR - Would love to see Collard and Tordoff again - Goff didn't impress this year, but in 2015 he was great but probably deserves a 2nd pop at it.

Motorbase - will Jackson be there again, and who will be in the other one?

PMR - Abbott was driving well towards the end of the season, I'd like to see Newsham back in.

Wix and Laser - will the A Class get another run out? or will this partnership dissolve?

BKR - will they or won't they get 2 Scooby's? will Aron Smith stick around or finally get a top drive (like a 3rd Honda? - fingers crossed)

HARD - what are their new car plans? Who will drive?

888 - Given the trouble that MG Uk are in I would not be surprised to see their support disappear, that would be a shame as they were the surprise of the season and I'd like to see more of Cook and Sutton.

What will AJ, Pirtek and Red Bull do?
    Chris Smiley out in his own car is a very strong possibility.This is not an unfounded rumor.

That's a bit unfair

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    isn't it? they go and attract a new manufacturer, run 4 cars (OK only 2 seriously) and get pegged back for taking advantage of how the manufacturers road cars is screwed together? seems a bit odd.

if their GofG is going to be messed with artificially then maybe they'd be as well running the TOCA Engine?