Thread: BTC-T,the toughest specification?

BTC-T,the toughest specification?

When going through the old videos of 2001-2006 season,I found those BTC-T spec cars were very tough,thus allowed drivers to have more contact on track than the old Super Touring days and the Super 2000 days later on.And when compared to Super 2000 cars this seemed to be true as well,for example Matt Neal's Integra took a lot of hits in 2005 and 2006,but he could still finish nearly all the races with points,one example is the last lap of Knockhill R2 in 2006 when he was T-boned by 3 cars but still walked away while Plato only hit by one car but lost a wheel!What caused that happen?

ye i noticed they could take quite a battering. its a shame the BTC-T spec didnt survive very long cus i quite liked the look of them. dont think it worked quite so well with the ep civic. the kit made it look a bit busy like a saxo with a huge body kit on.

the astra coupe was a very nice touring car. the MG ZS looked quite cool too. i dont think the lexus fit iin well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Btcc_Dan View Post
    the astra coupe was a very nice touring car.
    I think it's definitely a contender for best looking BTCC car of all time.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by andyneate View Post
    Hi guys, unsubstantiated nonsense BORK BORK BORK

Quote Originally Posted by SendInTheToops View Post
    That's indeed a good looking car,even the road legal version made by 888 looked cool as well.

For me the most eye-catching part of BTC-T cars are the tall and wide spoilers they had,though aerodynamically not so useful,but surely made all BTC-T cars much more badass when compared to S2000s!

Quote Originally Posted by SendInTheToops View Post
    I'd say the Team Dynamics Teggy was more of a looker But really, there were very few BTC-spec cars that were ugly, I'd say just the Peugeot 307 was really the only blight.
    David Leslie, Silverstone 1997: "This is David, Bintcliffe's done it again and the car's f***ed..."

Quote Originally Posted by F50Kid View Post
    I'd say the Team Dynamics Teggy was more of a looker But really, there were very few BTC-spec cars that were ugly, I'd say just the Peugeot 307 was really the only blight.
    Yes,that Integra looked very mean and fast,and indeed it's really quick and tough.That's one of my favorite car in post Super Touring era,and another one is S2000-spec Leon,which is also looks sexy.

Shame that 307 never showed its potential though,I remember that one was desingned by F1 designer Sergio Rinland,and did not bad in 03' season.

Definitely the MG Xpower was the best looking BTC spec car for me. The black and neon green was cool not to mention hot wheels flames!

4284704288_1969d8276f.jpg

edit. God, how the heck do you make a picture show on a post here!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gustuso; 20th Feb 2015 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustuso View Post
    Definitely the MG Xpower was the best looking BTC spec car for me. The black and neon green was cool not to mention hot wheels flames!

4284704288_1969d8276f.jpg

edit. God, how the heck do you make a picture show on a post here!
    the ZS should have been rear wheel to go with that V6.