Thread: Best BTCC Race After Supertouring

Best BTCC Race After Supertouring

As you can tell this is my first thread i have created it as i want to hear the different views on what is the best BTCC race after the Supertouring era if you asked me it would the 2009 finale when CT won the title in that dramatic race.

Good thread.

For me... either the '04 finale when Jimmy T took his second title or race 3 at Donny this year.

Could also have said Rockingham '13 when Rob Austin won his first race...

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_astra View Post
    Good thread.

For me... either the '04 finale when Jimmy T took his second title or race 3 at Donny this year.

Could also have said Rockingham '13 when Rob Austin won his first race...
    I agree the 04 finale was good aswell especially with the Plato & Muller battle adding a bit more dramatics to the fact that Thompson won the title by the fastest lap point and it could of changed at any moment Donny 15 race 3 is up there I agree on that aswell

The final race of 2009.

Of all the Touring Car races I have ever watched live, this is still one of the most nerve whacking ever.

I really wanted Turks to win it and would have happily settled for a boring race just to guarantee it.

Far from it, it was a 16 lap race but it might as well have been a 24 hour race.

Even now when I go back to the race I'm like "NO" when Tim Harvey goes, look Colin's got a problem.

I know the result but my heart is still in my mouth.
    Last edited by Eunos; 26th Nov 2015 at 02:33 PM.

2012 BTCC Predictions Champion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eunos View Post
    The final race of 2009.

Of all the Touring Car races I have ever watched live, this is still one of the most nerve whacking ever.

I really wanted Turks to win it and would have happily settled for a boring race just to guarantee it.

Far from it, it was a 16 lap race but it might as well have been a 24 hour race.

Even now when I go back to the race I'm like "NO" when Tim Harvey goes, look Colin's got a problem.

I know the result but my heart is still in my mouth.
    There is something about the whole 2009 season that i have a big soft spot for I still think it was one of the best seasons after 2000 7 winners in the first 7 seven races too.

2009 season finale for me is the best without contention,Turkington really fought extremely hard to achive his first ever title,with both Gio and Plato pushing harder than ever.2001 and 2004 finale comes joint second for me,both great and intense battle,one is strategical and the other one is filled with close cotact.Huff's first ever BTCC victory is third for me,that last lap was the most thrilling one in post Supertouring era and Huff earned that win deservely.

Id have to say any of the following...

09 final race. The first two races of that event were as dull as ditchwater, but the final was a very tense affair.

2004 final race. Again, very tense and very close with the championship being in doubt right till the chequered flag, James bagging it with a bonus point and Jason doing everything he could to scupper Yvans chances and win the final round.

2015 final race. Just the expectation of "can they do it" applying to both Jason and Gordon. It started lookibg like Jason had it in his pocket. Moreso with the saftey cars leaving Gordon less and less laps to get into position. Then from mid race the balance shifted.....great tension.
    @psq43 , rather obviously.