Thread: James Thompson

James Thompson

Highly rated. I have watched the BTCC since 95 and he was obviously one of the first real youngsters that broke through and got a factory drive when that was very difficult to do so. Lately tho i must say i dont know what has been going on. Does he just like to party now and has given up pretty much on motorsport?

One of the best in the business but seems to have a lot of fall outs with teams and i am wondering if his heart was really in it lately?

Partly because of his lackness of sponsors since 2005,and actually he still did decently with that uncompetitive Lada Granta in 2013.Maybe he thought it's not worth it to drive an uncompetitive car in WTCC while also can't find better seats in other championships.Or maybe he just had enough and doesn't have the passion for racing.

Maybe he wants to come home
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Controversial originality since 1990

Dont think its lack of sponsors as such as he has always been a works driver. With volvo, alfa seat and so on. And in his btcc times he never brought personal sponsorship

Maybe sponsors would stop him getting a btcc drive as he cant bring any personal funding.

Steve neal was a massive fan of him but am not sure now with his partying days going on that we would see him in a works honda.

I think he may have lost the drive for racing

Thommo will be in the next round of the WTCC.

Excellent

here's hoping he sticks it to Lada big style....