Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: We want a BTCC computer game!!

We want a BTCC computer game!!

Is it just me or does anyone else want Playstation/Xbox to get on a BTCC computer game???

I used to love playing TOCA ages and ages ago....in the Alain Menu days!!!

I love playing F1 on my PS3, but would prefer to play TOCA!!

Carl

Unfortunatly with so many independant teams it would be a nightmare getting all the rights.

Remember Toca 1 and 2 never had independants, just the works teams. Toca 3 with just 4 cars would be a bit poo.
    "Apparently David Bartrum was painting the garage wall during race 1 and by the end it was dry..." - Tim Harvey, Oulton Park 2014

Hi guys...
    Im not really bothered by a BTCC Game I have waited for so long and just given up all hope basically. I would rather see a game like grid where you create a Touring Car team add a teammate, sponsors, designs and stuff, but with more models of car rather then a BMW, Chevy and Volvo and more tracks.

Grid 2 but with more focus on the touring cars rather then the destruction derby and muscle cars that were on the original dirt would be brilliant.

Also I would like to see a more forza like interface, and design system where you can create sponsors as well for added realistic ness.

Or if they could bring out DLC or expansions for existing games. Forza would be great if a pack contained some BTCC cars. Or even a couple of generic looking cars that are run to the NGTC (or even S2000) regs. Then the player can add their own designs etc.

A couple of tracks as DLC would be great (even if over optimistic)
    “One can’t be angry when one looks at a penguin”

I still remember how excited I got when they released Giovanardi's Vectra for Race07. For free as well.
    http://www.simbin.se/wp-content/uplo...plaza-copy.jpg
    But I imagine it's a huge pain with licensing.

iRacing has bought the license for a NGTC Honda Civic, so probably it'll be available in 2013. And iRacing really IS the best computer game you can find.
    http://www.btcc.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1461&dateline=1300649  532

At the risk of showing my ignorance of these things, it can't be that hard to get the teams on board? Put it in the entry rules for independents and negotiate with factory teams if needed. Circuits might be an issue - but they've done it before... I still play TOCA 2

Grid is ok with Donny included, although I'm not convinced you could really get from Redgate down to the old hairpin without touching the brakes at all in an R10

Quote Originally Posted by Jbmass View Post
    iRacing has bought the license for a NGTC Honda Civic, so probably it'll be available in 2013. And iRacing really IS the best computer game you can find.
    Trouble is with iRacing which puts so many people off is the ridiculous pricing! I reckon grid 2 could be the possibility for BTCC to return although ISI's Rfactor2 is getting some high profile series onboard. Adding to this the Simbin developers are experienced in this market so know how to build a touring car game.

As much as I would love a game I am very doubtful of the BTCC returning any time soon on a PC/console near you

Quote Originally Posted by scurcic5 View Post
    At the risk of showing my ignorance of these things, it can't be that hard to get the teams on board? Put it in the entry rules for independents and negotiate with factory teams if needed.
    Independent teams and their sponsors can sign away the rights to their image (i.e. livery and logos) but they can't negotiate for the right to the likeness of the car. So for example WSR can licence their name and eBay can licence their logo but if you want the car in the game to look like a BMW and be called a BMW then you must obtain the rights from BMW themselves. Same for Ford, VW, Vauxhall, Toyota, etc

In run an online league in rfactor and were making a BTCC pack for it a the minute from the various free content sources available online. Hopefully it will be ready in a few weeks so anyone using that sim will be able to download, or even come race with us in our online championship

More info on our facebook page.. https://www.facebook.com/worldseriesvirtualracing

Quote Originally Posted by Carl83 View Post
    I used to love playing TOCA ages and ages ago....in the Alain Menu days!!!
    At the Autosport show one year (or was it Motorsport day at the Motor Show?), Mr. Menu himself was taking on all comers on TOCA 1... I beat him, I was happy. Race Drivers aren't gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Dan F View Post
    At the Autosport show one year (or was it Motorsport day at the Motor Show?), Mr. Menu himself was taking on all comers on TOCA 1... I beat him, I was happy. Race Drivers aren't gamers
    Apart from the GT Academy guys, who are all brilliant.
    Erkut Kizilirmak Fan #1

Quote Originally Posted by daveylad1978 View Post
    Apart from the GT Academy guys, who are all brilliant.
    World Touring Car Championship driver Norbert Michelisz was picked up by Zoltan Zengo for his speed on a PC simulator game, and gave him a drive in the Hungarian Suzuki Swift championship. The rest is history, as they say...

Thumbs up BTCC Computer Game

I may be on the other side of the world to the BTCC fans, but I have gotten to where I follow this more than NASCAR or IndyCar, or anything else!! I've seen so much footage of these races thanks to generous users on the internet.

I may live in the USA, but a BTCC XBOX 360 game sounds like a great idea. I'd like it to have SuperTourers, S2000, BTC, and the multi-class format cars!!!

If only. Putting my serious head on, there's way too small a market for what would be a really expensive game to make. Such a shame, the TOCA games were so much fun.

Best thing is to make the most of what's available, be it iracing, rfactor, or find yourself a race series on Forza 4 or Gran Turismo 5... I help run a site that does just that!
    WorldLeagueRacing

Forza 5 racer, painter and series organiser