Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: We want a BTCC computer game!!

Quote Originally Posted by dhumph View Post
    No F1 has it's own channel. I respect your POV but unfortunately BTCC is way down in the list in terms of popularity compared with Football, Rugby, Cricket, F1, and even Boxing.

...and Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by dhumph View Post
    I respect your POV but unfortunately BTCC is way down in the list in terms of popularity compared with Football, Rugby, Cricket, F1, and even Boxing.
    Very true.

For those of you who can be bothered to check the top ten programs for each channel for each week are available on the BARB website.

Week ending 1st April - BTCC (Brand Hatch) was the 3rd most popular program on ITV4 with 290k viewers behind Octopussy (341k) and umpteenth showing of 'An Audience with Billy Connolly' (501k)

Week ending 15th April - BTCC (Donington) doesn't even feature in ITV4's top ten, which is made up of Premier League cricket and Rocky / Lethal Weapon / Death Wish movies. 10th place got 276k viewers.

Week ending 29th April - BTCC (Thruxton) was ITV4's top show with 379k viewers. I suspect that was in part down to the bad weather with people staying and watching the TV rather than going outside.

Week ending 10th Jun (Oulton) - no figures available for ITV4. However for those who suggested that the tennis could have been shunted to ITV3 note that re-runs of 'Rosemary and Thyme' and 'Lewis' that were on at that time got 650k+ viewers, whilst the Euro 2012 game on ITV1 got nearly 6 million viewers.

News of another Codemasters Grid game to be revealed on the 8th, wonder if it could be the answers to our prayers...
    I urge you: KEEP CALM AND SAVE OFF TOPIC...

Quote Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
    Very true.

For those of you who can be bothered to check the top ten programs for each channel for each week are available on the BARB website.

Week ending 1st April - BTCC (Brand Hatch) was the 3rd most popular program on ITV4 with 290k viewers behind Octopussy (341k) and umpteenth showing of 'An Audience with Billy Connolly' (501k)

Week ending 15th April - BTCC (Donington) doesn't even feature in ITV4's top ten, which is made up of Premier League cricket and Rocky / Lethal Weapon / Death Wish movies. 10th place got 276k viewers.

Week ending 29th April - BTCC (Thruxton) was ITV4's top show with 379k viewers. I suspect that was in part down to the bad weather with people staying and watching the TV rather than going outside.

Week ending 10th Jun (Oulton) - no figures available for ITV4. However for those who suggested that the tennis could have been shunted to ITV3 note that re-runs of 'Rosemary and Thyme' and 'Lewis' that were on at that time got 650k+ viewers, whilst the Euro 2012 game on ITV1 got nearly 6 million viewers.

I thought the BTCC got around 1.8 million? With not even a million i'm surprised there even bothering...
    "Apparently David Bartrum was painting the garage wall during race 1 and by the end it was dry..." - Tim Harvey, Oulton Park 2014

I would love if they made the game again, and I've tried to get a thread in the 'Ask Alan' section but it doesn't get put up... In 2007 they bought out a WTCC game on PC....I personal would have thought that teams and sponsors alike would jump on bored as its an extra bit of advertising..

...Oh Well just boring F1 it is for PS3...

Robbo

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    I thought the BTCC got around 1.8 million?
    Not for the live coverage.

That a cumulative figure including ITV's live coverage and highlights show plus the various compilation shows like Max Power (Sky), Planet Speed (ESPN) and Motorsports Mundial (Ch 5), plus all the repeats.

Britain's biggest games company "Codemasters" announced yesterday that Grid 2 would be released this could mean touring cars would feature again. I would suspect so considering it was by far the most played mode on the original game. The game came out in 08 and the last time I played the game online at the end of last year still had loads of full lobbies for the touring cars.

Let's hope they do include the mode again as it was amazing and by far the best mode I'm sick of all these USA muscle cars tripe! but I also hope they will have added a few more cars rather then just the Volvo, Chevy Laccetti and BMW 3 Series. Also a few more tracks wouldnt go a miss on the original game it featured donnington park, and as long as Silverstone isn't the only UK track featured I will be happy it appears on to many racing games for my opinion. I for one would love Brands Hatch and the new Snetterton 300 track to feature far more fun to drive on then Silverstone.

if it has some real tracks to race on like Knockhill, Oulton, Donington, Brands and snett then i would gladly buy it along with the required console. Still love taking a astra coupe round the hill on TRD1, only thing is with the track being wider than in the game I keep getting sent to see the COC for going 4WO, plus love the contact in the game, more than in the wednesday night stock cars
    Knockhill marshal and proud
    opinions expressed are my own and not those of any organisations i am connected with

Not got too much faith in Codemasters anymore, as recent games haven't been great. Hopefully one of the PC simulation companies might produce a BTCC game at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Group C View Post
    Not got too much faith in Codemasters anymore, as recent games haven't been great. Hopefully one of the PC simulation companies might produce a BTCC game at some point.
    Is that a joke? They have been great Dirt 2,3 have been amazing some of the features added to those games have been brilliant! Grid was amazing as well! Codemasters were the first company to add the rewind crash system to a game also the first company to add YouTube connectivity to a racing game!
    The f1 games are brilliant as well they could do with a few minor touches to improve but overall proper sound games!

People need to get this whole computer simulation website thingy like bat racer out of their heads! There is nowhere near enough people that play them!
    I would rather see a game go to console like Grid 2 because it will shift a lot more copies and could mean more people will tune into the BTCC!

ITs not goin, because i saw this point before, and they basically said "you can get the sponsers, but you cant get the car." Basically, the reason there isnt a game now is because the dev cant get permissons for honda, mg, bmw, toyota, proton, vauxhall ect because apart from them not being able to afford it, some manuacturers *cough* Vauxhall *cough* dont want to licence cars that they see as unimportant or irrelivent, sure, proton and mg would love it, but vxr dont, and its not just them

So far Project Cars has announced that they have the licenses for the 2012 BTCC spec Redstone Fords and the 2012 spec eBay Motors BMWs from both Ford and BMW as part of a package (think it's 10 different models of car from each manufacturer they have the licenses for).

I presume that they have got the BTCC versions of both cars as Simbin have the licenses for the WTCC spec versions, but I haven't read anything anywhere so that is just a guess.

Would be great if they can get a few more BTCC models even if it isn't a full grid, as that's probably about as good as we're going to get at the moment it seems.
    Last edited by kindaunstuck; 5th Aug 2012 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MclarenFanJack View Post
    Is that a joke? They have been great Dirt 2,3 have been amazing some of the features added to those games have been brilliant! Grid was amazing as well! Codemasters were the first company to add the rewind crash system to a game also the first company to add YouTube connectivity to a racing game!
    The f1 games are brilliant as well they could do with a few minor touches to improve but overall proper sound games!

People need to get this whole computer simulation website thingy like bat racer out of their heads! There is nowhere near enough people that play them!
    I would rather see a game go to console like Grid 2 because it will shift a lot more copies and could mean more people will tune into the BTCC!
    Batracer? Your kidding right? I'm talking about rFactor 2, Project CARS and Assetto Corsa - go look them up and then see how proper racing games should be.

And seriously, a good feature for a racing game is the rewind system and being able to upload your crashes to YouTube? No thank you! I'm not a fan of arcade racing games like the Race Drivers and Grid have been. Being able to crash and rewind it so you don't crash, or being able to slam off every barrier on the track and still win - is not racing.

I won't be buying grid 2 if the last one has anything to go by, the touring cars where so unrealistic to drive it was pathetic... JS...

Quote Originally Posted by Group C View Post
    Batracer? Your kidding right? I'm talking about rFactor 2, Project CARS and Assetto Corsa - go look them up and then see how proper racing games should be.

And seriously, a good feature for a racing game is the rewind system and being able to upload your crashes to YouTube? No thank you! I'm not a fan of arcade racing games like the Race Drivers and Grid have been. Being able to crash and rewind it so you don't crash, or being able to slam off every barrier on the track and still win - is not racing.
    havn't played grid much then! Got the most realistic damage system on any touring car game. R factor is utter rubbish the graphics are crud and the others you have mentioned probably dont even get half the amount of plays grid gets in a day! If touring cars should feature on any format it should be on a console first and formostley would boost the series a lot more a proper way of playing games and with thousands more people playing them/