20th Feb 2016, 07:32 PM
Current confirmed driver numbers are:
Clio Cup: 20
MSA Formula: 15
Ginetta Juniors: 16
Porsche CCGB: 23
Ginetta Supercup: 9
Plenty to still be announced across the series as well.
23rd Mar 2016, 07:42 PM
ENTRY LIST: 2016 Renault UK Clio Cup
No. Driver (NAT), Hometown, Team
1. Mike Bushell (GBR), Tunbridge Wells, Kent, Team Pyro
3. Ollie Pidgley (GBR), Salisbury, Wilts, Ciceley Motorsport
7. Sam Watkins (GBR), Swansea, Glamorgan, 20Ten Racing
8. Luke Kidsley (GBR), Duston, Northants, JamSport Racing
10. Ant Whorton-Eales (GBR), Lichfield, Staffs, JamSport with AWE Motorsport
11. Anton Spires (GBR), Buckingham, PP Motorsport
13. Rory Collingbourne (GBR), Newport, Gwent, Team Cooksport
20. Paul Plant (GBR), Copthorne, West Sussex, Vanquish Motorsport with WDE
22. Paul Rivett (GBR), Epsom Downs, Surrey, WDE Motorsport
23. Charles Ladell (GBR), Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, WDE Motorsport
24. George Jackson (GBR), Bedford, Team Cooksport
26. Paul Streather (GBR), Hinckley, Leics, Finesse Motorsport/Paul Streather
28. Josh Price (GBR), Redbourn, Herts, Team Pyro
32. Daniel Rowbottom (GBR), Kidderminster, Worcs, Team EcoMotive with DRM
44. David Dickenson (IRL), Wicklow, Co Wicklow, Team Pyro
45. Dan Zelos (GBR), Dereham, Norfolk, Ciceley Motorsport
46. Lee Pattison (GBR), Scholes, West Yorkshire, Team Cooksport
50. Graham Field (GBR), Southwell, Notts, JamSport Racing
55. Tom Butler (GBR), Derby, 20Ten Racing
63. Rory Green (GBR), Hildenborough, Kent, WDE Motorsport
66. Senna Proctor (GBR), Driffield, East Riding of Yorks, Team BMR with Pyro
71. Max Coates (GBR), Scorton, North Yorkshire, Ciceley Motorsport
99. Darren Johnson (GBR), Kidderminster, Worcs, Team Pyro
24th Mar 2016, 01:45 PM
Is MSA Formula being renamed to FIA F4?
Would have made sense with BRDC F4 becoming British F3.
25th Mar 2016, 11:01 AM
I'd hope to see it named "FIA British Formula 4" .... But considering they've renamed it to "Ford MSA Formula" this year, I imagine Ford and MSA would want their names in their somewhere.
Originally Posted by btcc1721
"FIA MSA Ford British Formula 4" just doesn't work though sadly.
26th Mar 2016, 05:31 PM
That's a really competitive looking Clio Cup grid, and it could yet be bigger still - JamSport previously announced two more drivers in Tom Grundy and Scott Robertson (runner-up in the Fiesta championship in 2015), while Jake Giddings might also be in with Finesse after going third quickest in the media day test.
In fact, all the support series look pretty solid in terms of entries - I was concerned about the Ginetta Supercup in particular, but even they seem to have put together a reasonable sized grid - as it stands:
Ginetta Juniors - 23
Ginetta GT4 Supercup - 18
Porsche Carrera Cup - 20
MSA Formula - 20
Renault Clio Cup - 23
26th Mar 2016, 06:20 PM
Giddings is racing British GT again this year and was merely testing a car for the family team.
Originally Posted by motormouth_33
Grid numbers wise, Juniors are at 22 and Porsche at 25.
26th Mar 2016, 08:05 PM
Ah OK - I'm don't follow British GT, so wouldn't have picked up on that - probably just reading too much into the press release (as usual!) where they said he had unfinished business in the Clios
Originally Posted by ManorBARC
You might be right on the Juniors - think I read somewhere that one of the entries was only doing selected rounds, so it may well be 22 - but couldn't find an official list for the Porsches, so (perhaps unwisely) based that figure on the amount of drivers listed on Wikipedia...
27th Mar 2016, 09:15 PM
There was one doing the rounds following media day, but can't remember where I saw it. Had 25 names on mind, with the likes of Zamparelli and Baxster on there.
Originally Posted by motormouth_33