Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BTCC Scalextric

BTCC Scalextric

There are few btcc cars in the scalextric sets so here is a thread that let's you give all your ideas and thoughts etc forward and someday one person may make more.

If they released a BTCC themed set I'd buy it

Your wishes have come true (more or less).

http://www.btcc.net/2015/12/16/btcc-...c-join-forces/

Now, if i could just convince the wife that between her 32 year old husband and our baby due in June, lies the perfect age for a Scalextric set, Christmas could be a good 'un....

my wife has said if a btcc set comes out she wouldnt go mad at me buying it.

I think she would at 500

(especially seeing as i would buy the bmr car as well)
    ''i'm going for first says Clelland, he'll have to pass a lot of cars to get there'' Murray Walker

I could very well see myself going for one of the 85 quid sets.

I wonder if there'll be an official Scalextric stall at races next year?
    David Leslie, Silverstone 1997: "This is David, Bintcliffe's done it again and the car's f***ed..."

I may have missed something here, but why is that set priced at 500? If you get 4 cars worth 40 each that puts the track at 360?

No idea Chris but it does make for good publicity, now they just need a Xbox and PS4 game
    BTCC = My Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Chris05 View Post
    I may have missed something here, but why is that set priced at 500? If you get 4 cars worth 40 each that puts the track at 360?
    X See me after class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondeo2 View Post
    X See me after class.
    sorry, 340!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris05 View Post
    A standard Scalextric car is 40 each, but these will be digital cars (where you can have 6 cars on the same two lane (or more) track at the same time). The digital chips retail for another 13 each.

So that leaves 288 to cover the Arc Air Pro powerbase, which will be the top of the range powerbase, with four wireless controllers and the ability to connect to an Apple or Andriod device to control the racing. This is yet to be released but I would expect it to retail at circa 150 minimum (on its own) without the 4 controllers which would be a further 40. Which leaves 98 to cover a lot of track.

Generally sets work out really good value, hence why people split and sell on eBay as there is an immediate profit in it.

Given that the set looks like the only way to get the Jordan Pirtek MG6, Collard BMW and Turkington VW expect people to buy sets and split so that they can sell these at a premium.

As well as a massive BTCC fan I also collect Scalextric cars so I know how these things will pan out.

In that case, a question..... if you have more than one car on the same lane, how are overtakes possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Urinal2001 View Post
    In that case, a question..... if you have more than one car on the same lane, how are overtakes possible?
    its a feature of the 'digital' tracks. not sure how but its one of their selling points
    ''i'm going for first says Clelland, he'll have to pass a lot of cars to get there'' Murray Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Urinal2001 View Post
    There are numerious types of cross over tracks. So from following a car on the same lane, cross over to the other lane, get in front and cross back to the original lane.
    John Cleland - "Jason Plato's a fecking animal"

I still have my Scalextric BTCC Mondeos and Sierras, good to see they are introducing some more Sierras. I also see a new RS200 livery, I wonder if it will be 4wd like the others were.

Quote Originally Posted by Keif View Post
    There are numerious types of cross over tracks. So from following a car on the same lane, cross over to the other lane, get in front and cross back to the original lane.
    ...need to mention that you can choose the lane on the cross over parts by pressing a button on the joystick

BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !