Thread: Plato's Short WTCC Career

Plato's Short WTCC Career

Yes...I'm a die hard Plato fan,not meant for any war this time.

I really can't find too much resources about Plato's very short WTCC career which happend in 2005,the only thing I know is he is driving a spare Toledo alongside Rydell and took a overall 2nd at Silverstone.Which interestets me is that Muller also drove for SEAT and moved to WTCC quickly while Plato didn't and chose to stay in BTCC,why would make him make che choice to drive in UK other than the world?

I seem to recall that he said at the time that racing in the WTCC would mean spending too much time outside of the UK. Partly that meant being away from his family and partly that meant not being able to continue with his TV presenter job.

Quote Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
    I seem to recall that he said at the time that racing in the WTCC would mean spending too much time outside of the UK. Partly that meant being away from his family and partly that meant not being able to continue with his TV presenter job.
    Hmm,that sounds reasonable.

Actually I'm really keen to see what he can achieve in WTCC had he gone down that route,not too bad for his first ever WTCC tryout and if he wants to stay,SEAT would probably give him a seat.

Yeah, I asked him once at Autosport International and he said that was the case, too long away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by btcc1721 View Post
    Yeah, I asked him once at Autosport International and he said that was the case, too long away from home.
    Actually I'd like to see him competing more at global championships like WTCC,but BTCC is an extremely good playing ground for him as well.Just wondering what he can achieve had he gone for WTCC.

He wouldn't like it. The WTCC is a ****** procession. He's a racer.
    Supporting everyone on the grid in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mattbtcc View Post
    He wouldn't like it. The WTCC is a ****** procession. He's a racer.
    Hmmm might be like that,but he also played team game at Silverstone to block the whole field up behind and helped Rydell to win,but yes he might got tired of that,he also said that before.

WTCC is boring. I think he would run at the front in a good car. He is a world class touring car racer.

This coming from someone who is not a plato fan, far from it.