Thread: 3/8 Scale Prodrive BTCC Mondeo

3/8 Scale Prodrive BTCC Mondeo

Hi everyone,

I'm after some help and advice. I recently purchased a 3/8 scale model of Alain Menu's 2000 BTCC Mondeo (see below pictures). I love the model but it's just too big to display at home; ideally I don't want to sell it but I would like to offer it out on loan to a museum or organisation who will display it. I've tried lots of motoring museums (pretty much all of the main UK museums, including the Donington collection) and nobody seems to have the space for it. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions as to where else I could try?

The history of the model is that it was built by Prodrive as a wind tunnel model and used in the development of the BTCC car's aero at the Jordan F1 factory. It's made chiefly from carbon fibre and painted in the actual paint used for the real cars. Five of these models were made in total; one was presented to each of the three drivers at the end of the season, I believe one is still owned by Prodrive (see picture from their museum) and I unearthed this final one recently.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

01.jpg05.jpg07.jpg08.jpg

No advice or suggestions im afraid (other than maybe keep it in the house in a space that is already taken; maybe replace a coffee table for example with a box made of glass or clear perspex, with the car mounted inside. Or mounted horizontally on a wall or the sloping ceiling over the stairs. Not a great soloution by any means), but just wanted to say what a fantastic talking point that model is. It would be very tacky to ask how much you paid, so i wont, but whatever it was it was money well spent! I imagine most of us here are rather jealous, i know i certainly am.

Thank you, it's a lovely model and very well made! And thank you for your suggestions, it may well come to displaying it properly at home if I can't find somewhere to take it. I paid a fairly nominal sum for it not knowing exactly where it had come from, but when I examined it I could see the standard of work that had been put into it. My research led me to Prodrive who confirmed all of the details and sent me a letter of authenticity to keep with it