Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53

Thread: 2017 News, updates & rumours

Quote Originally Posted by mbwoy84 View Post
    Absolutely nothing.
    Well "Inside BTCC" just tweeted "Well that's a turn up for the books" Could there yet be a surprise with 4th BMR seat??

The 4th BMR driver is Josh Price... announced by BMR on their website today. He was in Clios (with BMR) last year and had been announced as returning to that series for 2017 too, but seems he has now been promoted.

So, no Mark Howard. You can all relax now

Despite being confirmed for the Clio Cup, Josh Price has been promoted into BMRs 4th seat after a sponsor came on board that could help fund it
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Controversial originality since 1990

So Price takes the final Subaru seat, will be ibter sting to see how he does. It certainly can't be any worse than certain other names being rumoured to have been in the seat
    Sick of censorship.

So all the old favourites are back, with a plentiful helping of young up and comers (and not too many rich guys with lower skill levels).

New cars too.

Going to be a good year?

Lovely

Best grid we have seen in years....

Delighted not to have the Facepalm moment we all though was coming.

So who will win the JST this year?

Some good looking cars on the grid this year. Big fan of the Ciceley Merc livery is nice and the car looks mean. Same for the Vauxhall car looks great livery's alright. VW's great looking car livery could do with some working. Hondas look good in the black livery but with black wheels as well i'm not a fan of but that could easliy change throughout the season. Motorbase Fords look great as always... their (to quote Matt Neal) "spongebob" livery i'm not 100% sold. The Levorg... not a fan and taking into consideration their a factory entry I find the livery dull and uninspired. The BM's look good but I prefer AJ's livery to the factory boys. The Chevy car dosn't look bad but not a fan of the liv, it looked better under the PMR liv. The Audi's look great I would say they are the best looking NGTC Audis we have seen so far. Not a massive fan of the Toyota's this year i'm a big fan of Tingrum but liv could be better. The MG's imo same old same old.
    Last edited by Mogwaii; 18th Mar 2017 at 12:01 AM.

Warren Scott has won his first British Rallycross event! Good on him!
    Supporting Sussex's very own Jolyon Palmer in F1
    Good Old Sussex By The Sea

Vauxhall back in the BTCC could not be happier

Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    Warren Scott has won his first British Rallycross event! Good on him!
    Obviously happier on a different track surface, well done.

Anyone else get the impression there was some major sandbagging going on at Donington?

Good to see Tingram blazing a trail, but I reckon the big boys were holding a lot back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwaii View Post
    Some good looking cars on the grid this year. Big fan of the Ciceley Merc livery is nice and the car looks mean. Same for the Vauxhall car looks great livery's alright. VW's great looking car livery could do with some working. Hondas look good in the black livery but with black wheels as well i'm not a fan of but that could easliy change throughout the season. Motorbase Fords look great as always... their (to quote Matt Neal) "spongebob" livery i'm not 100% sold. The Levorg... not a fan and taking into consideration their a factory entry I find the livery dull and uninspired. The BM's look good but I prefer AJ's livery to the factory boys. The Chevy car dosn't look bad but not a fan of the liv, it looked better under the PMR liv. The Audi's look great I would say they are the best looking NGTC Audis we have seen so far. Not a massive fan of the Toyota's this year i'm a big fan of Tingrum but liv could be better. The MG's imo same old same old.
    I think the cars are all looking good, except the Subarus. ...and the best NGTC Audi was the Wix-one from Austin
    ...and to the factory backed teams (as seen in other posts): Seems like BMW are the only team with no real need of an extern sponsor. Just BMW protection and Allianz (a company they cooperate for years with). OK: There are a few smaller stickers, but I think you can see who puts a lot (when not the most) money in.
    On the BMW motorsport website, BTCC is not mentioned yet. It is just said in the news section, that WSR is running three cars this year...

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

Quote Originally Posted by scurcic5 View Post
    Anyone else get the impression there was some major sandbagging going on at Donington?

Good to see Tingram blazing a trail, but I reckon the big boys were holding a lot back.
    Well, I think that is how it is. Every year and in every series.

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

Quote Originally Posted by klaus View Post
    ..and the best NGTC Audi was the Wix-one from Austin
    Sorry klaus that completely slipped my mind I stand corrected! that was an awesome livery.