Thread: 2009-The last time we got this much different race winners

2009-The last time we got this much different race winners

With Jackson taking his first ever win of the season,we already had 10 different winners this season,I think this is the record of BTCC?Really showed the competion level of this season and the effect of new rules.

The closest time we had this much winners I think is 2009?That was a close season as well,and the title battle is as close as ever.Rockingham is also the first ever time that Jackson got a pole since Silverstone round in 2009,both are exciting seasons!

Quote Originally Posted by B21993 View Post
    With Jackson taking his first ever win of the season,we already had 10 different winners this season,I think this is the record of BTCC?Really showed the competion level of this season and the effect of new rules.

The closest time we had this much winners I think is 2009?That was a close season as well,and the title battle is as close as ever.Rockingham is also the first ever time that Jackson got a pole since Silverstone round in 2009,both are exciting seasons!
    Wasn't 2014 the record with 11 race winners?

JP
    Tordoff
    Turkington
    Collard
    Mat J
    Flash
    Neal
    Jordan
    Austin
    Morgan
    Aron Smith

Who else is likely to be a "new" winner this season though? AJ's still not won this season and Silverstone should give him a decent opportunity.

Reverse grids could hand opportunities to the likes of Ingram, the Power Maxed boys or Aron Smith...

It could happen...
    David Leslie, Silverstone 1997: "This is David, Bintcliffe's done it again and the car's f***ed..."

Quote Originally Posted by F50Kid View Post
    Who else is likely to be a "new" winner this season though? AJ's still not won this season and Silverstone should give him a decent opportunity.

Reverse grids could hand opportunities to the likes of Ingram, the Power Maxed boys or Aron Smith...

It could happen...
    Silverstone should give Smith a great chance, and of course you can never rule out AJ.

I would also add Austin to the list as well, especially at BH.

you do have to remember though that quite a few of these winners are thanks to reverse grids (though not all obviously)
    Celebrating 20 years of btcc watching

Quote Originally Posted by btcc1721 View Post
    I would also add Austin to the list as well, especially at BH.
    Not too sure about that, the Audi has never really gone well around the GP circuit. I think Austin's best chance for a win this season was Knockhill or Rockingham.
    David Leslie, Silverstone 1997: "This is David, Bintcliffe's done it again and the car's f***ed..."

Quote Originally Posted by F50Kid View Post
    Not too sure about that, the Audi has never really gone well around the GP circuit. I think Austin's best chance for a win this season was Knockhill or Rockingham.
    Yes,the A4 was indeed struggling when it comes to pace and I can see why Austin really want to develop a new car for next season,maybe the potential on Sherman was used up.

Quote Originally Posted by adzerrancoon View Post
    you do have to remember though that quite a few of these winners are thanks to reverse grids (though not all obviously)
    But this is also what reverse grid was about,to bring the uncertian element into races and create new winners,it works well.

But this is also what reverse grid was about,to bring the uncertian element into races and create new winners,it works well.
    This is true, but it's a false statistic
    Celebrating 20 years of btcc watching

Here's some useless info.

The most race winners in a season in the SuperTouring days is 9. 1993, 98, 99 and 2000....the Pit-Stop format did work then.
    "Apparently David Bartrum was painting the garage wall during race 1 and by the end it was dry..." - Tim Harvey, Oulton Park 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    Here's some useless info.

The most race winners in a season in the SuperTouring days is 9. 1993, 98, 99 and 2000....the Pit-Stop format did work then.
    Definitely,Hoy's last ever BTCC win was because of his choice of not to pit in for wet tires in wet Silverstone.but does that make races more exciting?Not always.

Definitely,Hoy's last ever BTCC win was because of his choice of not to pit in for wet tires in wet Silverstone.but does that make races more exciting?Not always.

I thought that race was very exciting. I don't know how much of it is shown on the season review, as I still have it in it's entirity recorded from Grandstand on VHS.
    "Apparently David Bartrum was painting the garage wall during race 1 and by the end it was dry..." - Tim Harvey, Oulton Park 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    I thought that race was very exciting. I don't know how much of it is shown on the season review, as I still have it in it's entirity recorded from Grandstand on VHS.
    Luckily I was able to find some old tapes of Grandstand as well,and yes,some swift pit stops like Williams and TWR did made thing much more interesting,but during 2000 I didn't see too much entertainment made by them,possibly because of cars are much harder to slipstream and overtake back then,but pit stops was made in the age when manufacturers can invest loads of money into BTCC,and in 2001 the pit stop really can't bring too much excitement anymore.And I'm happy to see TOCA and Gow bringing all sprint format back in 2004 and introduce reverse grid,that season was really filled with contacts and battles.