Thread: Tom Onslow-Cole

Tom Onslow-Cole

Does anybody know what Tom Onslow-Cole is upto this season? I know he raced in British GT's last season and hasn't been in the BTCC since the end of 2013, but I haven't seen anything to clarify what (or if) he is racing in 2015.

Maybe I've missed something and somebody could clear things up. Just a little curiosity on my part. Thanks.

From his most recent tweet he is about to drive a 500hp V8 powered Focus to compete an endurance race.

Quote Originally Posted by B21993 View Post
    From his most recent tweet he is about to drive a 500hp V8 powered Focus to compete an endurance race.
    Ah twitter, the one great bane of my life.

Do you know if it's a one-off race or a full campaign in a series with that Ford Focus? It would be a shame if he's gone from being a BTCC regular to a bit-part driver in the space of a few years.

Thanks for enlightening me a little though mate. Much appreciated.

The MARC Focus is in this weekend's Britcar 24hrs at Silverstone, which is stand-alone event. He has been racing in the Creventic endurance events for Ram Racing, don't know if that will be for the remaining events as well.

I believe he's also doing driver coaching for one of the Ginetta Juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
    The MARC Focus is in this weekend's Britcar 24hrs at Silverstone, which is stand-alone event. He has been racing in the Creventic endurance events for Ram Racing, don't know if that will be for the remaining events as well.

Ah okay, I'm glad he's still driving in some capacity. Trawling through the internet brought up nothing, and I couldn't access his personal website (whether that was down to the site or my browser, I'm unsure.)

The driver coaching aspect should keep him in touch with drivers, teams, people in the know too.

Thanks for shedding further light on it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

Plus Aiden Moffat.

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_astra View Post
    Plus Aiden Moffat.
    Tom's input might be rubbing off, considering Moffat's performance last weekend.

He may be a 'bit-part' racer now but he's getting paid!
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by andyneate View Post
    Hi guys, unsubstantiated nonsense BORK BORK BORK

Quote Originally Posted by SendInTheToops View Post
    He may be a 'bit-part' racer now but he's getting paid!
    I can't drive at all, so getting paid or not he's already got one over on me.

TOC is competing in the 24H series with Ram Racing - incorporating the Dubai, Paul Ricard and Barcelona 24 Hour races and 12 Hours of Mugello, Zandvoort and Brno.

Quote Originally Posted by ManorBARC View Post
    TOC is competing in the 24H series with Ram Racing - incorporating the Dubai, Paul Ricard and Barcelona 24 Hour races and 12 Hours of Mugello, Zandvoort and Brno.
    I think a few years ago he said that he wanted to get into sportscars. A year of British GT's and now he's heading into endurance racing, it seems as though his wishes are being fulfilled.

Having said that though, I'd love to have him back in the BTCC. I don't know if he'd win a championship but I think he'd be competitive. He's won in both FWD and RWD in the past so he's adaptable.

He's a very good endurance driver, he has done well at the Creventic series, and hopefully he could get a ELMS or WEC drive next season. He's being paid for what he is doing, and if he is doing well, so be it! It sounds bad, but the BTCC has no big loss if he isn't there - the money isn't in it for Pro drivers anymore, what is a shame but oh well!
    Dan Marr - Motorsport Journalist (amongst the many other things I seem to do)
    mixcloud.com/danmarr14
    twitter.com/danmarr14