Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: 2017 News, updates & rumours

Aron smith said in an interview the other day he will be in a car that won races last year... maybe him in the TPR Focus? That Focus is identical to the ones Motorbase run so technically is a race winning car
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Controversial originality since 1990

Quote Originally Posted by pagey318 View Post
    Aron smith said in an interview the other day he will be in a car that won races last year... maybe him in the TPR Focus? That Focus is identical to the ones Motorbase run so technically is a race winning car
    I reckon he might be in one of the MG's if Sutton goes to BMR, as Warren Scott has influence at 888. Expecting a few more seats to be announced this week as there are quite a few deals done but not announced yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-Tech View Post
    I reckon he might be in one of the MG's if Sutton goes to BMR, as Warren Scott has influence at 888. Expecting a few more seats to be announced this week as there are quite a few deals done but not announced yet!
    I'd like to see Warren Scott step back from driving and put some Talent in the cars....
    • Car No 1 - will be Plato
    • Car No2 - Hopefully Aron Smith
    • Car No3 - Hopefully Ash Sutton or Josh Cook
    • Car No4 - Likely to be James Cole though I hope not.

If Warren chooses to drive then it's his team and fair play to him, but if he could put the actual team boss back on the pit wall (As said by CT) then it could whip the team into shape a bit, and the car he vacates will probably go a wee bit quicker.

Jack Goff in at Eurotech...

Never saw that coming!!
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Decent move for Goff - can see him doing well in the Civic.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Decent move for Goff - can see him doing well in the Civic.
    Good Driver Good Car Bad Team

Quote Originally Posted by pagey318 View Post
    Jack Goff in at Eurotech...

Never saw that coming!!
    It was rumoured a while back but seemed to go quiet, very pleased to see Eurotech putting a quick young race winner in that potent car! Let's hope Jack can make the most of it.

The Grid latest

AmD Tuning - Audi S3 - O Jackson - A Whorton-Eales
    BMR Racing - Levorg GT - TBC - Plato - TBC - TBC
    BTC Norlin Racing - Chevy Cruze - C Smiley - Newsham
    Ciceley Motorsport - A Class - A Morgan
    Eurotech Racing - Civic Type R - J Smith - J Goff
    Handy Motorsport - Avensis - Austin
    Laser Tools Racing - A Class - Moffatt

Maximum Motorsport - Focus - TBC
    Motorbase Performance - Focus - M Jackson - Depper - Davenport
    Power Maxed Racing - Astra - Senna Proctor - Tom Chilton
    Simpson Racing - Civic Type R - M Simpson
    Speedworks Motorsport - Avensis - Tingram
    Team Dynamics Motorsport - Civic Type R - Shedden - Neal
    Team Hard Racing - VW CC's - Epps - Burns
    - TBC
    Team Parker Racing - Focus - TBC
    Triple Eight Race Engineering - MG6 GT - TBC - TBC
    WSR - 125i - A Jordan - TBC - TBC

I make that 22 seats taken - 10 remaining....

If what I've read elsewhere is correct only 4 seats actually up for grabs, all the other deals are done but not announced apparently.

That would fit with some people's confidence in what they can achieve this year, both Ash Sutton & Aron Taylor-Swift (sorry can't help but call him that now) knowing they'll be in race winning machinery!

TG has also stated the 3rd HARD driver is signed too, so if Lines is driving his own car, now Goff is at Eurotech options are getting slim!

Interesting article about Collard & WSR, Bennett's basically saying Rob has cheaper options but can have a drive if he stumps up the required cash!

I hope Jack Goff does well and can be a regular at the front of the grid. He's been around a while now and in some pretty good cars and hasn't set the world on fire in any of them. If he doesn't perform this season, will people start to ask questions?
    Celebrating 20 years of btcc watching

Quote Originally Posted by adzerrancoon View Post
    I hope Jack Goff does well and can be a regular at the front of the grid. He's been around a while now and in some pretty good cars and hasn't set the world on fire in any of them. If he doesn't perform this season, will people start to ask questions?
    This is my take on James Cole, last year he didn't seem much quicker than Warren Scott and seeing what the cars were capable of in the hands of CT and JP. I reckon it's time he was off.

Goff was very good in the MG in 2015, quite good in the BMW but big shoes to fill following Priaulx. The Eurotech Civic is ****** fast in the right hands so if he doesn't perform well in it it won't bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by adzerrancoon View Post
    He has only been around for 3 years or so, and I wouldn't say he has been in some pretty good cars, hes been in one good car. 2013 he joined and was driving an Insignia, reported to be a right dog of a car. Out performed the car at Brands in last race of the season after a favourable grid draw.

2014, started in the Insignia and jumped into a Passatt CC, which they were still getting to grips with and trying to get a decent set up on the car. The CC wasn't necessarily a good car until JP and Turks jumped in them with their engineers. I recall Aron Smith having some good results in it, but thats about it.

2015, manufacturer driver for MG... Which, despite taking his maiden win, was a bit of a naff car. Both him and Jordan struggled with the car, Goff probably getting along better in it. It wasn't until the car had new parts fitted for last season that it really came alive.

2016, BMW. This is where I think people come to judge. AP, CT, RC, ST have all proven the car is a good car. But JG never really got on top of it despite a solid start at Brands and decent results at Knockhill...

Hopefully, in what we all believe to be a good car, he will improve on his wins tally this year. But I do believe he has a future in the BTCC whatever happens this season. He is a sponsors dream, well spoken and gets all his sponsors into his interviews...
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Always been impressed with Jack Goff. His first two cars weren't good cars by any stretch of the imagination. Then he joined MG and thought he outshone his more experienced team mate there, who only seemed to moan about the car.

People are saying they were disappointed with his performance for WSR overall, but for his first season in a RWD touring car and in a team of three drivers where he was always likely to considered the "third" driver I think he did just fine.

The Eurotech Honda should be quick, and like Dan Lloyd did at times, should take it higher up the grid than it's been used to being. I think Jeff Smith is a good mid-order driver and thought Depper was ok too, but Goff should elevate the status of the team and I think that will help Jeff Smith to creep up the order a little too as it has done in the past when he's had a quicker team mate.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    Good Driver Good Car Bad Team
    Yeh, they've only won the title once.....

Quote Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
    Yeh, they've only won the title once.....
    What nonsense are talking about the team then and know are very different.They may have the same name but not the same people.