Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 159

Thread: We want a BTCC computer game!!

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    47
    TOCA 2 was so much fun. I wish I still had a Playstation 1.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    3
    Would love to see a TOCA game again.

    An Expansion pack on Forza would be awesome though. I have some of the cars on the grid, bought the designs from the storefront and then suped them up. Thing is some of the cars (MG is a perfect example) aren't on the game.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    28
    I would much prefer something released on a PC, as more of a simulation than a game... ive always found console racers to be abit arcadey... dont get me wrong there alot of fun just completed the new dirt showdown and also own GT5, F1 2011, Dirt 3 among others but ive always found PC simulators to be alot more realistic... More complete setup adjustments, better damage models and physics etc. rF2 although its only in BETA at the moment and as someone above (sorry i forgot your name) iRacing are amongst the best so maybe a sim using the same game engines as these. ITS ABOUT TIME WE HAD A FULLY LICENSED BTCC SIM!!!!!!!!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by jimothy84 View Post
    ... I help run a site that does just that!
    The one in your signature? (WorldLeagueRacing?)

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1990 View Post
    ive always found console racers to be abit arcadey... dont get me wrong there alot of fun just completed the new dirt showdown and also own GT5, F1 2011, Dirt 3 among others but ive always found PC simulators to be alot more realistic...
    I like realisitic, but I would definitely want the game to be fun as well. If a generous person does make a game, I hope it is a good one and that it comes out on sale here in Mississippi.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by jimothy84 View Post
    If only. Putting my serious head on, there's way too small a market for what would be a really expensive game to make. Such a shame, the TOCA games were so much fun.

    Best thing is to make the most of what's available, be it iracing, rfactor, or find yourself a race series on Forza 4 or Gran Turismo 5... I help run a site that does just that!
    To be fair, you've got the STCC games that where released as add-ons for the Race 07 series on the PC. Now I'm not an expert on the STCC but I would say their fanbase must be of equal or smaller size than the BTCC. Can't really see the teams disagreeing with such a game either - surely for a team like ES Racing it would mean extra visiblity for their sponsers?

    It'd be fantastic to get one. Perhaps the best way though is to look at doing an official add-on for the next generation of simulation games? rFactor 2, Project C.A.R.S, Assetto Corsa or Gran Turismo 6. Rather than cost a fortune in fully developing a game, releasing the cars to an already established platform might work best.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Samoa
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Group C View Post
    Now I'm not an expert on the STCC but I would say their fanbase must be of equal or smaller size than the BTCC.
    STCC is/was the third largest spectator sport in Sweden, but I see your point.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW TEAM INDIA DRIVER View Post
    STCC is/was the third largest spectator sport in Sweden, but I see your point.
    Fair enough but still the BTCC must be pretty high up there after the football and Rugby.
    I recon more people watch BTCC then Cricket on TV

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    140
    Although it's a few years since the proper games, it'd be interesting to find out how many copies of TOCA 1 and TOCA 2 where sold. Must have been a fair amount to even make the second game.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Group C View Post
    Although it's a few years since the proper games, it'd be interesting to find out how many copies of TOCA 1 and TOCA 2 where sold. Must have been a fair amount to even make the second game.

    Yep. I had them both and would happily buy No.3. Especially if it included Ginetta Juniors too.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Group C View Post
    Although it's a few years since the proper games, it'd be interesting to find out how many copies of TOCA 1 and TOCA 2 where sold. Must have been a fair amount to even make the second game.
    I know about a website containing this data. I can send you the link if you want.
    It says: TOCA 1 : 2.28 million copys worldwide ( from that are 2 mil. from Europe).
    TOCA 2: only 1.32 million worlwide.

    bytheway: There seems to be a TOCA 3 on PS2 (Ultimate Racing Simulator).


    BTCC Predictions Champion 2013 !

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Burton upon Trent
    Posts
    116
    TOCA 3 was "TOCA World" IIRC

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    28
    wa
    Quote Originally Posted by MclarenFanJack View Post
    Fair enough but still the BTCC must be pretty high up there after the football and Rugby.
    I recon more people watch BTCC then Cricket on TV
    No way, Cricket is far more popular in UK than BTCC.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    28
    If any of you are looking for a "BTCC" which runs online though, I suggest the Forza Racing Series - just PM me for the link... which is great fun to be in.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ James View Post
    If any of you are looking for a "BTCC" which runs online though, I suggest the Forza Racing Series - just PM me for the link... which is great fun to be in.
    The FRS, Run By Clarkey CCFC, im in that one, well good fun!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •